Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas out of season!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I was supposed to post this a few weeks ago but I was in the vets waiting room and underneath the seat was a fake Christmas tree all wrapped up in plastic!

Also last nite I watched a (crap) film with Queen Latifah in it and it was based around Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

ahh "Last Holiday" is not that bad a film milli milli, I only watched it because of the Christmas setting :rolleyes:

liamo22 wrote: »
    ahh "Last Holiday" is not that bad a film milli milli, I only watched it because of the Christmas setting :rolleyes:

Sorry can't agree. I thought it was mawkish, but different strokes... :)

The shops are getting rid of their old stock and making way for Autumn/Winter collections. Can't wait. It's only a matter of time before we start to see Christmas things! :D

160 days to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

liamo22 wrote: »

Sorry can't agree. I thought it was mawkish, but different strokes... :)

The shops are getting rid of their old stock and making way for Autumn/Winter collections. Can't wait. It's only a matter of time before we start to see Christmas things! :D

160 days to go!

Eeek! So excited! Saw that the Next website has it's autumn collection starting to come in! I love when all the warm coats and knitwear start to come in! Reminds me if being bundled up and cosy and it snowing!!!

leahyl wrote: »
    Eeek! So excited! Saw that the Next website has it's autumn collection starting to come in! I love when all the warm coats and knitwear start to come in! Reminds me if being bundled up and cosy and it snowing!!!

I am completely the same, Leahyl! I love wearing warm layers and scarves and gloves! So looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I got an email already about homemade decorations :eek: Can't believe I'm looking at them in July! I made some of my own for the first time last year, and I loved it! Never got around to posting a pic of my tree with my lovely decorations but I shall put one in the Tree thread now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Not seeing Christmas out of season, but didn't want to hijack the christmas market thread.

I was visiting my sister couple of years ago in Rome, close to Christmas and she took me to one of the Piazzas that hosts all these stalls and things. It's awesome, all sorts of stuff from tat to really interesting things. I've only a couple of photos but felt I'd share :D

n636346843_1765317_1910.jpg

IF you can imagine the size of the area, it went down as far as the buildings at the end.
    n636346843_1765321_2454.jpg

Surreptitiously pretending not to take a photo of Santa cuz you're meant to pay for a photo of him :pac:
    n636346843_1765323_2723.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I just bought a very christmassy cinamon spice and other smell candle. AND

I SAW SELECTION BOXES they were hidden up on the very top shelf. But they were there. :D:D

Whispered wrote: »
    I SAW SELECTION BOXES they were hidden up on the very top shelf. But they were there. :D:D

:eek::eek::pac:

Where! Where??!! :D

[edit] 100th post and it's almost August. Great that this thread has been kept going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

I just started buying for my Christmas larder of goodies :).Have stock piled the minerals,biscuits,sweets, & crisp section,bought the dried ingredients for the baking,,will just about make it in time I think...lol.:D

Where! Where??!! :D

Tesco Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

If anyone wants to be looking at some nice Christmassy things QVC shopping channel do a Christmas in July day tomorrow, there's loads of shows. Will definately get you in the Christmas spirit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

I'm really getting it the neck from Ebeneezer Scrooge here for talking about Christmas so early. (OH btw ;0) )

I have a 1 yr old and 2 yr old Pudding in the press - should I make another one this year?

I'm interested in these homemade deoraions you speak of - any tips? :cool:

flutegirl wrote: »
    If anyone wants to be looking at some nice Christmassy things QVC shopping channel do a Christmas in July day tomorrow, there's loads of shows. Will definately get you in the Christmas spirit :D

Is QVC on Sky Digital?!

littlemis wrote: »
    I just started buying for my Christmas larder of goodies :).Have stock piled the minerals,biscuits,sweets, & crisp section,bought the dried ingredients for the baking,,will just about make it in time I think...lol.:D

Mmm Christmas larder! I love larders - I wish I had a larder!!

leahyl wrote: »
    Is QVC on Sky Digital?!

Yep, I think so, we have have it on free-to-air. I think some of the other shopping channels do the same tomorrow as well. :pac:

I had a sneaky look at QVC (thanks for the heads up flutegirl) and they are selling bags. There's a purple and white Christmas colour scheme in the background.
    Hoping to see some Christmas trees and decorations at some stage!

153 days to go!

Had a look at QVC programmes and it's mostly gifts but at 9pm tonight there is a Festive Lighting programme!

Had a look at QVC programmes and it's mostly gifts but at 9pm tonight there is a Festive Lighting programme!

Saw that! Must have a sneak peak at 9 so! :-p

• Advertisement

Got home so late that I didn't get to see any of it, was hoping for at least 5 minutes :eek: Did it make you all feel Christmassy? :)

flutegirl wrote: »
    Got home so late that I didn't get to see any of it, was hoping for at least 5 minutes :eek: Did it make you all feel Christmassy? :)

I actually didn't end up seeing it in the end - saw a glimpse of it when I went into the sitting room at one point but the lights they were showing weren't very Christmassy really....

Oh i was just thinking I can't wait for all the Christmas music videos to be on those digital music channels!:p

I completely forgot to watch the Lights programme, after me posting about it. :)
    Yes, I am so looking forward to hearing Christmas songs and seeing videos.
    There's always Youtube. Here's a christmas video to warm your hearts!

It's funny, I can't wait for Christmas - yet I can't bring myself to watch or listen to christmassy things. I think I'm worried if I do, I wont get the same little exctied thrill when they start playing on TV & radio.

It's funny, I can't wait for Christmas - yet I can't bring myself to watch or listen to christmassy things. I think I'm worried if I do, I wont get the same little exctied thrill when they start playing on TV & radio.

I'm the same! I listen to Christmas music by myself but I don't want to be going overload in case I'm burned out by the time Christmas comes:D

I completely forgot to watch the Lights programme, after me posting about it. :)
    Yes, I am so looking forward to hearing Christmas songs and seeing videos.
    There's always Youtube. Here's a christmas video to warm your hearts!

LOOOVE this song!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Yeah im the same. I was up at 3am last night though feeding my baby daughter and flicked on 'The Santa Clause'! :D:D:D

That 'Christmas Bells' song gets me every time! :o

I admit I feel the same listening to Christmas songs out of season. Don't want to overdo it! It's only really this year (and maybe last year!) that I've listened to them out of season. It always felt wrong for some reason!

Great news - the new Argos catalogue will be out this Saturday in the UK (hopefully Ireland is the same. The Irish website says January 22nd!)
    and that means CHRISTMAS TREES at the back! Yippee!!

I had to reserve something in Argos and just for the laugh I looked up Christmas trees! But they're not there yet! Impatience, impatience!
    Hopefully will be there tomorrow when the catalogue is out.

PS 148 days til the big day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

As & from tomorrow I will 97 days left before my tree & house is decorated for Christmas:D....My tree will be wondering why Halloween was cut so short this year.:eek:

Advertisement