Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I got the Bad Gal mascara from Benefit about three weeks ago ... I find its really dried but and thats only after three weeks-anyone else experience this problem? Really disappointed!

Mine usually lasts a good while. Try putting the tube in warm water to soften the mascara again. You should get a few more applications out of it, using that method :)

8662810111451904.jpg

I got this from Bourjois a few weeks ago, in Boots. It's around the 8 euro mark. I'd tried a similar eye-liner pen from Maybelline and wanted to see how this one compared. It's a really easy way to apply liquid eyeliner and it's very precise, but one major negative was how fast the pen dries out. If you like your eyeliner quite heavy and dark, you'd need to be replacing the pen every couple of weeks. The eyeliner starts to look pretty faint around then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I got the Bad Gal mascara from Benefit about three weeks ago and love it, I've never used a mascara that makes my lashes look so long and thick but I find its really dried but and thats only after three weeks-anyone else experience this problem? Really disappointed!

Never had that problem with mine. I'd recommended doing what pikachucheeks suggested and see if that helps at all.

Oh that's really disappointing! Do you have sensitive skin? I think I might avoid anyway if you had a reaction like that! :eek:

I don't think I usually have sensitive skin but I hadn't put makeup on in over a week so that may be a factor. I'll try it again anyway and let you know if I get the same reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

I have the professional bronzing brush too and really like it. I find it great for adding a touch of colour to my cheeks! I also have the studion complexion perfection which I use with the bronzing brush and they are a great combination! I guess we can't go wrong for such cheap prices although I find some of their products as good as some of the more expensive counterparts!

I got the Bad Gal mascara from Benefit about three weeks ago and love it, I've never used a mascara that makes my lashes look so long and thick but I find its really dried but and thats only after three weeks-anyone else experience this problem? Really disappointed!

I have Bad Gal too and I haven't found it to dry up that fast, even though it does dry up pretty quickly. Pikachucheeks' suggestion works though, I've tried it with other mascaras and it worked a treat!

And, as you mention it, the more I use the bronzing brush, the happier I am with it. I don't have any really good brushes, but I have a GOSH blush brush I'd been using which was about 15 euro and it's way scratchier than my 1.70 ELF one! The ELF one'll do me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

So I got some presents of nail polish in the post a few weeks back. I decided today I will do a review as I have been trying them out :)

I got four colours altogether.

Vintage Polish For Elegant Nails
    n_vintage.jpg

Lilac Polish For Lovely Nails
    07-lilac.jpg

Petite Polish For French Nails
    n_petite.jpg

Nude Polish For Perfect Nails
    n_nude.jpg

I did take photos and swatches but as I'm only using a point and shoot camera belonging to my sister they didn't come out well.

205795_10150134029402259_833992258_6474750_2076662_n.jpg
    196903_10150134028867259_833992258_6474748_5144246_n.jpg

I think these polishes are gorgeous! They are very pastel but matte when applied, I found that you do not need to apply a lot of this as the product itself is very watery but after two coats it looks beautiful. When wearing these I like to use OPI's rapid dry top coat to give them a nice shine.

They retail at 5 euros each or you can get three for 11 euros on their website. There is free shipping Worldwide when you spend over 35 pound/ $55

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Loving this thread!! :D

Bought so much in the last week!! Eeep!!

MAC 4 Eyeshadow pallet €53.50
    Love it!!!

153558.png

MAC Eyeshadow Brushes €22.50 & €27.50 Best buy EVER! I can finally do my eyes nice with these brushes!

Bourjois Mascara, Volume clubbing, extra black €8.99

Loving this, one coat and really long separate lashes. I have a mascara addiction!! :o

Bourjois Felt eyeliner €8.99
    Could never do my eyeliner without messing it, perfect application with this!!

