Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've put myself on a spending ban now after going through all my cosmetics items, hair care, skin care, body care, nail care, perfume, the lot. :(

Wonder how long I'll last?! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I've put myself on a spending ban now after going through all my cosmetics items, hair care, skin care, body care, nail care, perfume, the lot. :(

Wonder how long I'll last?! :o
    I definitely need to do the same :o We should set up a beauty addicts anonymous :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I definitely need to do the same :o We should set up a beauty addicts anonymous :p

I defo need to join too!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm on a buying cosmetics ban too! :pac:

Today I went into Boots to pick up some moisturiser 'cause mine was taken from me by customs in the airport 'cause I decided not to check my bag at the last minute and forgot about the 100ml rule for carry on luggage. Anyway, I lost some good stuff. :( But yeah, was replacing the moisturiser and found myself at the till with a nail varnish and a mascara too!

My favourite mascara has in fact dried up, but I have two others which are fine, I just don't like 'em as much so I put the mascara back. I feel so proud, although a lil sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

just ordered naked palette 2.

This thread is definitely so bad for my bank balance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

had a bit of a binge this month. I blame this thread - it inspires me to buy things!

Joico K Pak for fine hair. You have to blow dry this in insteda of applying like a conditioner and rinsing. I like it so far my hair is dry and damaged a bit at the bottom and its looking better after!

5cb25023.jpg

Angelica in mandarin - hated this when I applied it :(

d8b85898.jpg

Morroccan Oil shampoo. The place I went to only had the volume one so I got that. Its not bad left my hair nice and shiny. My only concern is it may make it greasy which I don't need so will have to wait and see

3bc54456.jpg

Got this on ebay and it arrived today cant wait to try them out!! :D

adb201ac.jpg

and this one OPI Nicki Minaj

464cca47.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Just a few things I've picked up lately.

Kate-Moss-Lipstick-Collection-Rimmel-London-12-Orange.jpg Rimmel London's Kate Moss in 12, such a fun color :)

revlonLBrevlonLB.jpgrevlonLB4.jpgRevlon-Colorburst-Lip-Butter_Creme-Brulee.jpg Revlon Lip Butters in Peach Parfait, Sweet Tart, & Creme Brulee. These things are awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Ahh I want those Revlon Lip Butters, they look class! Silly spending ban >.<

Yeah they look really interesting! Are they more like lipsticks or lipbalms when they're on?:)

• Advertisement

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Yeah they look really interesting! Are they more like lipsticks or lipbalms when they're on?:)

I think they are more like an incredibly moisturizing lipstick because the ones I have are pretty pigmented. Sweet Tart is very pink on me! Some of the colors in the collection seem to be fairly sheer. They don't last very long, though! But I think they are good value for what they are. There are a couple helpful youtube reviews out there with swatches (which is how I picked my colors) and I read on beaut.ie that the lip butters will be in Ireland by April. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

A new boots is opening 2 mins from my place. Danger!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

The lip butters look fab - I want them! April is aaaages away :(

Ahh I want those Revlon Lip Butters, they look class! Silly spending ban >.<

It's like you read my mind! Maybe I could have one as a treat?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Got a lovely perfume set in boots reduced to five euro, had perfume and body lotion called sparkle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Novella wrote: »
    It's like you read my mind! Maybe I could have one as a treat?!
    Nope....nobody gets treats in January, now step away from this thread Novella :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Revlon Lip Butters in Peach Parfait, Sweet Tart, & Creme Brulee. These things are awesome.

Ooh I love the look of these too! I'm not really into lipsticks but I love balms and glosses so these seem perfect for me. Unfortunately I too am on a self imposed spending ban for the foreseeable future. Boo-urns. :(

anniehoo wrote: »
    Nope....nobody gets treats in January, now step away from this thread Novella :D

Not gonna lie, I did go looking for 'em today! :pac: But they weren't there. So I bought a Revlon lip stain instead and I absolutely hate it! That'll teach me!

Not gonna lie, I did go looking for 'em today! :pac: But they weren't there. So I bought a Revlon lip stain instead and I absolutely hate it! That'll teach me!

