Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas out of season!

Options
  • 05-02-2011 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Maybe we could have a thread for all us Christmas lovers for when we see Christmas things about. It could be visiting an all-year-round Christmas shop, or seeing someone with their decorations still up or when they watch a Christmas film (or even better when RTE puts on a Christmas film in the middle of Summer!).

OK here's some of mine:
    The other day I saw a TV ad for glade and it mentioned a Christmas scent! It was lovely to see.

My house still has a few Christmas things about. I made a wooden tree for my kitchen and hung tiny wooden ornaments on it. It doesnt look too Christmassy so I've decided to leave it up!

Some shops still have Christmas decs on the shelves (albeit in the bargain corner!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Come on Christmas lovers, where are ye? :)

yesterday I saw a house with lights in the garden. Not sure if they were Christmas lights. Could well be, they were star-shaped. It was lovely to see them all lit up, though. And I saw another house with small red lights in their porch.

Last weekend there was a Christmas decoration show called Christmas World on the 28th -1st Feb. If I had known about it earlier I would have gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Oooh Christmas World! wonder was that fun...
    I have star lights up in my room all year round :D I love having them on when it's dark and cold outside, gives that nice feeling

star-pants wrote: »
    Oooh Christmas World! wonder was that fun...
    I have star lights up in my room all year round :D I love having them on when it's dark and cold outside, gives that nice feeling

http://christmasworld.messefrankfurt.com/frankfurt/en/besucher/willkommen.html

The star lights sound lovely. :) I was gonna leave up the lights I had around the fireplace but decided one day to take them down.

I have them on the wall in my bedroom, kinda up and around the edges so it looks grand all year round :)

Saw some trees in front of a sports centre (not sure) this evening with those blue lights on all the branches, looked lovely!

I bought a small spruce fir the other day that I can grow into a full tree someday. It was reduced to only €4.95.

Last year I was going to make Christmas decorations and had planned on doing lots but never got around to it because I was busy with college.
    So I think I will start earlier this year. I'll post some pics (when I start) for any Christmas lovers out there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Anyone still have their decorations up? I've seen some shops that are either awesome, or too lazy to take their lights down in Clare :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Anyone still have their decorations up? I've seen some shops that are either awesome, or too lazy to take their lights down in Clare :P

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JDfan

was cleaning up the house on Sat afternoon and noticed that I still had a few christmas decorations up, made me smile and think of next Christmas :D

JDfan wrote: »
    was cleaning up the house on Sat afternoon and noticed that I still had a few christmas decorations up, made me smile and think of next Christmas :D

But did you leave them up, JDfan? :)

I was looking up old 80s videos today, Wham, A-ha, etc and just for a laugh I watched Last Christmas. The funny thing is, it didn't seem too weird!
    A lot of those Christmas videos have people commenting on them all the time. So people watch them whatever time of year. :D

I was speaking to a friend today and she told me she is going on a ski holiday to Norway. The place she is staying is a real reindeer haunt. I was thinking to myself - Mmmmm, very Christmassy!! :D

BTW Only 305 days til Christmas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Maybe we could have a thread for all us Christmas lovers for when we see Christmas things about. It could be visiting an all-year-round Christmas shop, or seeing someone with their decorations still up or when they watch a Christmas film (or even better when RTE puts on a Christmas film in the middle of Summer!).

OK here's some of mine:
    The other day I saw a TV ad for glade and it mentioned a Christmas scent! It was lovely to see.

My house still has a few Christmas things about. I made a wooden tree for my kitchen and hung tiny wooden ornaments on it. It doesnt look too Christmassy so I've decided to leave it up!

Some shops still have Christmas decs on the shelves (albeit in the bargain corner!)
    I dunno know! i love christmas, really do, but when i see christmas lights still up in very late janurary or feb or see something to do with christmas on tv when its not christmas(apart from the odd simpsons episode), it makes me feel all weird.
    Maybe im the grinch!:D

• Advertisement

I dunno know! i love christmas, really do, but when i see christmas lights still up in very late janurary or feb or see something to do with christmas on tv when its not christmas(apart from the odd simpsons episode), it makes me feel all weird.
    Maybe im the grinch!:D

Hot Lips, you thanked the above post and you're the Christmas Mod. Shame on you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭letsbehonest

Well I may be an 18 year old guy but I love Christmas so much. It is not just the presents, what I love most is the atmosphere. I love the weekend before Christmas and going shopping for stupid gifts and there is just such a buzz around the place and I lve going to the supermarket and everyone is in such a rush but they seem so happy. I love seeing kids excited about Santa coming.
    I love the Dec's so mch that I didn't want to take them down so I hid the ladder from my mother so we couldn't get the boxes down out of the attic to put them away and we kept hem up until the 18th of Jan.
    Last night I had a dream that I lived in the excact house thar the lived in 'Home Alone' and all the kids were there and there were loads of ligths and gifts. Nobody got left home alone tough and we had a magical Christmas dinner together and we exchanged gifts and then I woke up and I relised it was a dream and I wanted to cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Crazy I may be but,my decorations are still up.My tree will be added to for paddys day, Easter at{ Halloween in a big way} with appropriate decorations.I now have a multi purpose festive all round tree.It also is nice to have the lights on too instead of lamps or the lounge,bedroom or hall lights on all the time.We are all loving it.Birthday pressies sit under it too....:)

Last night I had a dream that I lived in the excact house thar the lived in 'Home Alone' and all the kids were there and there were loads of ligths and gifts. Nobody got left home alone tough and we had a magical Christmas dinner together and we exchanged gifts

:D
    My brother bought a fairly large house out the country and for the last few Christmasses we spent it out there. I always thought his houses was like the Home Alone house because it was quite big and had a massive tree in his living room.
    Until, that is, I rewatched Home Alone this year and realised his house is nowhere near as big as theirs!!