Estee Lauder, Double wear in NCRU €34

Been obsessed with this for weeks and finally bought it, have only worn it two days but I LOVE it so far!! Normally wear NW15 studio sculpt so when she recommended ECRU at the counter I was a bit apprehensive as I hate looking like I have tonnes of make up on. SHELL matched my skin perfectly but she recommended ECRU which is a shade darker to warm my skin and also because summer is coming in, its perfect for my shade! Blends brilliantly! :D

I bought a new Mac powder a few months ago (Mineralize skin finish natural) and had barely used any, the other day when using it the entire pressed powder fell out of the compact! Was devastated Nearly cried! My friend bought loads in Mac today so when I was in I asked if they had an empty pot that I could put my broken powder into she said sure, but if I'd have had the receipt she would have replaced it. She asked to have a look at my powder. Then went back to the drawer and came back with a brand new one for me! She said she could tell I'd barely used any! I was literally THRILLED!! In amazing form for the entire day!! I'm so sad!!

Johnsons Daily essentials day cream €4.99

Needed a rich moisturiser for under the double wear, apparently it can dry out on your skin. Had no money left after that shopping spree so got this!

I HAVE A MAKE UP ADDICTION!! :o:(:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Another +1 for the Maybelline gel eyeliner! It's amazing! It goes only really easily and stays on (but comes off so easily at the end of the night! no mad rubbing at all) I wore it out last night, had primer underneath and patted black eyeshadow on top...fell into bed without taking my make-up off and the eyeliner hadn't budged an inch when I woke up! No panda eyes at all...I love this stuff! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

I bought the Catrice All Round Concealer palette the other day. It's the one with green(for redness), pink(Undereye circles I think?:confused:) and 3 skin colour shades of concealer. It was very smooth to apply and easy to blend. While it's not the best concealer I've ever used, it's better than average. It cost around €3.79 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Popped into MAC today for a browse and was very VERY bold. Came out with these goodies:

MAC Studiofix Powder Plush Foundation in NC25: a shade darker than I normally wear but as we're now into spring and I've started to wear a little bit of false tan again, I went for this. €31.00

MAC Paintpot in Rubenesque: a stunning shimmering pink-champagne gold colour. Will use all over the lid to prime the eye before eyeshadow application and to give a shimmery effect to my base colour (Blanc- a matter creamy beige). €19.00

MAC Powderblush in Springsheen; a lovely sheer peachy gold colour that applied lightly is perfect for day. More dense application will suit bronzed skin in the summer months. €21.50

MAC Studiofinish SPF35 concealer in NC15: a thick, creamy pot concealer that hides all blemishes, uneveness, redness, etc. €17.50

MAC eyeshadow pan in Embark: a rich red-toned dark brown with a matte finish. €11.50

€100.50 on cosmetics... bold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ancelia

tomissex wrote: »
    Another +1 for the Maybelline gel eyeliner! It's amazing! It goes only really easily and stays on (but comes off so easily at the end of the night! no mad rubbing at all) I wore it out last night, had primer underneath and patted black eyeshadow on top...fell into bed without taking my make-up off and the eyeliner hadn't budged an inch when I woke up! No panda eyes at all...I love this stuff! :D

I got this the other day! It really is great!! I'd definitely reccommend it:)

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Popped into MAC today for a browse and was very VERY bold. Came out with these goodies:

MAC Powderblush in Springsheen; a lovely sheer peachy gold colour that applied lightly is perfect for day. More dense application will suit bronzed skin in the summer months. €21.50

€100.50 on cosmetics... bold!

I hate how dangerous Mac is like that! You pick up a few items and you get to the till and it's like whoops!

Springsheen sounds lovely, I want to pick up a peachy blush for the summer:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 sparklicous

Asphyxia wrote: »

Vintage Polish For Elegant Nails

I think these polishes are gorgeous! They are very pastel but matte when applied, I found that you do not need to apply a lot of this as the product itself is very watery but after two coats it looks beautiful. When wearing these I like to use OPI's rapid dry top coat to give them a nice shine.

They retail at 5 euros each or you can get three for 11 euros on their website. There is free shipping Worldwide when you spend over 35 pound/ $55

glad these are not too bad. tried eyeko's nail varnish about a year ago, and their pastel blue was shocking. like chalky tippex. love their mascara though. it comes in a squeezy tube, and it's great for that fake lash effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

Spent ages over the No.7 Counter, only to find out that the lipstick and gloss that had been put in the free gift bag were not actually part of the free gift. I'd wanted to pick up the illuminator and colour correcting primer but decided to leave them for another day. I'd fall ten cent short of getting the gift as well, not that the gift really interests me...

