Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas out of season!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aw, I've just realised milli milli is counting down to Christmas eve, not Christmas day, with Christmas eve counting as 'Day 0'. Christmas eve should be '1 day to Christmas, not none!' :eek:

Hmm.. I'm thinking July will be Christmas list time, August, actual present buying and wrapping time, then in September I make my annual Christmas pudding and wait for a nice 'not freaking out because I've everything done, haha' Christmas. :p

...of course, this may not go according to plan! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Posy wrote: »
    Aw, I've just realised milli milli is counting down to Christmas eve, not Christmas day, with Christmas eve counting as 'Day 0'. Christmas eve should be '1 day to Christmas, not none!' :eek:

I am using this website http://www.xmasclock.com to count down the days. No idea if it's Christmas Eve or Day :)
    I will adjust it closer to the time.

At the mo it's 194 days to go!

Edit: just counted (for the craic!) and it is in fact 194 days until Christmas Day. Can someone else verify this?
    I counted several times and get different answers! Ha! I have a dose of flu so I am blaming this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Wow only 194 days??

Hmmmmmmmmmm.. We havent even had any good summer weather yet here! (Maybe 1 or 2 days so far of 30º or a little over)

Dude111 wrote: »
    Wow only 194 days??

Actually it's 192 days now! Woohoo!! Almost half way there!! 182 days will be the halfway point!

I think it's time for a Christmas song! Here is one of my favourites:

Actually it's 192 days now! Woohoo!! Almost half way there!! 182 days will be the halfway point!
    Yay!! :D
    (Although I count today, the 16th as 192 days- the counting down to Christmas Eve/Day controversy continues haha!!) :pac:

Loving the YouTube links, I'm having a very stressful summer so feeling festive makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I think it's time for a Christmas song!
    Yes i might listen to my Johnny Mathis record :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This thread always makes me smile :)

So here's another festive video for you all:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

We had a 'Christmas Eve' scented candle burning in the living room last night, I was so confused :pac:

[QUOTE=Posy;72792405
    Loving the YouTube links, I'm having a very stressful summer so feeling festive makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :)[/QUOTE]

Aw. I know how you feel. It's hard to be stressed when you think of the loveliness of Christmas :D

Leahyl thats my favourite Christmas Ad. It's so well made.

Another Ad I loved last year was the Sainsbury's Perfect Christmas, seen here at 4:29. I loved how idyllic the whole thing was. Imagine living in a village like that :)

I had no idea it was for a competition to create a perfect Christmas in a real street, the winner of which was:

Aw. I know how you feel. It's hard to be stressed when you think of the loveliness of Christmas :D

Leahyl thats my favourite Christmas Ad. It's so well made.

Another Ad I loved last year was the Sainsbury's Perfect Christmas, seen here at 4:29. I loved how idyllic the whole thing was. Imagine living in a village like that :)

Oh my god milli milli those sainsburys ads are beautiful! Especially the second one where they created the perfect christmas for real! I love sainsburys - we need to get one here!:D

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh my god milli milli those sainsburys ads are beautiful!

Aren't they just? I loved that ad so much, it was so magical. Also the bit where they're showing The Snowman film on the wall. :)

Last Christmas I stayed in my brother's house out the country and he lives near a little village (not as cute as the village in the ad, though!). But we all went to midnight mass and the church was so small and cute with a lit Christmas tree outside. It was -16degrees and the whole place was covered in snow. Inside the church during the ceremony they lit loads of candles. It was so beautiful and magical.

PS 190 days til Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Aren't they just? I loved that ad so much, it was so magical. Also the bit where they're showing The Snowman film on the wall. :)

Last Christmas I stayed in my brother's house out the country and he lives near a little village (not as cute as the village in the ad, though!). But we all went to midnight mass and the church was so small and cute with a lit Christmas tree outside. It was -16degrees and the whole place was covered in snow. Inside the church during the ceremony they lit loads of candles. It was so beautiful and magical.

PS 190 days til Christmas :)

And they tell us then that there is global warming....In preperation for the weather this CHRISTMAS ,WE GOT A POTBELLY STOVE .We dont know ourselves now with the house so warm ,doors open all over the place,and thats only on a small fire,lets hope it stays this warm when the bad weather really hits....(have now finished wrapping all my christmas presents ,and am back to making more decorations...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Hi all, only just found this thread! :) Another lover of Christmas here. It might just tickle you all to know that I was busy yesterday wrapping Christmas presents and writing cards for a Christmas in July thing I do with a few other people this time of year!! We open them on July 1st, it's all very Christmassy. :pac:

189 days to Christmas day, eek!! :D:D (or 188 to Christmas eve, whatever people prefer.) :)

flutegirl wrote: »
    Hi all, only just found this thread! :) Another lover of Christmas here. It might just tickle you all to know that I was busy yesterday wrapping Christmas presents and writing cards for a Christmas in July thing I do with a few other people this time of year!! We open them on July 1st, it's all very Christmassy. :pac:

Welcome flutegirl! And can I just say to your post :eek:! Doing a whole Christmas in July! You must really love Christmas:D! You'll fit RIGHT in here!

flutegirl wrote: »
    Ooooh, stop giving me ideas!!! :D:eek:

Posy wrote: »
    Ooooh, stop giving me ideas!!! :D:eek:

We did it last year as well and it's great craic, especially trying to hunt out wrapping paper and suitable Christmassy gifts. Scarves and gloves don't cut it this time of year, although it might as well be winter still it's so flippin' cold ! :confused:

leahyl wrote: »
    Welcome flutegirl! And can I just say to your post :eek:! Doing a whole Christmas in July! You must really love Christmas:D! You'll fit RIGHT in here!

