Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Sefirah

Got Rimmel's Fix & Perfect Pro Primer yesterday and really love it! I was unsure whether to buy it or not because it was in such a small tube, but it's quite gel-like when you put it on and you only need a little bit. Kept my foundation in place all day and even managed to avoid the 'panda eye' look by keeping my eye makeup in check- I'd highly recommend it!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Was running out of mascara, so went with more of the same:

Benefit_Double_The_Real_1373375505_main.jpg

£19.50 in Boots, not too bad at all :)

Had been using it for a good while, it can be a bit fiddly to apply and a demon to remove, but it makes my long (but naturally fair) lashes look really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Kitty I love it too! I find a bi-layer remover great at taking it off as its like tar when you try to take it off! I use the Lancôme bi facial cleanser and it comes off with one sweep of a make up pad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Picked up a Soap and Glory mini face massager in Boots yesterday. It was a total impulse buy, I'd heard nothing about it before hand. It's fantastic, it's not harsh at all (it actually feels kind of soothing to use) but it still cleared any hard to remove dead skin from around my nose and below my lip (areas i'd usually find hard to exfoliate properly).

soapandglory.png

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Was running out of mascara, so went with more of the same:

Benefit_Double_The_Real_1373375505_main.jpg

£19.50 in Boots, not too bad at all :)

Had been using it for a good while, it can be a bit fiddly to apply and a demon to remove, but it makes my long (but naturally fair) lashes look really good.

When I saw the box in Debenhams I thought it was an enhanced version of the original.. I was thrown by the 'Double'.. went and bought it in my excitement only to realise it's the one I already have but with a trial size version inside..

Not to worry, it's good stuff all the same and will be used :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

xzanti wrote: »
    When I saw the box in Debenhams I thought it was an enhanced version of the original.. I was thrown by the 'Double'.. went and bought it in my excitement only to realise it's the one I already have but with a trial size version inside..

Not to worry, it's good stuff all the same and will be used :D

Glad to hear I'm not alone! :):o

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

If I knew how to upload pics to this thread, you'd be sick to death of me!

I can't believe what an amazing product the nivia in shower moisturizer is though, I'm in love!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

got the maybelline baby lips the other day after reading about it on here. I love it - it reminds me of a cover girl one I used to have. Pity it doesnt last long before you have to re apply though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Have been using this combo for about five weeks now,
    2011-kerastase-300.jpg
    I'm not entirely impressed with the range. I've been using it as per instructed on the internet somewhere and I've felt it irritated my scalp a little (I have a veeery sensitive scalp with quite bad psoriasis). So for the price tag I'm quite disappointed and won't be repurchasing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Picked up a Soap and Glory mini face massager in Boots yesterday. It was a total impulse buy, I'd heard nothing about it before hand. It's fantastic, it's not harsh at all (it actually feels kind of soothing to use) but it still cleared any hard to remove dead skin from around my nose and below my lip (areas i'd usually find hard to exfoliate properly).

soapandglory.png

These are quite popular in Asia. I got one that I got back at home and I love it. And I completely agree. It's not harsh at all. It feels more like a massage than exfoliation. But it helps to cleanse your skin better. Just don't expect a deep clearing exfoliation.

• Advertisement

got the maybelline baby lips the other day after reading about it on here. I love it - it reminds me of a cover girl one I used to have. Pity it doesnt last long before you have to re apply though!

I got it recently too. I quite like it. It's not gonna work if you need something to treat and/or moisturise your lips. But it's nice to keep at your desk at work and reapply during the day to keep them nice and soft.

Luno wrote: »
    Have been using this combo for about five weeks now,
    2011-kerastase-300.jpg
    I'm not entirely impressed with the range. I've been using it as per instructed on the internet somewhere and I've felt it irritated my scalp a little (I have a veeery sensitive scalp with quite bad psoriasis). So for the price tag I'm quite disappointed and won't be repurchasing it.

I completely agree. I only tried the shampoo but I was so disappointed. Such a waste of money. Don't believe the hype. It did nothing for my dry hair, except making it drier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've been using MAC Prolong Wear foundation for the last couple of months. It's good but I'm not overly enamoured with it. The coverage is pretty good, it is long lasting and I've found it easy to blend with paler foundation as my tan has been fading. But I've noticed that my t-zone is becoming oily within couple of hours. I've been using MAC blotting powder with it (which I love) but I'm a little disappointed overall.

And the search for a great full coverage matte foundation continues....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Pang wrote: »
    bare_escentuals_bareminerals_blemish_remedy1314715690.jpg

Just bought this a few days ago in Debenhams as my skin has erupted over the last fortnight. A huge improvement after just three days of use. Strange medicinal smell from it, but it's the kind of smell that suggests it might just do its job!

What is this product called? I can't read the text in the photo. Is it a spot treatment or a concealer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

mood wrote: »
    What is this product called? I can't read the text in the photo. Is it a spot treatment or a concealer?
    It is blemish remedy by bareMinerals. :)

http://www.bareminerals.co.uk/Blemish-Remedy/UK53719,default,pd.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

mood wrote: »

I'm finding this Blemish Remedy fantastic. If i put it on before I go to bed, I can basically guarantee that those big nasty red blemishes that I get, will be yellow heads and ready for annihilation in the morning!

