Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

gizmo81 wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/studio-apartments-for-rent/harolds-cross/kimmage-road-lower-harolds-cross-dublin-1767152

€1200 for a portacabin that doesn't even meet minimum standards.

They call it a 'pod' I call it illegal.

It's gone, people should copy and paste the photos of some of these for posterity.

They probably should have done that before advertising the room :rolleyes:

And painted the walls properly. There's square patches all over the fecking walls like.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/studio-apartments-for-rent/rush/whitemorn-crescent-road-rush-dublin-1759915/

I was going to post about the plethora of garden sheds for rent all over back gardens in Dublin everywhere (spotted 8) but then I saw this"converted stable. "Phillipa" has had it for rent since July, kinda odd in a housing crisis.
    Be bloody freezing in winter with only that electric heater.
    Not suitable for couples either- probably as the legs on that bunk bed don't look the most stable...

TresGats wrote:
    I was going to post about the plethora of garden sheds for rent all over back gardens in Dublin everywhere (spotted 8) but then I saw this"converted stable. "Phillipa" has had it for rent since July, kinda odd in a housing crisis. Be bloody freezing in winter with only that electric heater. Not suitable for couples either- probably as the legs on that bunk bed don't look the most stable...

It actually looks quite cute but not worth 950.

I think its lovely :o

But not at that price. Maybe though ,a tourist might go for it, for a summer by the Irish coast :)

• Advertisement

950 in that location?

Love the '10 minute walk to bus, 25 minute walk to train, 30 minute commute to Dublin city...."

....unless you have to commute by public transport!

950 in that location?

Love the '10 minute walk to bus, 25 minute walk to train, 30 minute commute to Dublin city...."
    Below is the person who set those times. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

950 in that location?

....unless you have to commute by public transport!

Rush is so off the beaten track and if you don't live near the station it's a pain to commute. I would imagine (due to the decor) this was originally put up as an Airbnb rental, but because it's Rush....nobody was renting it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

adf799f11d5fb4474a8d507fce7e5385.png

Not the worst indeed.
    But it would still feel as if my mom had send me to the naughty corner sitting on that couch there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭conorhal

chewed wrote: »
    Rush is so off the beaten track and if you don't live near the station it's a pain to commute. I would imagine (due to the decor) this was originally put up as an Airbnb rental, but because it's Rush....nobody was renting it.

That and the fact that nobody over 12yrs old has any time for sleeping in bunk beds! Jaysus, just imagine arriving home flutered and having to face a ladder to reach your bed..

• Advertisement

conorhal wrote: »
    That and the fact that nobody over 12yrs old has any time for sleeping in bunk beds! Jaysus, just imagine arriving home flutered and having to face a ladder to reach your bed..
    That top bunk would be freezing in the winter with that skylight directly above your head, not to mention the noise when it rains!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭conorhal

That top bunk would be freezing in the winter with that skylight directly above your head, not to mention the noise when it rains!

I'd be less concerned about that, then climbing a ladder sh1tfaced, to get to my bed ...and crashing down into my 'dining room' table. Only to lay thinking, with a shattered spine, 'this is what I pay a grand a month for?'.

Just had a look at that bunkbed again.
    There is a 2 seater underneath.
    There is not a standard 2 seater in the world on which i would fit with my 6'3''.
    My legs would stick out of that bed from my knees down.

I think it is a kid sized bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

inforfun wrote: »
    Just had a look at that bunkbed again.
    There is a 2 seater underneath.
    There is not a standard 2 seater in the world on which i would fit with my 6'3''.
    My legs would stick out of that bed from my knees down.

I think it is a kid sized bed.

We have that bed here. It's a double bed from Ikea. It's very high off the ground. Anyone under 5 ft 8 or so (ie not you!) would be able to walk under it without ducking. It's more a "loft" bed and horribly high. Not one for after a few scoops! The ceiling must be pretty high there.

We have that bed here. It's a double bed from Ikea. It's very high off the ground. Anyone under 5 ft 8 or so (ie not you!) would be able to walk under it without ducking. It's more a "loft" bed and horribly high. Not one for after a few scoops! The ceiling must be pretty high there.

I dont mind the height too much, i am used to watch out for not headbutting everything and everyone everywhere.
    But i do like to fit in a bed and it just doesnt look like at least 2 meters long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

inforfun wrote: »
    I dont mind the height too much, i am used to watch out for not headbutting everything and everyone everywhere.
    But i do like to fit in a bed and it just doesnt look like at least 2 meters long.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/beds/loft-beds-bunk-beds/storå-loft-bed-frame-white-stain-art-70242086/ it is but it's still a horrid bed. I'm just waiting to convince its inhabitant in this house to get rid of it.
    You'd wallop your head off the ceiling every morning or have to crawl out of bed.

Anyhoo. Totally ot there. Sorry about that. As you were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Is that or is that not a pair of blue jocks on the bathroom floor? And possibly a nappy too? Pic 6
    https://m.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/knockaroo-cross-borris-in-ossory-laois/4051295

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Is that or is that not a pair of blue jocks on the bathroom floor? And possibly a nappy too? Pic 6
    https://m.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/knockaroo-cross-borris-in-ossory-laois/4051295

"Kitchen cum dining room"

• Registered Users Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its like a blue bag I think

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

gizmo81 wrote:
    This one is lovely but what were they doing with the oven?

Jesus christ, the kitchen must be tiny! And 1800 a month for 2 bedrooms? Christ things are getting worse.

pilly wrote: »
    Jesus christ, the kitchen must be tiny! And 1800 a month for 2 bedrooms? Christ things are getting worse.

Really? I said I think it's lovely just funny to have a oven open in front of a window on a draining board.

gizmo81 wrote:
    Really? I said I think it's lovely just funny to have a oven open in front of a window on a draining board.

So you think it's worth 1800 a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭BandMember

I wouldn't say funny, so much as a serious electrical, electrocution and fire risk with water splashing every where from the sink.... :eek:

So you think it's worth 1800 a month?

It's a two-bedroom house.
    With a huge open plan living space, a fair sized kitchen bar the odd placement of the oven.

The bathroom looks clean and maintained well.

It's in a central Dublin location.

I live in a two bed house in a central Dublin location.

Given what i know and have seen on the market, yes i believe it's worth what they are asking in the context of the current situation.

BandMember wrote: »
    I wouldn't say funny, so much as a serious electrical, electrocution and fire risk with water splashing every where from the sink.... :eek:

There seems to be plenty of space on the opposite wall where the hob is.

It doesn't make sense to me why they'd have it there.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's for cooling pies extra quick. You don't have to carry them from the oven to the windowsill - you just open the oven and they're already on the windowsill!

Also I think the kitchen is an ok size, looks like a galley kitchen but the arrangement makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

huge open plan living space.

Nah....far away!

• Advertisement

Toots wrote: »
    It's for cooling pies extra quick. You don't have to carry them from the oven to the windowsill - you just open the oven and they're already on the windowsill!

Hmmmm pies. Sign me up :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement