Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA (2011)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I haven't been watching this at all in weeks, I find it a bit boring. I've just kept up with what's going on here, and I always look up Josh's performances on YT <3

:eek:
    The contestants are far better in the USA version.

I look forward to USA much moreso than the UK one, no judges drama, they do get the digs in but it's not the soap opera that is the UK one. The only downside is the crap that Nicole and Paula spew, but even still it's far less infuriating than listening to Gary talk shiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I agree that the singers are far better, but I just find the song choices really boring most of the time. I also can't stand watching Steve Jones. I actually feel bad for him, he's WAY out of his depth. I was never a huge fan of his but he was a good, natural presenter on T4. This move has probably ruined his career!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rachel is suppose to have a deal with Disney for her own tv show and album

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rachel is suppose to have a deal with Disney for her own tv show and album

The next (less slutty) version of Hannah Montana so.

I agree that the singers are far better, but I just find the song choices really boring most of the time. I also can't stand watching Steve Jones. I actually feel bad for him, he's WAY out of his depth. I was never a huge fan of his but he was a good, natural presenter on T4. This move has probably ruined his career!

The songs aren't that bad, now that Lakoda Rayne are out - no more country rock!!
    Steve Jones is car crash - he's also awkwardly tall compared to all the contestants bar Josh which makes it look even worse on screen. No harm in taking him down a peg or two, he thought he was the dogs bollox in the UK...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ever notice how Steve Jones always looks like he's about to have a nervous breakdown at the end of the show? It's as if he knows he's just shovelled another piece of dirt on his big American break. He's just very awkward, it's so hard to see how he got the job when he comes out with statements that just wreck the whole vibe and leave everyone thinking "HUH?!" constantly...e.g. talking about how handsome Lenny Kravitz was at the start of the show.

I also loved how Simon was half-babysitting Rachel and half-babysitting Steve, giving him a reassuring nod saying "Don't worry...I'll talk to you this week..."

Tonight, he made an uber-dick move though by asking Nicole if she had anything to say. I know it was probably to get her to redeem herself by apologising, but she had nothing to apologise for! She was more than fair letting it go to deadlock...both acts absolutely nailed the sing-off and it only added to the drama.

Chris Rene really stepped it up this week. He's put himself in the running now and will almost definitely make up the final with Josh and Melanie. I'd actually put him as runner-up behind Josh after that performance. Genius move by LA to let him go out and sing his own track. The fact that it was acoustic, just a dude singing a song he wrote on a guitar on this massive platform, gave it a very special vibe that stands out. Delighted for him too as he's a real artist and my only previous point of contention with him was that he was perhaps too credible for X Factor. He has a real chance now, especially with Josh losing momentum slightly it seems.

The big question heading into next week, for me, is has Marcus been turned into a martyr now or is he dead in the water? Will people rally behind him now he's survived three weeks on the spin in the bottom two and can he blag a spot in the final? It'll be interesting to see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

leggo wrote: »
    Ever notice how Steve Jones always looks like he's about to have a nervous breakdown at the end of the show? It's as if he knows he's just shovelled another piece of dirt on his big American break. He's just very awkward, it's so hard to see how he got the job when he comes out with statements that just wreck the whole vibe and leave everyone thinking "HUH?!" constantly...e.g. talking about how handsome Lenny Kravitz was at the start of the show.

I also loved how Simon was half-babysitting Rachel and half-babysitting Steve, giving him a reassuring nod saying "Don't worry...I'll talk to you this week..."

Tonight, he made an uber-dick move though by asking Nicole if she had anything to say. I know it was probably to get her to redeem herself by apologising, but she had nothing to apologise for! She was more than fair letting it go to deadlock...both acts absolutely nailed the sing-off and it only added to the drama.

