Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE draft 2011 - Raw thread *Spoilers*

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hope that doesnt happen , but would'nt be suprised

Yeah, I've a sinking feeling that Christian won't be getting a World Title run unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

If they unify the WWE and WHC titles, I'd still like them to use my long-held piece of smarkery....

Have either the WWE or WH Champion enter the Royal Rumble (preferably a heel who takes out the guy known to hold the entry for the final place), win it and challenge the other champion for a unification match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

so Long Island Iced Z stays on Superstars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Would love to see the WWE and WHC titles unified and the same with the IC and US titles. Have said so for a long time too :D

Regarding the draft, I think they make a mockery of the thing by doing stuff like switching Cena to Smackdown then back to Raw two hours later. I mean, what's the point in that? They always seem to screw around with things like that and not actually follow through. If Cena was due to stay on Raw they should have just not have him be picked at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

well raw officially

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Technically he is on the Raw roster, it's just he only gets airtime on superstars. Hopefully this will change despite his lack of movement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

So for anyone who wants to know in one handy place - here is the full list of drafts - both from raw and the supplemental draft:

1. John Cena to SmackDown
    2. Rey Mysterio to Raw
    3. Randy Orton to SmackDown
    4. Mark Henry to SmackDown
    5. Sin Cara to SmackDown
    6. Big Show to Raw
    7. Alberto Del Rio to Raw
    8. John Cena to Raw
    9. Daniel Bryan to SmackDown
    10. Jack Swagger to Raw
    11. The Great Khali to SmackDown
    12. Jimmy Uso to SmackDown
    13. Kelly Kelly to Raw
    14. JTG to Raw
    15. Alicia Fox to SmackDown
    16. William Regal to SmackDown
    17. Yoshi Tatsu to SmackDown
    18. Drew McIntyre to Raw
    19. Natalya to SmackDown
    20. Curt Hawkins to Raw
    21. Chris Masters to Raw
    22. Jey Uso to SmackDown
    23. Kofi Kingston to Raw
    24. Ted DiBiase to SmackDown
    25. Tyson Kidd to SmackDown
    26. Tamina to SmackDown
    27. Tyler Reks to Raw
    28. Alex Riley to SmackDown
    29. Beth Phoenix to Raw
    30. Sheamus to SmackDown

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Raw

Rey Mysterio
    Alberto Del Rio
    Big Show
    Jack Swagger
    Kelly Kelly
    JTG
    Curt Hawkins
    Chris Masters
    Drew McIntyre
    Kofi Kingston
    Beth Phoenix
    Tyler Reks

Smackdown

Randy Orton
    Sin Cara
    Mark Henry
    Daniel Bryan
    The Great Khali & Ranjin Singh
    Jimmy Uso
    Alicia Fox
    William Regal
    Yoshi Tatsu
    Natalya
    Ted DiBiase
    Tyson Kidd
    Jey Uso
    Tamina
    Alex Riley
    Sheamus

(Cena drafted to SD and then to Raw)

Thought this part of the Creative Recall blog was pretty on the money.
    I received this text from a friend of mine who occasionally watches wrestling: WWE is completely out of ideas. the fact that Michael Cole and Jim Ross is a story and that they even give any of their announcers on camera time is officially amateur to me and a real sign of disrespect for your fan base and a slap in the face of any fan with a hint of intelligence. it is an insult to the wrestler who train, travel, lift weights, rehearse and suffer major body pains and injuries. an insult to their craft as an athletic entertainer. it is just unwatchable. it not only jumped the shark but is now in the water licking the balls of the shark.
    http://creativerecall.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/raw-recall-2011-wwe-draft/

Full blog about the draft at that URL.

Maybe but he can be a believable main eventer and given the WHC placement on a usual PPV card he may not be main eventing. He could fit a temporary need as a heel main eventer on SD and could go up a against Christian after Del Rio is gone and before a new heel emrges, wether that is through being built up (McIntyre for example) or a heel turn (Orton for example, though i'd doubt it at this point... he will be SD's main face) or someone who comes via the suplemental draft maybe and is then built up.

Nobody cares about Mark Henry. He's been there since 1996, nobody ever will care about him. He is a big, useless, charisma free goon. Far better if R-Truth was given that role and transferred to Smackdown as the lead heel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Nobody cares about Mark Henry. He's been there since 1996, nobody ever will care about him. He is a big, useless, charisma free goon.

He was quite over as ECW Champion and when initially drafted to Raw he was over as well. I'm not a massive fan but to say that he has never received any reaction is complete rubbish.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    He was quite over as ECW Champion and when initially drafted to Raw he was over as well. I'm not a massive fan but to say that he has never received any reaction is complete rubbish.

I stand by it. He's never drawn any level of heat to warrant consistent pushes over such a long period of time.