Bought three Barry M nail polishes today; Tangerine, Mint Green and Shocking Pink. No complaints about the quality of Barry M and the colours a very pretty. :)

Just got the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette today. I've been dying to get U.D's Naked palette but as ye all know it's near impossible to get, so I hope this one will satisfy my need for a while!:p
    So far the colours seem really good and pigmented, looking forward to trying it out properly tommorrow.:)

http://www.toofaced.com/product_template_003.aspx?dept_sub_id=28&dept_id=10&cat_id=139

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Has anyone tried the Urban Decay "All nighter make up setting spray". Would be interesting in knowing if it's worth buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in beige

Bobbi Brown NEW Creamy concealer Kit

Not impressed with either, pity cause I love BB stuff.

Also got a 10 voucher off one their cult beauty products seen here including Touche Elcat. It's free to anyone whos interested.

Has anyone tried the Urban Decay "All nighter make up setting spray". Would be interesting in knowing if it's worth buying.

Yeah I got it as a present and I have nothing to compare it to - as in, I've never used a setting spray before because I don't have oily skin or problems with foundation slipping. So haven't used MAC Fix-Plus or anything. I think it's OK; it certainly makes my makeup look less powdery and everything looks more 'blended'.

Do I notice greater longevity in my makeup? Not massively, but I tend to use long-lasting foundations so, like I said, I've never really had a problem with that. If I'm doing something sweaty it does make a difference alright.
    It's not a 'can't live without it' product for me, but maybe if makeup slippage was a bigger problem for me, it might be.

What would be a great idea is to go into Urban Decay in the morning on a day when you're in town shopping/meeting up with people/etc., and ask them to apply it, and give it a test run all day to see if you notice any difference.

Just a word of warning: it's pretty scented; I like the smell but I can imagine it being divisive enough, and also, my skin isn't sensitive to scented stuff but yours might be. It's oil-free and paraben-free which I gather is good, but if you have very dry skin, it's not going to do much to alleviate that.

Hope this was of any use; could've shortened it to say 'just go in and try it on' but I love to talk makeup! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I bought Benefit's "Finding Mr Bright" yesterday, a set which has little travel-size versions of Posie Tint, Erase Paste, High Beam and Girl Meets Pearl. I have the full size bottle of High Beam too and it's been mentioned here loads of times in the past so I won't bother reviewing it again; we all know it's a great highlighter!

Erase Paste is the best under-eye concealer I've found so far. I have very dark circles, a combination of genetics and occassional poor sleeping routine, along with inadequate hydration. Touche Eclat never really did much on it's own, and I have a MAC concealer which is fine, but it's no miracle. Erase Paste is so much better; when I asked the saleswoman to apply some for me in the shop, it even impressed my mother! So that's one harsh critic pleased ;) On very bad days I might apply some Touch Eclat over it, just for it's refective properties which sometimes gives a nice boost.

Posie Tint looks almost offensively pink in the bottle! It's practically neon, and I had major reservations about using it. But once it's on, it gives a really subtle colour to your lips (haven't tried it on cheeks yet as I'm not much of a blusher person). I think I'd be more inclined to use the traditional Benetint, just because the colour is something I'm more used to, but Posie Tint is a perfectly acceptable alternative.

Girl Meets Pearl is an odd product, I think. It's like an all-over highlighter/illuminator, and I'm not really sure why it would be required all over your face. One of the suggested uses is to blend it with your foundation for a "dewy" look; imo, a shiny face is not a good look. I'd happily use it in selected areas, much like High Beam, but all over just wouldn't look right (at least on me). It gives a golden-type shimmer and is quite subtle. It's nice, and smells sweet, but use at your discretion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

jokettle wrote: »
    Girl Meets Pearl is an odd product, I think. It's like an all-over highlighter/illuminator, and I'm not really sure why it would be required all over your face.

+ 1.

I bought this when it first came out a few months ago and just used the last of it up the other day.

I wouldn't recommend using it all over your face, as having shimmer on your chin or general t-zone area could make you look a bit oily or shiny.

I used it by putting a bit on my hand and using a small sponge to dab it on to areas on my face I wanted to highlight ; Cheekbones etc.

