Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum malarkey but really liked the idea of this one as I find myself wasting a lot of money on the wrong products and would like to change that. I've got quite dry skin and have tried pretty much every foundation from Chanel to No. 7 and still end up looking patchy by the end of the day. I was thinking of buying MAC's Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation as I really like their eye shadows and lipsticks.

I'd really welcome any thoughts on this product

I use pro longwear. I have dry-dehydrated skin also and I find it great for that.

Its got great staying power I find.

Best thing to do is ask for a sample. At €30 for a bottle you might as well check it works before shelling out. I got a decent sample from them but I had to get my own jar (just ran into Boots and picked one up)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Just received the 10pc brush set. Which brush are people using for foundation?

I started with the slightly slanted flat top brush but didn't find it dense enough for foundation application. I've been using the tapered top one now for the last week or so, quite like it so far! I'm using the slim flat top one for concealer too. Which have you been using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I started with the slightly slanted flat top brush but didn't find it dense enough for foundation application. I've been using the tapered top one now for the last week or so, quite like it so far! I'm using the slim flat top one for concealer too. Which have you been using?

I was using the flat top one for putting on powder. Wasn't sure which one to use for foundation. Will try the tapered top one. Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

My mum has just bought Clinique Moisture Surge tinted moisturiser and I must say, it's gorgeous. Lovely even coverage and a little goes a very, very long way. She has super dry skin but doesn't look flaky or patchy whatsoever after wearing it for about 10 hours so far (no moisturiser underneath).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ColonelMustard

misslt wrote: »
    I use pro longwear. I have dry-dehydrated skin also and I find it great for that.

Its got great staying power I find.

Best thing to do is ask for a sample. At €30 for a bottle you might as well check it works before shelling out. I got a decent sample from them but I had to get my own jar (just ran into Boots and picked one up)

Thanks! I'll make sure to bring my jar :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

Picked up a back up Nars Sheer Glow as well as the Nars radiant creamy concealer - lovely as always.

Also picked up the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage brush, normally use a real techniques buffing brush so looking forward to giving it a go.

Received my delivery from Make up revolution, first products I've ever had from them so interested to see how they go. Got (amongst other things) their Lorac palette dupe, a foundation and a cream concealer palette that I plan on using for contouring.
    I will report back on any of the above products if anyone is interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Thanks! I'll make sure to bring my jar :)

If you were heading into Brown Thomas, you could bring a few of the little pots with you and try to get a few different brand samples.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Received my delivery from Make up revolution, first products I've ever had from them so interested to see how they go. Got (amongst other things) their Lorac palette dupe, a foundation and a cream concealer palette that I plan on using for contouring.
    I will report back on any of the above products if anyone is interested!

can you post a link to the LORAC dupe please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Valentina wrote: »
    can you post a link to the LORAC dupe please? :)

Here ya go Valentina!

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/iconic-pro-1-and-2.html

I bought them both too & they are fab!! :cool:

Don't have the originals but Youtube is full of comparisons which all suggest they are an excellent dupe.

I love MUR...they are an amazing brand & so cheap. :eek:

Their new Ultra Brow palettes are just spectacular!! :)

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/brow-kits/ultra-brow-palette.html

I am actually addicted & have almost all their eye, blush, & contour/conceal palettes!!

Really need to deal with this obsession!!! Lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

My order arrived from BuyinCoins after about 5 weeks.

I got all this for €15!!!

The brushes are just fab!

All are soft & densely packed.

The fan brushes are lovely!

IMG_20150430_213346_1.jpg

IMG_20150430_213402.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

I picked up serozinc. Can't wait to start using it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Had been planning to buy myself the Sigma premium brush kit but I've just noticed how crazy expensive it's gotten. Does anyone on here already own it and what do you think of it? Their prices seem to have shot up in the last 2 years, I'd expect some increase in that time but it seems to have gone from $149 to $217 for the very same kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Can anyone reccommend a good eye cream for day time for under foundation? After a long day of wearing make up I find that my foundation creases into any fine lines I have around my eyes and exaggerates them even more. I wear the elemis flash beauty balm or whatever it's called as a primer and am happy with it but feel like I need a little something for under eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

anna080 wrote: »
    Can anyone reccommend a good eye cream for day time for under foundation? After a long day of wearing make up I find that my foundation creases into any fine lines I have around my eyes and exaggerates them even more. I wear the elemis flash beauty balm as a primer and am happy with it but feel like I need a little something for under eye

