Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE draft 2011 - Raw thread *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Quite enjoyed watching RAW live......until that last pick. Christ. The cynic was like "he still won't miss an hour of RAW, being fired didn't stop him" but wow, he couldn't even last the night.

I'm glad Orton is off my show and Sin Cara gets to retake his entrance if necessary. The ending really left a sour taste in my mouth as I was banging on about it all RAW :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Does Del Rio going make Mark Henry the top heel on Smackdown? Because that's a horrible thought. They need to get Sheamus or Punk over there quickly or start pushing Swagger. Christian is all but guaranteed to win the title now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea since Christian will win the WHC , hopefully they dont go down a feud with Orton where Orton beats him at the next PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Del Rio going make Mark Henry the top heel on Smackdown? Because that's a horrible thought. They need to get Sheamus or Punk over there quickly or start pushing Swagger. Christian is all but guaranteed to win the title now.

Rhodes is brillant as a heel on SD hope he stays there and is given a world title push - Orton works better as a heel imo

I would love to see a Punk/Christian feud

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Yea since Christian will win the WHC , hopefully they dont go down a feud with Orton where Orton beats him at the next PPV

i wouldnt be suprised if he gets beaten by orton at the first smackdown taping after extreme rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

Not exactly happy about the draft but if they have the main event scene of Cody/Orton/Christian on Smackdown for the forseeable future then things might get interesting again. Plus with a revitalised Jack Swagger in the mix there really is some potential for Smackdown there. Until next year that is when Raw eventually pillages them of at least 2 of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Time for Mark Henry's annual failed push!

I knew Cena would be back on Raw pretty quickly. Plus when they kept putting up the drafted guys on the Draft graphic, I kinda guessed one might get drafted twice. No way would Cena leave Raw and there is no way Orton and Cena can stay on the same show.

Overall I thought the draft was OK. Interesting to see the supplemental draft. It's at 12:00 p.m. EST on WWE's website.

Raw was OK overall. Not great but alright. At least Punk will get a new feud now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The whole idea of having matches to decide draft picks is ridiculous. At least Mark Henry's actions made sense.. why would he win a match if it will result in added competition for him? It looks like he may be lined up for a shot at Christian's title. A Rhodes/Orton feud has plenty of potential.

Raw has been left very heel heavy with Punk, del Rio, Miz, Sheamus, R-Truth and Dolph all now competing to job to Cena. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sheamus or Dolph moved in the supplemental draft.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    At least Mark Henry's actions made sense.. why would he win a match if it will result in added competition for him?

I thought this when the Smackdown guys were cheering when they got Orton and Cena; why would that make them happy? Two new big names at the top of the card makes their job harder, since it means less chance to get up the card. I GUESS it could be argued they have better competition or that bigger names means their show becomes better meaning they get more money...

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rhodes is brillant as a heel on SD hope he stays there and is given a world title push - Orton works better as a heel imo

He's good but I don't think he's a main event heel at the moment.

• Advertisement

Kane and Big Show as tag champs can still be on both shows yes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Time for Mark Henry's annual failed push!

Maybe but he can be a believable main eventer and given the WHC placement on a usual PPV card he may not be main eventing. He could fit a temporary need as a heel main eventer on SD and could go up a against Christian after Del Rio is gone and before a new heel emrges, wether that is through being built up (McIntyre for example) or a heel turn (Orton for example, though i'd doubt it at this point... he will be SD's main face) or someone who comes via the suplemental draft maybe and is then built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Balasubbie

Wasn't last night an inversion of last year's draft? Where Smackdown was left with virtually zero in the way of top faces?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Daniel Bryan to SmackDown is the 1st pick of the Supplemental draft

• Registered Users Posts: 38,151 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

jesus that wwe live chat thing is terrible none of my comments are appearing lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Daniel Bryan to SmackDown is the 1st pick of the Supplemental draft

Not surprised, and delighted for him. SD might be a better place for him, and it's probably going to motivate me to watch the Friday night show now...

Jack Swagger goes to Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Jack Swagger goes to Raw

again no surprise, a widely predicted draft. Bryan to smackdown is an exciting one in my opinion

Smackdown should do wonders for Bryan.

would like a bryan cody or a bryan kofi feud.

on a side note What does this mean for Gail kim she's had no tv recently that hasn't been bryan related or are they going to let her and kong tear the house down again

• Advertisement

Khali and Singh back to SmackDown

A decent feud with Barrett for the IC title would be great for both Bryan and Wade

earth changing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Delighted Danielson is gone to SD! now if only Cole would stop announcing there!

Jimmy Uso to SmackDown..........................

Jimmy Uso to SD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

jmolloy wrote: »
    would like a bryan cody

There you go!

bcody2_201646t.jpg

Kelly kelly to raw

smackdown will probably get eve in return

• Advertisement