Gives the skin a nice dewy finish :)

To compare it with Highbeam, the colour is slightly more golden than pink and the consistency isn't as concentrated, I think. If you have HB, I'd stick with that as a highlighter, rather than purchasing GMP for the same purpose. In saying that, GMP is a nice product though. Smells nice, the packaging is cute ... Pretty much typical of Benefit!

Made another e.l.f. order there on Friday, so impatient to get it...will let you all know how I get on! I should really take pictures this time, it's difficult to get the measure of a product without pictures...

Would love to see this thread stickied, it's such a brilliant idea of a thread, and pictures would really add to it! Hate to see it so far down...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

A quick follow-up on my and pikachhucheeks' posts above: I discovered today that if I use a bit of Girl Meets Pearl over the Erase Paste, it has a nice highlighting effect; similar to Touch Éclat but with a bit more depth. A teeny tiny dab does the trick :)

• Advertisement

I picked up a few things during the week. :)

Firstly I got 2 of the Revlon Colourburst lipglosses in Peony and Papaya. Peony is a beautiful delicate pink and Papaya is a more pigmented coral/orange shade. There is tiny bits of glitter in these but they're really finely milled so it's not chunky lumps of glitter,but gives more of a shimmery effect. I did find however that with Papaya, I could feel a slight grittiness on my lips. Not enough to annoy me but some people might not like it.
    As glosses go, I don't find them sticky at all, they feel quite moisturising when you apply them. They don't last too long before wearing off unfortunately but it's not a biggie for me. Also I wore them both by themselves and over lipstick. They were fine over lipstick but when I wore them alone, when they wore off they did leave my lips quite dry and uncomfortable until you apply more.:(
    Overall though, I do really like them and I am going to get a few more colours. Got mine for €11 in Boots

http://www.revlon.com/Revlon-Home/Products/Lips/Lipgloss/Revlon-ColorBurst-Lipgloss.aspx
    (Bear in mind, that thats a link to the US site and I don't think we have all the same colours available here).

I also picked up the Chanel VitaLumiere Aqua foundation. I only recently got the Revlon photoready one, which I like but I feel is just a bit too dark and heavy for me during the day, so I've regulated it to my night-time foundation!
    The Chanel one is lovely and light but still decent coverage. The woman at the counter reccommended the aqua one to me as opposed to the original one as she said it's better for dry skin. So far I like it (not the price tag though - €38:()

http://www.chanel.com/en_SG/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Foundations-VITALUMIÈRE-AQUA-118356

I picked up a few things during the week. :)

Firstly I got 2 of the Revlon Colourburst lipglosses in Peony and Papaya. Peony is a beautiful delicate pink and Papaya is a more pigmented coral/orange shade. There is tiny bits of glitter in these but they're really finely milled so it's not chunky lumps of glitter,but gives more of a shimmery effect. I did find however that with Papaya, I could feel a slight grittiness on my lips. Not enough to annoy me but some people might not like it.
    As glosses go, I don't find them sticky at all, they feel quite moisturising when you apply them. They don't last too long before wearing off unfortunately but it's not a biggie for me. Also I wore them both by themselves and over lipstick. They were fine over lipstick but when I wore them alone, when they wore off they did leave my lips quite dry and uncomfortable until you apply more.:(
    Overall though, I do really like them and I am going to get a few more colours. Got mine for €11 in Boots

Ooh I was playing with some of them on Saturday, was tempted to get a gorgeous pinky-lilac one but the bf was with me and dissuaded me because, in his words, I have 'about a million' of the same colour. I hate his reasonableness...

Noticed that the lipglosses appeared to replace the lipsticks on the stand though, and as beautiful as the glosses are, I'd be gutted if the lipsticks were discontinued because I love them. Especially Blush. I imagine they're not gone considering they've only been out a year. Still...:eek:

Ooh I was playing with some of them on Saturday, was tempted to get a gorgeous pinky-lilac one but the bf was with me and dissuaded me because, in his words, I have 'about a million' of the same colour. I hate his reasonableness...

