Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas out of season!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Well I was over at Argos this evening and they were putting out the new catalogue so I grabbed some! There are 2 pages of Christmas trees and stuff at the back! I will stick up a picture of them but it won't be for a few days 'cos I'm going away.
    God the only reason I got the catalogue was for those 2 pages! Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Thanks for telling us you'll be away.At least we wont be thinking youv'e boycotted the forum;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

One of my favourite things to do on holidays is visit an all year Christmas shop. America is great for them, there is a fantastic one in Magic Kingdom in Disney World Florida. It is done in a wonderful 'olde world' style and it never fails to get me in the mood. The's nothing like buying Christmas decorations while the sun is splitting the stones outside!

I have some fantastic decorations that I have got while on holiday, not only are they original and diverse, but they are a great reminder of wonderful holidays too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

ncmc wrote: »
    One of my favourite things to do on holidays is visit an all year Christmas shop. America is great for them, there is a fantastic one in Magic Kingdom in Disney World Florida. It is done in a wonderful 'olde world' style and it never fails to get me in the mood. The's nothing like buying Christmas decorations while the sun is splitting the stones outside!

I have some fantastic decorations that I have got while on holiday, not only are they original and diverse, but they are a great reminder of wonderful holidays too.

YES! It's great going in there, bit weird being in shorts looking at Chrimbo stuff though:pac: There's also one in Downtown Disney, love looking at all the stuff.

On another note, TV was on TV3 yesterday morning and there was a Christmas 'Joey' on, ahhhhhhh...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

flutegirl wrote: »
    On another note, TV was on TV3 yesterday morning and there was a Christmas 'Joey' on, ahhhhhhh...:)

So glad i was not the only one watching this and thinking about christmas yesterday morning flutegirl :D

• Advertisement

Not the pic of Argos but the nearest thing til I get to my laptop:

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&searchTerms=christmas+trees&authToken=

Oh the weather outside is frightful...... :D

We are on holidays in New England in the USA in a couple of weeks and one of the towns we will be visiting was the location for some of the famous Budweiser Christmas ad. I will definitely be making a detour to see this beautiful house as featured in the ad. Hmmm, wonder what the chances of snow in September are ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh wow, jealous! LOVE the Budweiser Christmas adverts!

A bit late and I'm sure everyone has already seen it but, anyway, for your viewing pleasure:

p8190174.jpg&action=rotate

p8190175.jpg&action=rotate

[EDIT] Images are very small - will try to figure out how to enlarge them
    Sorry now they are too big!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

^^ I like the polar bears!

• Advertisement

A bit late and I'm sure everyone has already seen it
    Sorry now they are too big!

The bigger the better! Makes you want to dig out the hat, scarf and gloves or sit in front of the fire with a big mug of hot chocoalte ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They are really nice but not worth the 250e price tag!

lockie1983 wrote: »
    They are really nice but not worth the 250e price tag!

Gosh I'm so sorry! My brother was talking to me and instead of hitting 'quote' I hit 'edit'!

Haven't even had a drink yet! haha.

I was trying to reply to say I agree not worth the price but look nice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

star-pants wrote: »
    Gosh I'm so sorry! My brother was talking to me and instead of hitting 'quote' I hit 'edit'!

Haven't even had a drink yet! haha.

I was trying to reply to say I agree not worth the price but look nice.

Hehehe no worries!! I blame your brother! :D

Yea I do like the look of them, they remind me of the Coca-Cola ads with the polar bears!

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Yea I do like the look of them, they remind me of the Coca-Cola ads with the polar bears!

*quote* this time :D

Aye that's true it does remind you of that! goodness wouldn't it be lovely to have a set up in your front garden with snow and the polar bears and lights!

Yea that would be some job!

A neighbour of mine has deer out the front, same style as the polar bears except her's cost her 35e for the big one and 25e for the little one. She got them in a local shop aswell so there are some bargains out there.

I can't wait until the Christmas decorations hit the shops, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

I saw Selection Boxes in a Market today - €1 each! Rushed over to the stall and wouldn't y'know it - they were out of date since April :o
    They may have been ok but.....

To make up for the disappointment I treated my self to a box of "Mulled Wine Tea" in a Polish Supermarket. :D

washiskin wrote: »
    I saw Selection Boxes in a Market today - €1 each! Rushed over to the stall and wouldn't y'know it - they were out of date since April :o
    They may have been ok but.....

To make up for the disappointment I treated my self to a box of "Mulled Wine Tea" in a Polish Supermarket. :D

We open a tin of Roses yesterday from last Christmas , I thought they were grand until September; out of date since June :eek:, we ate them anyway and they tasted DELISH! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatcartoget

It is only a few things but http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/fhSearch?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10001&searchKeywords=christmas
    Lots more to come hopefully.
    I really feel Christmas is getting near now because the X-factor is started. I love
    glade candle ads that begin in September they sort of say we want to to a Christmas ad but we aren't legally allowed to yet.

We open a tin of Roses yesterday from last Christmas , I thought they were grand until September; out of date since June :eek:, we ate them anyway and they tasted DELISH! ;)

Oh believe me I thought about it! But then they would have been in and out of a van in all sorts of temprature changes and there's nothing worse than opening a SB and finding that awful white mould on the bars (Christmas 1981)

Actually, we are hoe-ing our way through a tin of Roses, Heroes & Quality Street from last Christmas :o:o:o All fine. Damn Supervalu and their €6 tins!;)

• Advertisement

Oh believe me I thought about it! But then they would have been in and out of a van in all sorts of temprature changes and there's nothing worse than opening a SB and finding that awful white mould on the bars (Christmas 1981)

Actually, we are hoe-ing our way through a tin of Roses, Heroes & Quality Street from last Christmas :o:o:o All fine. Damn Supervalu and their €6 tins!;)

Been there my friend! As soon as they appear in the shops we're like "We'll buy them now, and put them away for Christmas." They go into the cupboard for all of about 5 hours, 2 days later all that's left is the empty tin and the wrappers, and the process starts all over again "This time they're definately going away!" , alas they never do :o

Been there my friend! As soon as they appear in the shops we're like "We'll buy them now, and put them away for Christmas." They go into the cupboard for all of about 5 hours, 2 days later all that's left is the empty tin and the wrappers, and the process starts all over again "This time they're definately going away!" , alas they never do :o
    My trick is to stow them in the car boot - well hidden under coats, wellies and the o/h's pressies and then stash a tin in the kip that is the spare room.
    The problem with Chez Wash is the annual fight over which we get - Roses, Quality Street or Heroes so I tend to get all three. Hence the glut later in the year.
    Has there ever been a poll run on the Nation Of Boards favourite Christmas Tin of Sweets?

My trick is to stow them in the car boot - well hidden under coats, wellies and the o/h's pressies and then stash a tin in the kip that is the spare room.
    The problem with Chez Wash is the annual fight over which we get - Roses, Quality Street or Heroes so I tend to get all three. Hence the glut later in the year.
    Has there ever been a poll run on the Nation Of Boards favourite Christmas Tin of Sweets?

That would be a dangerous poll, highly emotive issue is that! :D

Also, it would degenerate into how much the tins of sweets have disimproved over the last few years. They have got too cheap and the quality is suffering. I would actually prefer if they were the old price and old quality. They are supposed to be a treat, at €6 per tin, me and the hubby were polishing off a tin a week! We were pig sick of them by Christmas!

ncmc wrote: »
    That would be a dangerous poll, highly emotive issue is that! :D

Also, it would degenerate into how much the tins of sweets have disimproved over the last few years. They have got too cheap and the quality is suffering. I would actually prefer if they were the old price and old quality. They are supposed to be a treat, at €6 per tin, me and the hubby were polishing off a tin a week! We were pig sick of them by Christmas!

Yeah! We were saying last week, where have all the round sweets gone out of Roses. They were always the last ones left in the tin, but they were some of my favourites. They just seem to have disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

For some reason 'Christmas' is trending on Twitter right now in Ireland :D

Yeah! We were saying last week, where have all the round sweets gone out of Roses. They were always the last ones left in the tin, but they were some of my favourites. They just seem to have disappeared.

Yeah, the whirly one with the hazelnut centre has been changed beyond recognition :confused:
    There was a lovely one in a green wrapper that was a long ridgy shape with some sort of praline centre - also gone.

Had a discussion yesterday about the Santa visit we take my sisters kids on - it may be teamed up with the Panto this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hey guys! I've missed this forum over the last week - was away in Fuerteventura and it was lovely and everything to have the sun but now I'm home and I'm getting ready for the arrival of the festive season!! Bring it on!!

Is anyone else getting excited because it's at that time of year when things start to trickle into the shops??
    And it's only the start of things to come... :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh yeah, I'm SO excited!!! :D:D

I have to finish buying my Christmas presents, get them all wrapped and stored in the attic by October and then I can REALLY relax and start looking forward to the festive season! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Today FM played a snippet of "Fairytale of New York".

Because it is/would be Kirsty MacColls birthday today.

I can smell Christmas!

Advertisement