HomeAlone_house.jpg

Littlemis, can you post a picture of your tree? It sounds brilliant. Do you always leave it up or is this the first year?

I still have the 'tree' up in the kitchen. It's just a branch with tiny wooden decorations on it. I absolutely love it but it really doesnt look too Christmassey.

302 days left. Not long til it's in the 200s

Yes I always leave it up all year as my multi purpose tree,admittedly through my cant be bothered to take it down mood.To tell you the truth I took it down last Easter and well the house just did'n't seem right so it went up at the end of September I think. It was up in time I think to celebrate the winter solstice if memory serves me right.....I will see if I can post a photo when my daughter comes home over the weekend..tbh..I don't know how, but will read up in the meantime how to do it,if I succeed then you may just regret asking me to put up a photo as you'll see my tree in action all year round...lol.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭letsbehonest

I remember a few years ago I was about 15 at the time. I was left by myself for the week in the middle of July and the minute they left I decorated the house and in the middle of the whole thing my there was a knock at door and it was a delivery for my sister. It was either Next or Littlewoods and I opened the door with tinsel around my neck. I managed to put up all the decs in a few hours and put the out door stuff up inside and then I had to put everything away again before they got home. I love Christmas so much!:D:D

Sorry I havent posted in a while - been busy.

littlemis wrote: »
    Yes I always leave it up all year as my multi purpose tree,admittedly through my cant be bothered to take it down mood.To tell you the truth I took it down last Easter and well the house just did'n't seem right so it went up at the end of September I think. It was up in time I think to celebrate the winter solstice if memory serves me right.....I will see if I can post a photo when my daughter comes home over the weekend..tbh..I don't know how, but will read up in the meantime how to do it,if I succeed then you may just regret asking me to put up a photo as you'll see my tree in action all year round...lol.:)

Littlemis did you get your daughter to post up a picture of your tree?
    My little tree is still up but I am thinking of decorating it with little chicks and eggs. (I'll put my christmas decs away until Easter and will take them out again after!)

I celebrated a birthday recently and my presents were wrapped in Christmas wrapping! :)

Only 278 days to go! And since it's almost April only 5/6 months 'til we start to see Christmas decorations appearing in shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Alot of people in my neighbourhood leave up thier lights for months and its pretty to look at!!!

When everything gets so BORING again you have a few houses WITH THIER STUFF STILL ON EVERY NIGHT,looks nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Was putting the rubbish out just there, in the basement below a block of apartments...

Someone had just disposed of their real Christmas tree in the skip! Thought it was a bit unusual, It's the start of April like and the thing was completely brown! in this instance an artificial tree makes more sense, normal I prefer the real deal of course.

anyone able to give me a dummy course on how to upload a photo of my multipurpose xmas tree..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Yes my friend,simply upload it to the site below and paste the link to it :)

www.imageshack.us

okay,Dude111 thanks for your help,but when I say dummy I actually mean it ,so how do I paste,yes I hear you laughing, but I know someone is going to help me, cause be honest you would like to see my tree,and I want to show it to you.starpants still having problems,but will get there.OH and by the way people my house will be decorated both inside and out for christmas 2011 for November 5th.:D

picture.php?pictureid=9175&albumid=1657&dl=1302214109&thumb=1

Star pants you are a genius,wait for it there is more to come..Dude111 I will be trying your method too, so hold tight till I get back to you.:D

picture.php?pictureid=9183&albumid=1657&dl=1302214406&thumb=1

picture.php?pictureid=9182&albumid=1657&dl=1302214406&thumb=1

picture.php?pictureid=9176&albumid=1657&dl=1302214109&thumb=1

picture.php?pictureid=9177&albumid=1657&dl=1302214109&thumb=1

picture.php?pictureid=9179&albumid=1657&dl=1302214109&thumb=1

picture.php?pictureid=9180&albumid=1657&dl=1302214109&thumb=1

picture.php?pictureid=9172&albumid=1657&dl=1302214109&thumb=1

picture.php?pictureid=9181&albumid=1657&dl=1302214406&thumb=1

This was the Christmas dressed photo.

picture.php?pictureid=9177&albumid=1657&dl=1302214109&thumb=1

Well now I honestly am really delighted to be able to share my multi-purpose tree with you.I still have decorations up since Christmas.In my sitting room and the lights are still up and in use in the hall.We have our back yard and shed lit up in the fine summer evenings,when we get them,lol...anyway thanks again Star pants for helping tonight.Dude111 When my daughter shows me how to put the photos onto the computer I will try your method next.....:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Looking for some festive movies lined up for this xmas coming which are not loved up at all, so far all I have is Go.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

I secretly LOVE christmas! I wish the season lasted longer than one month each year. The music is beautiful and the sentiments are lovely! It's so nice to find a christmas forum on the boards...

Hi Christmas lovers!

The tree looks great, littlemis.

I am entering a design competition to design a Christmas card/Christmas cracker. As you can imagine I am very excited about pouring over Christmas things in the middle of April. I will also be able to tell you what's hot for the coming Christmas season.

Just to let people know there's only 247 days til Christmas!

• Advertisement

Is it bad I've been listening to Glee Christmas Songs all week? lol

Advertisement