Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

If I had reason to be down there I'd have no problem living there for that rent (assuming the landlords left me alone and I wouldn't have to meet them every day).

I wonder what the four missing pictures were though?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,887 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What was the rent?

Can't remember exactly. I think about €100 per wk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

https://www.daft.ie/11478235

Cute enough little place, but that kitchen though - looks like it was shoved i to the corner as an afterthought. No fridge either.

And the price history indicates they havent a clue on its value - gone from 515k to 350k in 3 months, and is still overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

inforfun wrote: »
    The text under the pictures make me want to punch that advertiser very hard in de nose.

fc5a127ca341b20c4e46adf037221028.png

This picture reminds me of my daughter's doll house... though the doll house would be slightly more roomy obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

retalivity wrote: »

Cute enough little place, but that kitchen though - looks like it was shoved i to the corner as an afterthought. No fridge either.

And the price history indicates they havent a clue on its value - gone from 515k to 350k in 3 months, and is still overpriced.

I think the fridge is beside the washing machine and fronted with the same panelling. Why did they show a pic of only one bedroom though? And none of the bathroom!

I think the fridge is beside the washing machine and fronted with the same panelling. Why did they show a pic of only one bedroom though? And none of the bathroom!

Pretty certain. That's where the sink is? So couldn't possibly fit a fridge there!

Crazy price though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

They wanted 515k when they first listed it hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/studio-apartments-for-rent/harolds-cross/harolds-cross-road-harolds-cross-dublin-1775138/
    Looks tiny- you could sit in front of the fire watching tv whilst doing your dishes.
    Pets allowed as well, but where would they fit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

TresGats wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/studio-apartments-for-rent/harolds-cross/harolds-cross-road-harolds-cross-dublin-1775138/
    Looks tiny- you could sit in front of the fire watching tv whilst doing your dishes.
    Pets allowed as well, but where would they fit?
    I assume the photographer is standing on the bed to take that photo.

Or on the toilet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Good thing i never liked working long hours in a garden...

4b4def60c88fe1e836ad6152ae29277f.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

Or on the toilet.

Or outside the window sticking the camera in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,817 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

2 bedrooms, 2 chairs, no table. You can do amazing things in very small spaces, they have not achieved that here, it looks like it would be horrible to live in.

And as others have mentioned, there are only 4 rooms in the house, to put 12 pictures in the ad and still miss out on 50% of those rooms is pathetic from the estate agents.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

inforfun wrote: »
    Good thing i never liked working long hours in a garden...

4b4def60c88fe1e836ad6152ae29277f.png

That's apparently also the dining room, because there doesn't appear to be any other place to sit and eat there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Toots wrote: »
    That's apparently also the dining room, because there doesn't appear to be any other place to sit and eat there.

Handy if you are having soup when it is raining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

I'll give them €50k for it. Dead serious. Serious offer. €50k cold hard cash and that's my final and only offer. Dead serous that's what it's worth and I'll happily give them €50k for it. If you're reading owner you know where go find me. That's an actually real life offer right and not loony dream land money like you think you're gonna get. 50k now and that will do you. You'll be happy with that 50k and off you go. I'll have the keys for 50 thanks and goodbye. Don't let the door smack your bottom on the way out. You've my 50k and I've that property. It's a good deal for both of us. Hit me up here and we do business.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'll give them €50k for it. Dead serious. Serious offer. €50k cold hard cash and that's my final and only offer. Dead serous that's what it's worth and I'll happily give them €50k for it. If you're reading owner you know where go find me. That's an actually real life offer right and not loony dream land money like you think you're gonna get. 50k now and that will do you. You'll be happy with that 50k and off you go. I'll have the keys for 50 thanks and goodbye. Don't let the door smack your bottom on the way out. You've my 50k and I've that property. It's a good deal for both of us. Hit me up here and we do business.

Wooohooooooooo. Look at you swanning around here flaunting your 50 grand. :D

Seriously though, unless I was very very very stuck (as in homeless), I wouldn't fancy living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjN-7CI-L_WAhWlPZoKHZLhDR0QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gramunion.com%2Ffluorescent-mood-lighting.tumblr.com%2F156605140729&psig=AFQjCNHfN9SfwnAIy2wTs7S8tAVMZx5rWQ&ust=1506415180341238

:pac:

Stay off the Drugs man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

You better show some gratitude that you can buy yourself an entrance ticket into one of Dublins poshest corners for 350k only for this glorified shed! :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

After doing some digging, looks like their initial pricing was aligned to number 4, which was listed at 525k and sold for 580k. They ignored the fact that number 4 is nearly twice as big though.

Number 8 was asking 220k and achieved 304k. For a one bed. That's 25 square metres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

After doing some digging, looks like their initial pricing was aligned to number 4, which was listed at 525k and sold for 580k. They ignored the fact that number 4 is nearly twice as big though.
    Not to mention that Number 4 got one of the photographers from funda.nl and made the place look great!
    Mad money for such a small place imo. I know it suits some people down to the ground but it's not for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

A New Orleans bordello themed apartment in the heart of Ballsbridge, complete with white studded leather mirror over the bed:

BAL170081_S_09.jpg

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartments-for-sale/ballsbridge/penthouse-21-merrion-village-ballsbridge-dublin-1544144/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

^^^ oh dear god. So much white leather, tacky as fcuk. 'Tastefully designed by previous owner occupier: D4's answer to Patrick Bateman'.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

sabat wrote: »
    A New Orleans bordello themed apartment in the heart of Ballsbridge, complete with white studded leather mirror over the bed:

BAL170081_S_09.jpg

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartments-for-sale/ballsbridge/penthouse-21-merrion-village-ballsbridge-dublin-1544144/

Every jacks should have a balcony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Some of the rooms, esp the one with the black pod table, look like padded cells with all that white leather on the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

mojesius wrote: »
    ^^^ oh dear god. So much white leather, tacky as fcuk. 'Tastefully designed by previous owner occupier: D4's answer to Patrick Bateman'.
    Ensuite fully mosaic tiled with gold leaf detail, wc, wash hand basin, shower cubicle and recessed lights.

eurgh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Very very snazzy. Might suit some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

sabat wrote: »

BAL170081_S_09.jpg

Two million euros and they still couldn't buy taste!! :(:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement