Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA (2011)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Even above Gary Barlow? Eh what about Louis? He should be the head judge no question. He was judging talent shows before Cheryl was even famous! Cheryl's a crap judge, and it really came to light last year, especially when even her girls confirmed that she spent the least amount of time with them out of all the judges. Louis spent more time with her girls than she did ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I don't think any of this matters and unless the great Wagner returns there will be no reason to watch X Factor ever again

Gary Barlow is a good decision for a judge in terms of the experience, real life experience, he has had following the highs and lows of his lengthy career

Louis Walsh is self explanatory and has worked in the business for most of his adult life, probably all of it, and knows exactly what he is talking about

Cheryl is a 27 year old woman who was managed successfully after winning a talent competition. Many people will just see her as some kind of eye candy and they really need a strong fourth judge to make this panel succeed if they have any hope of continuing the UK version of the show long term. It might be successful and well watched, but let's be honest, is there ever really anything else on at the same time?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't think any of this matters and unless the great Wagner returns there will be no reason to watch X Factor ever again
    Are you suggesting that Wagner should be a judge? :rolleyes:

...wait, oh my God, that would be brilliant!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Like you, I don't trust that man but I really would be surprised if Cheryl would allow herself to be used as a pawn in such a manner!!

I have absolutely no doubt it was all a publicity stunt - but possibly not one that Cole was in on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

So apparently Cheryl is back on the US X Factor

It smells like it has all been staged ...

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/cheryl-cole-to-return-to-x-factor-usa/

Cheryl Cole has reportedly been asked to return to the X Factor America judging panel.

The ‘Promise This’ hitmaker was thought to have been sacked from the new Fox show by Simon Cowell last month, however insiders claim she may be back in her seat as soon as next Wednesday, at New Jersey auditions, after the US TV network had a change of heart.
    It is claimed that Cheryl is now planning to return to The States and reclaim her job, which was supposedly offered to Nicole Scherzinger, after Cowell managed to persuade Fox bosses to give her another chance.

An insider told The News Of The World: “This is the biggest surprise of the lot – Cheryl is back. Who could possibly have predicted this – it appeared that Simon had dumped Cheryl for good?

“But behind the scenes Simon has been wooing Cheryl.
    “And key executives at Fox all realised they had made a big mistake. They have been watching the tapes of her at the American auditions and realising that she could be a huge star over there.”
    We are particularly sceptical about this story and if proves to be true, and Cheryl does return, then it would seem there are no depths to which Simon Cowell would not sink if it meant extra publicity for one of his shows.

The whole thing is very reminiscent of the Louis Walsh sacking scandal of 2008. The Irish star was axed from The X Factor, replaced by American choreographer Brian Friedman and then dramatically rehired. Of course very few people believed that Louis had ever left the team then and it would seem that now, Simon is just resorting to old tricks, in a bid to whip up some headlines and keep his show in the public eye.
    We’re bored of it already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,088 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s141/the-x-factor-us/news/a323448/nicole-scherzinger-to-replace-cheryl-cole-on-x-factor-usa.html

Nicole Scherzinger has been officially confirmed as Cheryl Cole's replacement on the judging panel of The X Factor USA.

The Pussycat Dolls star has long been in the frame to take over Cole's position and her appointment has been confirmed today by Fox, Fremantlemedia North America and Syco TV.

"Nicole Scherzinger will be replacing Cheryl Cole on the judging panel of The X Factor," a statement read.

"Nicole will join Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid and Paula Abdul on their search across America to find the next global superstar or group to win the life-changing $5 million dollar recording deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Yeah, Cheryl isn't back after all.

Hard to know what's going on with this show, Cheryl's probably better off out of it.

I'm still amazed that they hired Steve Jones rather than Dermot O'Leary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

SkidMark wrote: »
    Yeah, Cheryl isn't back after all.

Hard to know what's going on with this show, Cheryl's probably better off out of it.

I'm still amazed that they hired Steve Jones rather than Dermot O'Leary

It's his looks, he has the perfect look Americans want. Dermot is a bit too rough around the edges lookswise for them probably.

Simon Cowell has axed another of his favourite girls from the show... Sinitta.
    Simon Cowell, who’s now working on the American version of the hit programme, has decided to drop his ex-girlfriend as his helper this year.
    Instead he is set to hire pop diva Mariah Carey, 41, to assist him in choosing his acts for the finals of The X Factor USA.
    His decision has come like a bolt out of the blue for poor Sinitta.
    She’s had that role on the UK show for the last seven years and was hoping he would enlist her services for the US series.
    But Sinitta, 42, is determined to fight the move.
    She said: “Well, let’s just say feathers will fly if Mariah takes my spot.
    “Although she is a mega diva vocally, you can expect another XF USA drama. I won’t just roll over and take it. I hope she can run in high heels.”
    Cowell will be jetting to a stately mansion in the UK for the “judges’ homes” stage of the competition on The X Factor USA this summer.
    And it’s here where sassy songbird Mariah will join him to choose the best acts from his category.
    Meanwhile, Sinitta hasn’t been idle while Cowell has been in the States.
    She has relaunched her own search for a star on her website called attinis.com.
    The So Macho chart star said: “Mine is more than a singing contest. It’s going to be mega.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/xfactor/view/199132/Simon-Cowell-s-X-Factor-snub-for-Sinitta-/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement

Lol...brilliant. "I even care about the environment" :D

Is it being broadcast over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Lol...brilliant. "I even care about the environment" :D

Is it being broadcast over here?

TV3 have it, not sure what kind of delay there will be though, weeks/months?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

murphym7 wrote: »
    TV3 have it, not sure what kind of delay there will be though, weeks/months?

Yeah just seen an advert for both X Factor's on TV3 coming soon. Anyone know what days it is broadcast in America? I'm sure TV3 will show it Thurs & Fri as they used to do with American Idol.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Yeah just seen an advert for both X Factor's on TV3 coming soon. Anyone know what days it is broadcast in America? I'm sure TV3 will show it Thurs & Fri as they used to do with American Idol.

Oh dear...that's my Thursday, Friday, Saturday AND Sunday nights taken up for winter!

Rihanna on board as a co-mentor with LA Reid

Starts this Friday on TV3...so 3 nights in a row of X Factor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Premiered in the US last night - the talent on this blows the UK X Factor out of the water!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

It's on ITV 2 right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

catching this on ITV2+1 now, i thought it would be awful fillers and cheese, it IS!

BUT,

FOR THIS JAW DROPPER ALONE:

TV, GOLD! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Haven't watched the show yet, going to catch it on TV3 tonight, however I seen a small clip of Nick Voss on youtube and absolutely LOVED it! Would love to see someone like that on XF UK.

Cheryl was better. Just sayin'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

xsiborg wrote: »
    catching this on ITV2+1 now, i thought it would be awful fillers and cheese, it IS!

BUT,

FOR THIS JAW DROPPER ALONE:

TV, GOLD! :D

I see awful cheese, where's the tv gold?

Watching it now on tv3 :)

I'm surprised they opened it to 12 year olds..surely most of them "wouldn't be ready for it"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

watching it on tv3 now!! :D

Is that the 1st ep on TV3? Bah. I'm an episode ahead on ITV2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The 13 year old is good.

Whoa that 13 year old has a good voice but seems a bit too...cocky?

• Advertisement

Is that the 1st ep on TV3? Bah. I'm an episode ahead on ITV2.

Yeah I think the second episode is on after it because it's on until 12am

Advertisement