There would basically have to be the greatest change in booking history to transform Mark Henry into a genuine top level heel. It hasn't happened despite some mega pushes including a match against The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Obviously I can never say never, but I'd be extremely surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone remember the Stinker Henry had with Angle at the Rumble a few years back.If i'm not mistaken but didn't Henry take on Taker then at Mania that year.In between that Angle & Taker had a superb match at No Way Out,that should of happened at Mania instead of that useless Casket match.Always hated Henry he's been in Wwe for 15 years & has always been useless.As Power Slam said a few years ago 12 years would of been a generous amount of time given to train Henry how to Wrestle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Nobody cares about Mark Henry. He's been there since 1996, nobody ever will care about him. He is a big, useless, charisma free goon. Far better if R-Truth was given that role and transferred to Smackdown as the lead heel.

Henry will only every be the temporary (very short term) main heel if he is even that. SD has some decent big heels especially when you consider it's the 2nd brand, the only real problem being that in the short term they will be in the mid card. I am of course speaking about Sheamus & Wade Barett.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Immediate post-draft interview with Mark Henry turns awkward.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

My thoughts on Mark Henry :

The laziest/best paid/least to offer wrestler in WWE gets no compassion from me. I stopped caring about him the day he finished his feud with D'lo over a decade ago.

He's like the Vince Russo of WWE - How he's managed to keep a job despite his track record is beyond me.

I'm sure he's a nice guy or whatever but from interviews he sounds like a kayfabing idiot who's a massive deluded mark for himself. Hopefully his weight loss is the start of something better but I could quickly rattle off a dozen wrestlers who are half the weight, twice as talented and a quarter of the cost.

Steak and stripclubs tongue.gif

I wonder is Rey and even Kofi perhaps coming to Raw a sign of a heel turn for Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

jaykhunter wrote: »

Immediate post-draft interview with Mark Henry turns awkward.

I think his brother had a stroke this year, not sure how is he these days, so with that trauma, I couldn't blame the guy if he turned to comfort eating and his fitness was the least of his concerns.

Anyways back to Mark, he was booked perfectly on ECW and he was certainly over as hell when he was first drafted to Raw. They never done anything with him and he jobbed constantly, but he won't be the first guy they wasted.

Oh and the last 30 seconds of this..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9uypm_raw-13-07-09-chris-jericho-vs-mark_sport

Never over..:pac:

John Morrison would kill for those pops.

For the record, I didn't actually say he had never been over. I said, "Nobody cares about Mark Henry. He's been there since 1996, nobody ever will care about him."

I was saying that at this stage, with everything that has been done in the past with Mark Henry, he is unlikely to make a breakthrough. They'd be better putting their efforts into other guys who have not had the full weight of a top push.

R-Truth is an example of somebody who has suddenly got momentum, they need to use it. Why waste a push on a guy who has a history of flopping as both face and heel?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lots of changes - hopefully wwe have some sort of plan for some of the lower card names.

Glad with some of the guys Smackdown have drafted. Bryan should do well I hope.

I hoped Drew would stay on Smackdown but I guess they want to keep himself and Sheamus apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    He's like the Vince Russo of WWE - How he's managed to keep a job despite his track record is beyond me.

I'd say Vince just loves his look.

When he signed in 1996, it was a 10 year contract for a cool 10 million dollars, I guess WWE didn't want to buy him out as it would have cost too much. He took a massive pay-cut when he signed his new contract in 2006, from 1 million a year down to 300,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

truth-o.gif

"Bitch don't make me come over there."

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Thought this part of the Creative Recall blog was pretty on the money.

[I received this text from a friend of mine who occasionally watches wrestling: WWE is completely out of ideas. the fact that Michael Cole and Jim Ross is a story and that they even give any of their announcers on camera time is officially amateur to me and a real sign of disrespect for your fan base and a slap in the face of any fan with a hint of intelligence. it is an insult to the wrestler who train, travel, lift weights, rehearse and suffer major body pains and injuries. an insult to their craft as an athletic entertainer. it is just unwatchable. it not only jumped the shark but is now in the water licking the balls of the shark.]

http://creativerecall.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/raw-recall-2011-wwe-draft/

Full blog about the draft at that URL.

Oh I disagree. They're characters just as much as the rasslers. At this point I've lost any interest in the Cole/Lawler fued, think it should have ended at Mania and could have been done better but announcers can be used effectively in storytelling. Hopefully Novak's baiting of Regal on NXT will go somewhere.

If anything, Cole should be fueding with Eve Torres right now.

Tsk tsk at the anonymous friend pulling the if-you-don't-think-as-I-do-you're-stupid card. Yes, that's a thing. Shut up.

Ridley wrote: »
    Tsk tsk at the anonymous friend pulling the if-you-don't-think-as-I-do-you're-stupid card. Yes, that's a thing. Shut up.

That's not really what he is saying.

Anyway, there is zero money to be made from extending the Cole-Lawler feud after Wrestlemania. Whatever about giving them a very, very short match at WM, it has jumped the shark now.

IMO the best option to end the Cole/Lawler feud now would have Swagger turn on Cole thus turning face in the process

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

raw is very heel heavy now i'm surprised rey and drew were drafted to raw

cena draft was pointless

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

raw is very heel heavy now i'm surprised rey and drew were drafted to raw

cena draft was pointless

RAW isn't that badly off - plenty of faces
    Cena
    Big Show
    Mysterio
    Evan Bourne
    Jo Mo
    Kofi
    Not forgetting HHH and the biggesty of them all, Masters.

Advertisement