I use the urban decay eyeshadow primer under my eyes& dab foundation over it. It doesn't budge and stays smooth. They do a travel size version about 12 euro worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

anna080 wrote: »
    Can anyone reccommend a good eye cream for day time for under foundation? After a long day of wearing make up I find that my foundation creases into any fine lines I have around my eyes and exaggerates them even more. I wear the elemis flash beauty balm as a primer and am happy with it but feel like I need a little something for under eye
    I use both of these and find them fantastic.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Boots-Vitamin-E-Gentle-Eye-Cream-SPF15-15ml_955892/

http://www.boots.ie/en/Botanics-Radiant-Youth-Hydrating-Eye-Cream-15ml_1262001/

I've also stared wetting a beauty sponge/blender and gently tapping inwards when patting in my concealer, and it helps to stop it creasing. I blend from the outer corner inwards and find it really help.

I sometimes use a primer under my eyes before I apply any make up but after my moisturiser and find it helps too. I use the Essence once, its around €3 or €4 in Penneys. I find it fantastic for the price, for a more higher end primer, you can't beat the NARS smudge proof primer. Its amazing, pricey though. http://www.narscosmetics.com/USA/smudge-proof-eyeshadow-base/0607845022114.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I had an unplanned sleepover in my mates Sat night, had no make-up with me & me being 5 shades paler than the average person meant I couldn't use her foundation when going to the pub for dinner the next day. I normally use MAC Studio Fix which I love but they don't stock MAC in the local chemist so I picked up a bottle of Catrice Nude Illusion. I am pretty impressed with it for a cheap foundation €7.49. Shade is spot on & coverage is good, covered all my blemishes. The real test will be how long wearing it is, I will put that to the test today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

My brushes arrived today! They are very soft and seem good quality (much better than some MAC fakes I've seen people using in the past!). In hindsight I probably could have done with an eye set over 10 face brushes, I don't think I have much use for 10 brushes!

Picked this up today as my skin has been irritated and sensitive for the past number of weeks. Hopefully this will help it become less irritated and sensitive.

http://www.boots.ie/en/La-Roche-Posay-Cicaplast-Baume-B5-Soothing-Repairing-Balm-100ml_1287417/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I bought a Bobbi Brown shimmer block recently and I am not super impressed with it. Maybe I need a different brush or something. The colour isn't very impressive compared to my usual blusher. Considering the price I'm not that happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

chocolate-bar-eye-shadow-collection

This arrived today. It smells amazingggggggggggggg and the colours are lovely, swatched a few on back of hand and they're fab. Can't wait to play with it properly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

lazygal wrote: »
    I bought a Bobbi Brown shimmer block recently and I am not super impressed with it. Maybe I need a different brush or something. The colour isn't very impressive compared to my usual blusher. Considering the price I'm not that happy with it.

I feel the same way about it! You need to put quite a lot on, which is a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

lazygal wrote: »

My understanding is you wear it over your blusher? I could be wrong, though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Huzzah! wrote: »

Agree, think it's more of a highlighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Thinking of going for the new loreal infallible makeup as I need a new long wearing foundation without spf. Would people recommend the matte or normal one?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

sibby wrote: »
    Thinking of going for the new loreal infallible makeup as I need a new long wearing foundation without spf. Would people recommend the matte or normal one?!

I'm a big fan of the matte one. The coverage is quite high, it has a nice finish & it lasts all day for me.

Only downside is that I need to give it a break every few days as I have dehydrated skin & using a matte foundation tends to make it worse. I'd use it every day if I could. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Huzzah! wrote: »

Yes I believe they are more of a blush topper. I have the pink quartz one and its def not a blush, much too shimmery and sheer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I have the pink quartz one too and I love it. I use it over my blusher and as a highlighter, it gives a lovely finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

sibby wrote: »

I'm loving the matte one at the moment too, but I have combo/oily skin so its basically made for my skin type :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Thanks for all the advice guys. Went for the matte version today, going to be trying it out next Saturday night hopefully it does the job.

• Advertisement

Picked this up today as my skin has been irritated and sensitive for the past number of weeks. Hopefully this will help it become less irritated and sensitive.

http://www.boots.ie/en/La-Roche-Posay-Cicaplast-Baume-B5-Soothing-Repairing-Balm-100ml_1287417/

Been using this since I got it, twice a day, every day and already my skin has improved far more than I thought it would have.

Really impressed with it and would definitely recommend it.

Advertisement