Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE draft 2011 - Raw thread *Spoilers*

Options
  • 08-02-2011 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,403 ✭✭✭✭

I'm assuming there is another draft this year after Wrestlmania

Who do you think is moving?

I'm thinking John Morrison, Sheamus and Bryan might end up on SD and maybe Del Rio (if he isnt champion after WM of course), Ziggler or Swagger and Drew to Raw

I cant see Cena going to SD but maybe Orton

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given Del Rio and Ziggler are practically on every Raw anyway, that seems to be a good indicator they will be moved :/

Sheamus to Smackdown would make sense to give him new feuds (Edge, Rey, Sheamus); God knows he's fought everyone on Raw...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,403 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Given Del Rio and Ziggler are practically on every Raw anyway, that seems to be a good indicator they will be moved :/

Sheamus to Smackdown would make sense to give him new feuds (Edge, Rey, Sheamus); God knows he's fought everyone on Raw...

Taker V Sheamus would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Kinda pointless discussing this so early as I'm 100% sure that no one in WWE has the first clue what they would like to do in the draft.

I would like to see Sheamus and Orton to SD with Swagger and Big Show to Raw.

In reality we are likely to see Goldust and Tyson Kidd to SD with Del Rio and Ziggler to Raw!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I can see the Celtic connection (Sheamus & McIntyre) on the same brand, most likely SD as Sheamus could also be a fresh main eventer there and a feud with Taker would be good for him before taker is gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Del Rio and Ziggler look possibilities for a move to Raw. I guess it depends on if Del Rio is the WHC. Ziggler would need Vickie though to help him stand out on Raw. I'd actually rather he stayed on Smackdown as a main eventer.

Smackdown could be very good for Sheamus and Morrison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

I suppose even if Del rio is the whc he can still move to raw as it wouldnt be the first time they swaped champions over shows. Although they probably like having the wwe championship on raw as it more important show in vinces eyes.

Celtic connection is an interesting idea, wouldnt mind seeing that.

Might be a good idea to move ted to sd because he is been jobbed out on raw.

I would agree with keeping ziggler on sd main eventer because they probably wouldnt replace him with the same level of star.

WWE title and Cena (who lets face it, will be WWE champion soon) will be staying on Raw, so there will be no Del Rio on Raw if he is the WHC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i think sheamus to smackdown will happen and could be good for me as he has been buried on raw lately

When is the draft? I thought it might be next week

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/arti...in-june-128101

WWE will be holding two, three-hour Raw shows in consecutive weeks this coming June.

On June 13th in Long Island, New York and the following week, June 20th, in Baltimore, Maryland, both Raw television shows will be three hours in length.

Guessing one will be the draft.

I'd imagine they'll need to send a top face to SD to replace Edge and Morrison makes sense there.

I can see Sheamus and Barrett doing a switch with the titles. I can also see Del Rio being drafted over as well, given he's on Raw a lot, but that would mean he wouldn't win at ER, I guess....unless they switch Miz as well....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Smackdown is going to have to get some great talent. I can see Sheamus, Bryan and Punk heading to the blue brand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

via press release:

THE 2011 WWE® DRAFT TAKES OVER MONDAY NIGHT RAW,
    MONDAY, APRIL 25 AT 9/8c

The entire roster of WWE Superstars and Divas will take part in the 2011 WWE Draft next week,
    April 25, on MONDAY NIGHT RAW live on USA Network at 9/8c.

In a thrilling night of television, all WWE Superstars and Divas, including WWE Champion The Miz, John Cena, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Alberto Del Rio and SinCara along with WWE Divas Champion Brie Bella, Eve and Kelly Kelly could be drafted to either RAW or SmackDown.

After Monday Night's momentous draft, John Cena could be on "Friday Night Smackdown," which airs each week on Syfy at 8/7c and Rey Mysterio could be coming to MONDAY NIGHT RAW.

The Annual WWE Draft is a chance to renew old rivalries or have WWE Superstars face off against each other for the very first time, bringing a new and fresh feel to each show.

For more details on the WWE Draft, log onto www.wwe.com.

Yeay! Awesome. Thats after ER, right? So I'm hoping Christian wins the title, leaving Del Rio free to move to Raw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Yeay! Awesome. Thats after ER, right? So I'm hoping Christian wins the title, leaving Del Rio free to move to Raw :D

It's the monday before Extreme Rules!
    Del Rio to Raw, Miz to Smackdown - lose the title to Cena at ER and start a feud with Christian for the World Title!!

Also, Daniel Bryan, Sin Cara, Santino & Ted DiBiase to SD!!
    Big Show, Drew McIntyre, Jack Swagger & Layla to Raw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

God points but I would favour Daniel Bryan over Sheamus to move.

Layla would mean a pretty quick blown off on the Laycool thing.

The draft also means cuts are very near too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

As noted in a press release earlier today, WWE will be holding the Draft next Monday (April 25) in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Wrestling Observer reports that the show was changed to take place in June earlier this year, but they made the sudden change to next week in what was described as "panic mode." John Cena has been announced for the Smackdown taping the night after the Draft in Greensboro, which may or may not indicate plans for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

no way can cena be on sd

It's the monday before Extreme Rules!
    Del Rio to Raw, Miz to Smackdown - lose the title to Cena at ER and start a feud with Christian for the World Title!!

I cant see Vince letting Miz and Cena move to SD

Hopefully Morrison, Sheamus and Bryan to SD

They could switch Miz and Del Rio, either with or without the belts, to provide new, long term feuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I cant see Vince letting Miz and Cena move to SD

Hopefully Morrison, Sheamus and Bryan to SD

I didn't mean Cena to SD, I meant he wins the WWE Title at ER to keep it on Raw!

• Advertisement

I didn't mean Cena to SD, I meant he wins the WWE Title at ER to keep it on Raw!

Yes Vince will keep the WWE title on Raw

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes Vince will keep the WWE title on Raw

They've double switched them before (twice i think.....) but RAW will be ok, Cena's the only safe bet for not getting drafted lol. They could move Miz to SD and ADR to RAW.....actually, I'm gonna say that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Sheamus (US Champ) to SD
    Ezekiel Jackson to Raw

Kane to Raw
    Randy Orton to SD

Sin Cara to SD
    Jack Swagger to Raw

Laycool to Raw
    Melina to SD

Kofi Kingston to Raw
    Ted Dibiase & Skip Sheffield to SD

Hornswaggle to Raw
    Zack Ryder to SD

----

Orton is the biggest name i can imagine moving in an attempt to replace edge / shake things up. He is also someone the WWE title scene does not need and yet someone who you wouldent expect to drop down the card. HHH, Cena, Undertaker etc are confortable in their roles (and might not even be on the show).

I dont expect the titles to switch so I havent predicted Miz or Del Rio to swap brands. These two are only just reaching a decent level and I dont think a fresh start would help either of them. With Sin Cara getting a rep for botches supposidly the taped smackdown with Rey and Del Rio (and Chavo etc) might be a good place for him.

Sheamus has been doing a bit better with the US title but he still lacks direction and ive no idea what his next feud will be so a trade seems a possibility also in the long term he would certainly freshen up the SD main event (and maybe tag division with McIntyre) after playing a part in the mid card with his US title. The title switch with a week of TV before the PPV could be interesting as could be his interaction with friends IC champ Wade Barett & drew McIntyre. Maybe on Raw Bryan could have one last shot to keep the title on Raw, but fail because ultimatley they could switch the IC belt to Raw.

If Kofi was to be drafted to Raw he could be one of those in a position to benefit from a push up the card as new stars need to be made and maybe he could do it by bringing the IC title with him afterall Wade and him never got a 1on1 PPV match, hell if Big Zeke was Raw bound maybe he would screw him on his way there. Have Zeke go over Big Show in their teased 1on1 match and have it early at ER, then later with The Corre banned from ringside he could come down seemingly to help Barett but instead he takes him out and doesent getit DQ'd by announcing that since he is drafted to Raw the Corre is no more.

Swagger, Laycool (probably not considering Taker actually but...) the idea I guess is keep em with Cole and soon imo he will be off the announce team and maybe the GM

Skip could maybe replace Zeke and keep the Corre alive, he would make more sense than Zeke afterall being an original part of the Core of Nexus.

The rest are whatever (Hornswaggle) freshing up (Ted) and an attempt to get Ryder more airtime on the smaller roster of SD

o and I guess Kane is just there to even up the numbers, keep him away from Taker and I guess Big Show is there on SD anyway as the big monster if needed.

Orton looks a good bet to move to SD alright. Would be better for him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,919 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so are Triple H and Undertaker included in the draft.

I can see R truth, Randy Orton, The Miz and Melina going to SmackDown.

Kane, Big Show,Alberto Del Rio and Beth Phoenix to Raw.

With Edge gone from a smackdown they have to draft at least 2 o 3 big stars to keep people intrested in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

We just got off a call with WWE in stamford, all normal routine blah de blah work stuff - but then they said this:

WWE Draft is due to happen this Monday. There will be lots of changes this time around.

Looks like we are in for one hell of a shake up this year! Hopefully they will try build smackdown up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

DeBiase Jr needs a the move or else he will be future endevoured i think. Putting him with Maryse was a mistake and never worked out. If he wasn't the son of Ted DeBiase Sr he would already be future endevoured imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Cena to smackdown.
    I put my hat on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CMpunked wrote: »
    Cena to smackdown.
    I put my hat on it!

Apparently Del Rio is headed to Raw with the World Championship for a run with Cena.Miz is said to be headed to Smackdown with the WWE Title.This is just a rumour though.

• Advertisement

Miz v Christian would be cool for the WWE title. Though I think they'll move Randall to Smackdown to be the new lead face.

I wish they had turned Edge into a successful face earlier in his career.

Advertisement