The lip butters? They aren't out until April in Ireland! :o

The lip butters? They aren't out until April in Ireland! :o

That explains it! :) Dunno how I missed that in your other post! :o

• Advertisement

That explains it! :) Dunno how I missed that in your other post! :o

Haha ;) I live in the US currently so I get access to some things before you guys, or sometimes things are easier to find (and usually cheaper) but there is always something I want that I can't find here! I usually have a list of things to stock up on when I visit my boyfriend in Dublin... For example, I spied those new Soap & Glory makeup products in Boots at Christmas but wasn't sure what to make of it, so once I read into them a bit more I might grab a few bits when I'm back in March!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I spied those new Soap & Glory makeup products in Boots at Christmas but wasn't sure what to make of it, so once I read into them a bit more I might grab a few bits when I'm back in March!

I'd swap Soap and Glory for CoverGirl, Hard Candy, Physicians Formula, Almay and even Wet'n'Wild anyday!

And even the brands available in European drugstores are nearly half the price in the US! I bought huge sizes of Redken All Soft shampoo and conditoner in Walmart for less than $13 each. This is why I go over with an almost empty suitcase and come back with a bulging one.:)

Giselle wrote: »
    I'd swap Soap and Glory for CoverGirl, Hard Candy, Physicians Formula, Almay and even Wet'n'Wild anyday!

And even the brands available in European drugstores are nearly half the price in the US! I bought huge sizes of Redken All Soft shampoo and conditoner in Walmart for less than $13 each. This is why I go over with an almost empty suitcase and come back with a bulging one.:)

Ugh, I know how you feel! I always felt like I was being cheated when I lived in Ireland and had to pay 2 times, sometimes 3 times as much for something I knew I could get for less back home! :mad: So now I know to stock up if I ever end up coming back for an extended time :)

I love the idea of a swap but to be honest sending a package from here can really put a dent in your wallet! But I have thought if I were to send one from Dublin next time I visit my bf. It's an idea, anyway! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Giselle wrote: »

Agreed! Whenever I go visit my family in the US I always stock up on beauty products, moreso than clothing/shoes. We are totally ripped off here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Boots 75% sale is on today! Was one of the first ones in galway and got a nice haul for €51, will post what I got later on, just wanted to spread the word :-)

Boots 75% sale is on today! Was one of the first ones in galway and got a nice haul for €51, will post what I got later on, just wanted to spread the word :-)

Oh heading in to City Centre Dublin today, must see what goodies are left!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Boots sale :D

_Hello%2BKitty%2BLiberty%2BEye%2BLove%2BHello%2BKitty%2BSmoky%2BEye%2BKit2.JPG
    Hello Kitty eyeshadow set with double-ended brush - €4

10128427?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1
    Hello Kitty brush wrap - €4

I also got a Dove set for myself and my mam (€4), a jewellery stand (€5) and a set to make custard cream keyrings (€3.37)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

http://www.moltonbrown.com/store/hand-wash-lotion/hand-cream-lotions/naran-ji-soothing-hand-lotion/LB086/

Got this today. Best. Hand cream. Ever.
    This smell is divine, I'm actually so devastated that I don't have it in perfume form. A little squirt is all you need and it leaves your hands feeling really soft with no grease. Looks like it will last me forever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

tomissex wrote: »
    Boots sale :D

_Hello%2BKitty%2BLiberty%2BEye%2BLove%2BHello%2BKitty%2BSmoky%2BEye%2BKit2.JPG
    Hello Kitty eyeshadow set with double-ended brush - €4

10128427?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1
    Hello Kitty brush wrap - €4

I also got a Dove set for myself and my mam (€4), a jewellery stand (€5) and a set to make custard cream keyrings (€3.37)

:)
    I really love that hello kitty brush set..... but its amazing how muchthey mark up the price before xmas :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Had a great time in Boots with the mammy :D

Got another one of these sets :pac: :o Love this stuff <3 It smells so nice, kinda like cinnamon mmmm. :D

Sanctuary Deluxe Collection

spa-therapies-deluxe-collection.jpg

Lipsy Daytime Doll Palette - €2.68 :D

Pics from Google.

6686153665ea263fd6eab.jpg6654444989edd43f2423b.jpg

Front Cover Blue Eyed Girl set - €4 :D

frontcover1g.jpg

Front Cover Top Drawer Pencil Collection - €5.37

frontcovertopdrawerpenc.jpg

Mammies bits :D

Boots mini butter collection - around €3

DSC05397.JPG