Chris Rene really stepped it up this week. He's put himself in the running now and will almost definitely make up the final with Josh and Melanie. I'd actually put him as runner-up behind Josh after that performance. Genius move by LA to let him go out and sing his own track. The fact that it was acoustic, just a dude singing a song he wrote on a guitar on this massive platform, gave it a very special vibe that stands out. Delighted for him too as he's a real artist and my only previous point of contention with him was that he was perhaps too credible for X Factor. He has a real chance now, especially with Josh losing momentum slightly it seems.

The big question heading into next week, for me, is has Marcus been turned into a martyr now or is he dead in the water? Will people rally behind him now he's survived three weeks on the spin in the bottom two and can he blag a spot in the final? It'll be interesting to see...

There is no way Melanie will come third I would be absolutely amazed if she didn't win it

cgpg5 wrote: »
    There is no way Melanie will come third I would be absolutely amazed if she didn't win it

Hmmm...big call. I mean, I tipped her as an outsider last week so I get where you're coming from: she has the whole 'new accent' thing as well as her newfound love of screaming upbeat messages at the judges before they rate her, which people will love. But if she won I'd find it terribly typical and anti-climactic. Yay, a Whitney Houston-type won a singing show, we haven't seen that since at least yesterday! And she won't sell records afterwards either. Deserves a spot in the final, yes, but not anything more for me. But could still do it.

Whereas with Josh you have a credible artist born with a voice to sell albums. And Chris is the finished package, artist-wise, so he'll have a strong fan base as well as now established original material that'll shift almost immediately. That's why I'd be happier with either of those.

It'll be tight for sure. I definitely wouldn't say anyone is a shoe-in though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll admit I've not been watching. But I just saw Rachel's elimination. Wow, did she give off that air of arrogance and spoiledness throughout the show? :confused: The whole "Mommy, you promised me!" bit was kind of pathetic but then thats why I wouldn't put a kid into competitions like this...

Wow Josh doing Rihanna!! I love that song and I actually didn't recognise it for ages because it just suited him so much. Really hope he wins!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I wonder will poor Steve Jones get the axe after this series

SIR!! :D

woodoo wrote: »
    I wonder will poor Steve Jones get the axe after this series

SIR!! :D

I'd say so he has been a bit of a car crash tbh however after last nights show I did feel a bit of sympathy for him, it was incredibly awkward after Rachel got knocked out and there was about 20 people on stage! Also when Nicole refused to speak to him I think she really needs to get over herself, she has been a real disappointment and I actually think she's been worse than Jones throughout the series!

I hope they put Josh's voice to good use after the show. He has a brilliant voice.

cgpg5 wrote: »
    I'd say so he has been a bit of a car crash tbh however after last nights show I did feel a bit of sympathy for him, it was incredibly awkward after Rachel got knocked out and there was about 20 people on stage! Also when Nicole refused to speak to him I think she really needs to get over herself, she has been a real disappointment and I actually think she's been worse than Jones throughout the series!

It's hard to know who's worse out of Nicole or Steve. Nicole is just cringy. Simon's "playful" digs at her are so real, I get the impression he's always embarrassed at having her on the panel. She's absolutely useless.

I haven't seen where she refuses to talk to Steve yet! Just watching it on TV3 at the mo. Will just watch the results show on Youtube so I can skip all the filler!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Chris's lyrics:

"Where do we go from here?
    Where do we go from here?
    Were do we go from here?
    God only knows.

Uh. Uh.

Where do we go from heeeeeeere?

Uh. Uh.

God only knows"

Ah I liked Chris's song, fair play to him!

The right two ended up in the sing-off, both second songs were very dull. Chris, Josh and Melanie for the final hopefully.

It's hard to know who's worse out of Nicole or Steve. Nicole is just cringy. Simon's "playful" digs at her are so real, I get the impression he's always embarrassed at having her on the panel. She's absolutely useless.

I haven't seen where she refuses to talk to Steve yet! Just watching it on TV3 at the mo. Will just watch the results show on Youtube so I can skip all the filler!