I hate being reasoned with when I'm buying make-up:mad: Me shopping with someone----> 'It is different, it definitely is, I don't care how minute the difference is, it's there!!' lol!
    Noticed that the lipglosses appeared to replace the lipsticks on the stand though, and as beautiful as the glosses are, I'd be gutted if the lipsticks were discontinued because I love them. Especially Blush. I imagine they're not gone considering they've only been out a year. Still...:eek:

Yea, I was looking for the lipsticks and they do seem to have replaced them with the lipglosses:( Hopefully it's only temporary. Why to they give us something new only to take something else away?:( I wish we had the huge selections like they do in the States. It would be bad for the purse though haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I will start this by saying that I'm not some kind of freak that eats moisturiser off a spoon or something (but yesterday has proven that I touch my face and put my fingers in/near my mouth a lot)

I got a sample of Benefits new Brightening skincare range facial emulsion lotion the other day, no complaints about how it works, skin nice and soft etc. BUT the stuff is like 'no more nails' that you put on your face, my boyfriend kissed my cheek about an hour after I put it on and gagged, I bit my lip & gagged, licked some jam off my hand (where I had initially put the lotion before putting it on my face) and gagged. I know moisturisier shouldn't necessarily be tasty but this is just bizarre, such bitter, poisonous taste off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

The revlon custom eyes... :(

Firstly, I know im not gonna have lashes like anything they're advestising but my own are fairly dark and thing so I have a lot to play with.

It promises
    • with brush setting 1, length and drama. No length, no drama, blacker eyelashes.
    • with brush setting 2, length and definition. No length, no drama, blacker eyelashes,
    Was quite upset!!

http://www.makeup4all.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/01/Revlon-CustomEyes-Mascara-promo.jpg

My e.l.f. package came today!!! :D Couldn't have come on a better day, I'm demented trying to write an essay and suffering setback after setback.

Anyway, got 6 things, availing of the 20% off code on their facebook page:

Studio Powder Brush
    Studio Complexion Brush
    Eyeshadow brush
    Studio Cool Bronzer
    Studio blushes in Blushing Rose and Tickled Pink

So. The brushes. Only been playing with them about an hour but from first impressions, the two studio ones have the softest fibres of any brush I've owned. I should stipulate that I don't own any higher-end brushes apart from a Smashbox lip brush (I don't know either, I never use it) but I am STUNNED by how lovely they are. I used the powder brush to put on my foundation - Revlon Colorstay in Buff - and that elusive finish that's impossible to get with Colorstay? In about a minute my foundation was airbrush-perfect. Will give updates on how it's working but I am amazed and thrilled by both brushes. The eyeshadow brush from the regular range is also really good, packs on colour much better than the No.7 brush (the paddle-shaped one) I'd been using before.

The Cool Bronzer needs a bit more of a test run; I love that it's matte but I need to do a bit more playing with it to get the hang of it. Much better contour powder than the Golden one which is really better just to add a nice glow to the face. Will update as necessary!

The two blushes are absolutely gorgeous. Blushing rose is a really pigmented cranberry-rose colour that is of a similar tone to the colour I go when I blush naturally. A light enough hand is probably advised. Tickled Pink is a soft pink, not super-pigmented but adds a lovely pinky glow to the cheeks, beautiful colour for us typical Irish girls!

I know I said I'd add pictures but I have no idea how to upload/embed/etc. Kind of technologically backward. :o So apologies for that rambling first impression, I tend to have really long posts here but I just get so excited!! If anyone's curious about anything I got please fire away!!

Yea, I was looking for the lipsticks and they do seem to have replaced them with the lipglosses:( Hopefully it's only temporary. Why to they give us something new only to take something else away?:( I wish we had the huge selections like they do in the States. It would be bad for the purse though haha!

I know, after scaring myself yesterday I went checking to see if the lipstick are still knocking about but Revlon only has a US site it appears...WOW the range of Colorburst lipsticks! I would go crazy at the stand. They are my definite favourite lipsticks, even the relatively tiny colour range we have here has really good shades. The only thing is, Revlon's conversion to euro is really terrible; it's conversion from dollar to pound is bad enough, but we get ripped off again by the pound-euro conversion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

My e.l.f. package came today!!! :D Couldn't have come on a better day, I'm demented trying to write an essay and suffering setback after setback.