Only negative to it is that it has a very strong smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I bought the Real Techniques expert face brush and stippling brush in Boots yesterday on the buy one get one half price offer and used the expert brush this morning, my foundation has never looked as soon!

I actually think I prefer the expert brush to my MAC stippling brush. Think I might pick another up as a back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Had Illamasqua's Hollow for a few weeks now. Really like it as a contour colour but need to pick up a dedicated contour brush.

urban-decay-naked-skin.jpg

Also been using a sample of Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation. Really, really love this stuff. I have combo-oily skin and it lasts all day on me with a bit of powder on top. Decent coverage, I'd definitely say more than YSL's Touche Eclat foundation, and it can be built up to above medium coverage. Nice semi-matt/semi-glowy finish (less dewy than the YSL). Flawless finish with the Expert Face brush too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

On holidays i bought a few eyeshadows and a lip marker. Its all from kiko, its cheap enough tbh. The eyeshadows were all 1.90 and the lip marker was 6.50.

9652798121_a7607c8a12.jpg

I cant for the life of me remember what the numbers are. Ill edit it in tomorrow.
    Edit: from left to right: no. 119, no 173, no 170 and no 118.

They are pretty good, they stay on and are not too heavy on the eyes if that makes sense. Very light weight.

The lip marker is fantastic, its a coral colour no 102 if i can remember. The coulour lasts for hours. It is easy to apply but tricky for the top lip so a lip brush helps greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

On holidays i bought a few eyeshadows and a lip marker. Its all from kiko, its cheap enough tbh. The eyeshadows were all 1.90 and the lip marker was 6.50.

Love Kiko, their skincare and eyeliners are also amazing :) It's a pity that the nearest shop to us is Westfield in the UK though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

bscm wrote: »
    Love Kiko, their skincare and eyeliners are also amazing :) It's a pity that the nearest shop to us is Westfield in the UK though :(

I know I'm raging over it, they deliver to ireland though afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Ordered some of Skin79's new bb creams which I can't wait to try and also finally ordered an Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder...I've been torn over these all summer but finally caved, hope it's worth it! I chose Diffused Light!

Hourglass-Ambient-Lighting-Powder-Diffused-Light.jpg

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Ordered some of Skin79's new bb creams which I can't wait to try and also finally ordered an Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder...I've been torn over these all summer but finally caved, hope it's worth it! I chose Diffused Light!

I have the Mood Light (the lavender-y pink one) and I love it. I hate anything glittery, too shiny or too dewy. But this is perfection. People actually compliments how nice my skin looks when I wear it. It is bloody expensive, but definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

SmokeyEyes / vibrantblue: where did ye buy the hourglass ambient lighting powders? Was it online? Curious about these myself. Can you let me know how you get on with the diffused light when you try it SmokeyEyes? Thanks

SmokeyEyes / vibrantblue: where did ye buy the hourglass ambient lighting powders? Was it online? Curious about these myself. Can you let me know how you get on with the diffused light when you try it SmokeyEyes? Thanks

I got mine from Space NK in Belfast when I was there. But I know that they are available in Space NK in Dundrum Shopping Centre, that is inside Harvey Nichols.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I was lazy and ordered from Space NK online, can't wait to try it but of course it's a gamble ordering one online, I did a lot of research beforehand but to be honest I want to try them all!!

Vibrant Blue the lavender one looks lovely I wanted that one too it was really hard to decide which one!!

Will let you know how I get on with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Just wondering has anyone here tried Ellis Faas make up? Her stuff looks amazing - unusual colours and cool packaging - but it's pricey enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I have the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light. I love it, it makes my skin really glow. I really want to try out another but they're so expensive! Diffused Light is the one I am interested in.. Might hold out for Christmas before I treat myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Finally got my hands on Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, and holy moly. Now I understand why it's such a cult product. And so cheap!

lasting-perf-concealer-lrg.jpg

Also picked up one of Bourjois' new offerings, Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick in the shade Peach on the Beach.

bourjois-color-boost-glossy-finish-lipstick-peach-on-the-beach-04-p6584-21074_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

hey ladies I used to be terrible for buying random beauty products that I read reviews of online etc always wanted to try them out myself but had kind of stopped that for a while as I was away travelling for a while and had to save my pennys etc.

I just read this thread for the first time the other day and I have been so bad since have gone to boots yesterday and today and picked up lots of bits :D

based on the recommendations here I've picked up the real techniques expert face brush, the stippling brush and while I was at it I decided to get the setting brush :) Got the new rimmel mascara, got the collection 2000 concealer and seriously considering splashing out on the estee lauder night repair serum.

And then I got a few more items while I was there... rimmel nude pink lipstick, a rimmel vinyl lip gloss, light pink rimmel nail polish, maybeline baby lips spf lip balm the list goes on... I may have to ban myself from reading any more :)

Advertisement