I remember when Nicole was on the English one last year briefly and people were raving about her, she's a disaster now well! I've never seen her give one insightful comment!

Yeah granted he shouldn't really have asked her to speak, she still should've been professional enough to say something. Steve actually seemed really annoyed and I wouldn't blame him! All that crying about not wanting to send either act home was ridiculous I mean come on get over yourself, twice this series (on the UK) Louis sent his own act home with minimum fuss, she couldn't even choose between two average acts that weren't even hers! Judges are paid to make a decision and show professionalism!

Ah I liked Chris's song, fair play to him!

It was fairly good, simple but good.

I know I shouldn't but I was laughing there watching all the drama :D Poor Rachel, she was way too young for the show.

When Marcus sang I thought Rachel wouldn't top him but she really is amazing, she makes it look effortless. She has a great career ahead of her I'm sure.

The end was so uncomfortable there, poor Steve!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

''Moma you promised, YOU PROMISED'' , WTF !!

• Advertisement

Thats twice now Nicole has opted out of voting. She is in the wrong job.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

God what a drama queen... Them kids shouldn't be allowed to join in the competition. They should expect there's a possibility they don't win, but no those kids are already expecting they got the 5 million contract on their hands and what's with the people blaming Nicole? It's a deadlock and it happens that girl had the lowest votes it's Americas fault for not voting her not Nicole.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll admit I've not been watching. But I just saw Rachel's elimination. Wow, did she give off that air of arrogance and spoiledness throughout the show? :confused: The whole "Mommy, you promised me!" bit was kind of pathetic but then thats why I wouldn't put a kid into competitions like this...

I did lol at her elimination you could see that when it went to deadlock she thought Marcus was going home :p I think Nicole was right saving Marcus and taking it to deadlock

Kinda surprised Simon wasnt too angry at her elimination compared to Drew's elimination the week before

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I have to admit, I found Rachel annoying in the extreme and I found her to be the weakest on the night (apart from the save me song), but I didn't think she'd be eliminated.

If Nicole is back on the panel next year, it'll be a miracle.

I did lol at her elimination you could see that when it went to deadlock she thought Marcus was going home :p I think Nicole was right saving Marcus and taking it to deadlock

Kinda surprised Simon wasnt too angry at her elimination compared to Drew's elimination the week before

She really did think she was staying when it went to deadlock! I would say she fancied her chances being up against Marcus who has been hovering near the bottom for 3 weeks now.

Simon wasn't worried because she does have a future in some teen disney show, not a 5million dollar recording contract. Drew wouldn't have had that opportunity, she comes across as a dorky introspective kid - not what tweenie shows are made about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

He probably knew she had the lowest votes, but last week Drew probably had the most votes and he also knew this, hence the different reactions,

me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just watched Rachel's elimination. Jaaaaysus that was uncomfortable to watch. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

What a little tantrum thrower Rachael turned out to be! It was actually so hard to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Imagine what her mother was telling her...You're going to win, I promise you're going to win :rolleyes:...She was soooo cocky, if you look back when they went to deadlock, she was convinced she was staying!!

Simon probably had to offer her a recording contract on the stage to stop her from freaking out!

• Advertisement

In fairness to the girl, initially I thought she was saying the same. But then I heard her say "PROMISE ME IT'S GOING TO BE ALRIGHT!" So it's possible her mother was just trying to reassure her about the whole thing.

You have to remember, this is a kid who's entire world has been thrown into a tailspin. She's gone from obscurity and possible poverty, to being on national TV every week having her head filled with how she's going to be a big star for weeks, even months, and then she has it all taken away from her in a second.

If she was older, yeah fair enough, she should have braced herself. But you can't have a go at the poor child for feeling like her world had just caved in. It probably felt that way at the time. She'd just gotten used to the limelight and, within 20 minutes, it appeared to be all gone. Give her a break lads.

Advertisement