Anyway, got 6 things, availing of the 20% off code on their facebook page:

Studio Powder Brush
    Studio Complexion Brush
    Eyeshadow brush
    Studio Cool Bronzer
    Studio blushes in Blushing Rose and Tickled Pink

So. The brushes. Only been playing with them about an hour but from first impressions, the two studio ones have the softest fibres of any brush I've owned. I should stipulate that I don't own any higher-end brushes apart from a Smashbox lip brush (I don't know either, I never use it) but I am STUNNED by how lovely they are. I used the powder brush to put on my foundation - Revlon Colorstay in Buff - and that elusive finish that's impossible to get with Colorstay? In about a minute my foundation was airbrush-perfect. Will give updates on how it's working but I am amazed and thrilled by both brushes. The eyeshadow brush from the regular range is also really good, packs on colour much better than the No.7 brush (the paddle-shaped one) I'd been using before.

The Cool Bronzer needs a bit more of a test run; I love that it's matte but I need to do a bit more playing with it to get the hang of it. Much better contour powder than the Golden one which is really better just to add a nice glow to the face. Will update as necessary!

The two blushes are absolutely gorgeous. Blushing rose is a really pigmented cranberry-rose colour that is of a similar tone to the colour I go when I blush naturally. A light enough hand is probably advised. Tickled Pink is a soft pink, not super-pigmented but adds a lovely pinky glow to the cheeks, beautiful colour for us typical Irish girls!

I know I said I'd add pictures but I have no idea how to upload/embed/etc. Kind of technologically backward. :o So apologies for that rambling first impression, I tend to have really long posts here but I just get so excited!! If anyone's curious about anything I got please fire away!!

Have to agree - powder brush + colorstay = perfection. Colorstay with anything else, difficult. I do find the powder brush hard to clean, and one did fall apart on me (getting colortstay out of it is hard) so if you order again it might be worth getting a backup.

Also have Tickled Pink and the complexion brush and very happy with both. Got peachykeen in my most recent order, not loving it, too much gold in it for me. I only have a 50% hit rate with ELF I think.

lainey316 wrote: »
    Have to agree - powder brush + colorstay = perfection. Colorstay with anything else, difficult. I do find the powder brush hard to clean, and one did fall apart on me (getting colortstay out of it is hard) so if you order again it might be worth getting a backup.

Also have Tickled Pink and the complexion brush and very happy with both. Got peachykeen in my most recent order, not loving it, too much gold in it for me. I only have a 50% hit rate with ELF I think.

Yeah I have Peachy Keen myself and it is too gold/orange for me too. It's OK if you're going down the whole bronzed-face route and are wearing tan. Otherwise, it's just not a good colour for Irish skin...a much better peachy/gold colour is 17's Blush and Glow in 'Peaches and Cream'. Really nice. I'd agree ELF can be pretty hit-and-miss, I'm not sure how many things I'd repurchase if I ran out.

How did your brush fall apart? The hairs? I read a review before where someone said the hairs fell out, way beyond the usual shedding. I think I might take your advice and get a backup!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Yeah I have Peachy Keen myself and it is too gold/orange for me too. It's OK if you're going down the whole bronzed-face route and are wearing tan. Otherwise, it's just not a good colour for Irish skin...a much better peachy/gold colour is 17's Blush and Glow in 'Peaches and Cream'. Really nice. I'd agree ELF can be pretty hit-and-miss, I'm not sure how many things I'd repurchase if I ran out.

How did your brush fall apart? The hairs? I read a review before where someone said the hairs fell out, way beyond the usual shedding. I think I might take your advice and get a backup!!!

I have a Milani Luminous which is also goldy orangey but is much nicer - it's the 'traditional' dupe for NARS Orgasm but I believe the new formulation isn't such a good dupe. It works with a light hand, not sure Peachykeen will ever work for me.

Yep the hairs fell out, in clumps really, the glue holding them in disintegrated. Much more annoying the same thing happened my MAC 187 - I'll get a new one in the US and be more careful of it. With the ELF tho, I just posted a whinge comment on their facebook and ordered another one, €4 vs €40 makes a big difference to how upsetting it was!

It's handy to have 2 powder brushes, cause of the cleaning, it won't go astray if you get another one :)

Advertisement