Thanks a million! As soon as we get out of July I start seriously thinking about Christmas, so not long to go now! :D

Flutegirl you are even more of a Christmas nut than me! That's a cool idea!

I'm so delighted this thread has been kept going by you good people! (Tomorrow is the longest day of the year and then we are closer to Christmas 2011!) Woohoo!!

I hardly ever go on Twitter but I went on it the other day and sometimes when you open it up it shows you posts from weeks ago and you have to scroll to the top to get the most recent. So I follow Stephen Fry and about a month ago he was making the new series of QI and he said they were starting off with the Christmas episode, much to his amusement! It's a bit strange having the Christmas episode in May. I would have thought it would be October or something? But then again wasn't White Christmas and Sleigh Ride recorded in the middle of Summer heatwaves! :D

Another 'out of season' thing I am going to do is to get some solar powered twinkly lights for my tree in the back garden. The ironic thing is that it will look like Christmas now but when Christmas comes around, they won't work!!

187 (188) days to go! :D

littlemis wrote: »
    Nice to know you have not allowed the person who may try stop you from doing your out of season countdown.
    You can refer to me only as "The Grinch" from now on if you'd like! :) Don't see what the fuss is about as there's about a million Christmas countdowns out there if you google!

• Advertisement

Spotted in my local Super Valu yesterday ... Christmas Puddings :D, large sizes, a steal at €2, not out of date until 2012! If they're still there tomorrow I may just bring one or two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Decided to check in here to see if there was any life. Great to see the Christmas forum kept going!

181 days until the big day! We're officially past the half-way stage now :D

Hello Christmas people!

I finally got around to putting up my Christmas Solar lights up!
    They actually worked. Could not believe it. I only put them up at about 4pm yesterday and the day was overcast. They may have already had a bit of a charge but was still impressed. Will try and take a photo of them to show you people. It looks lovely and Christmassy.
    Meanwhile here is a picture of them from the website:

ProductLargeImagePopup?storeId=10152&jsparm=true&imageName=61-4328427A73UC630673X.jpg&imageText=

Here is the link, for anyone who might like to purchase.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4328427/Trail/searchtext%3ESOLAR+LIGHTS.htm

175 days to go. Woohoo!!! I can almost smell the Christmas pudding!

Spotted: was on the Luas heading to the Point on saturday, passede the back of one of the hotels, ' We are now taking bookings for christmas parties!' A nice big green and red banner! I had to look twice to make sure. :eek:

I was in Argos yesterday and asked them when the new catalogue is out and the shop guy said early August and you know what that means????
    There's a page at the back with Christmas trees and decorations!!!!
    I can't believe it is almost that time of year when we'll be able to see Christmas things in shops/catalogues!!
    Woohoo!!!

PS 169 days to go. Ho! Ho! Ho!!!!

I was in Argos yesterday and asked them when the new catalogue is out and the shop guy said early August and you know what that means????
    There's a page at the back with Christmas trees and decorations!!!!
    I can't believe it is almost that time of year when we'll be able to see Christmas things in shops/catalogues!!
    Woohoo!!!

PS 169 days to go. Ho! Ho! Ho!!!!

YES!! I love flicking to the back and seeing the Christmas bits!

OMG out In my Mums house at the weekend and she kept all the Christmas magazines I had from last year! So just looking through them with awe! Absolutely beautiful stuff.
    I am immersed in Christmas!!!
    Will try and put some photos up later.

I must start making some Christmas decorations now that I'm reminded of it.

Oh I am just so excited to be reading these!!! :D

167 days to go!

milli milli you're posts are hilarious! :D

I can't wait for this to come out - we get it every Christmas:pac: I think it's more a Cork tradition though!

hollybough2006.jpg

Oh that mag looks great. Never seen it before.

Here are the mags that I was looking at:
    (These were available in October :D)

http://www.signaturepl.co.uk/portfolio/the_christmas_magazine.html

http://www.yhmag.co.uk/special_issue.php

camera+020.JPG

• Advertisement

OMG out In my Mums house at the weekend and she kept all the Christmas magazines I had from last year! So just looking through them with awe! Absolutely beautiful stuff.
    I am immersed in Christmas!!!
    Will try and put some photos up later.

I must start making some Christmas decorations now that I'm reminded of it.

Oh I am just so excited to be reading these!!! :D

167 days to go!

I LOVED making paperchains as a kid for christmas, they were just the best! OK, must go to bed and dream of Christmas...

Advertisement