Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing Christmas out of season!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

...I am entering a design competition to design a Christmas card/Christmas cracker. As you can imagine I am very excited about pouring over Christmas things in the middle of April. I will also be able to tell you what's hot for the coming Christmas season.
    Very Nice Milli Milli! After you win :D the card/cracker competition, will you post your designs, please?! I can't wait to see what you did! Have great fun researching...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Kiva.D wrote: »
    Very Nice Milli Milli! After you win :D the card/cracker competition, will you post your designs, please?! I can't wait to see what you did! Have great fun researching...

Thanks Kiva. I am thinking of doing a snowflake/ice queen theme so have been learning to make snowflakes:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-6-Pointed-Paper-Snowflakes/

They look great when they're made.

Also for anyone interested, the Nutcracker ballet is on in the Dublin Convention Centre in October. The ultimate Christmas ballet :)

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Looking for some festive movies lined up for this xmas coming which are not loved up at all, so far all I have is Go.

Any ideas?
    I watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang today which was set at Christmas. It's not overtly Christmassy but there are a few festive touches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

hi all you Christmas lovers :)

I was flicking through the channels today and happened on 'The Polar Express!'

It gave me a lovely warm cosy feeling :D and just tonight i happen on a Christmas forum!! happy days :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was in Subway the other day and they were playing 'Fairytale of New York.' I thought my ears were deceiving me!
    It was brilliant. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Does anyone ever get a sudden christmassy feeling out of the blue??! Every so often I just happen to think of Christmas and I get all warm and cosy inside! It just happened there so had to post about it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

I find myself checking into this forum on a daily basis just to re-read everything,well I might have missed something way back when....:D

It's Cinco de Mayo and I still have my wee Christmas Tree up (shameful I know).:D

littlemis wrote: »
    I find myself checking into this forum on a daily basis just to re-read everything,well I might have missed something way back when....:D

LOL me too! I'm so pathetic! As are you:pac:* (*kidding)

Happy "Out of Season" Christmas to you guys! :)

It is lashing rain out and generally cold and miserable. This kind of weather always reminds me of winter.
    I can't believe Polar Express was on TV and Fairytale of New York. That is so cool!

232 days until Christmas. Only 7 months. It's getting closer and closer!

• Advertisement

Happy "Out of Season" Christmas to you guys! :)

It is lashing rain out and generally cold and miserable. This kind of weather always reminds me of winter.
    I can't believe Polar Express was on TV and Fairytale of New York. That is so cool!

232 days until Christmas. Only 7 months. It's getting closer and closer!
    Oh I know I love that kind of weather - reminds me of coming home from work on the winter evenings and seeing all the Christmas trees and lights on the streets! Then go home and cuddle up by the fire :) oh I love my comfort me! Roll on December!

I purchased a box of christmas cards at a charity shop yesterday - love it!

I purchased a box of christmas cards at a charity shop yesterday - love it!

I'm proud of you Kiva.D! Keep the Christmas spirit alive!:D

I bought a small spruce fir the other day that I can grow into a full tree someday. It was reduced to only €4.95.

Last year I was going to make Christmas decorations and had planned on doing lots but never got around to it because I was busy with college.
    So I think I will start earlier this year. I'll post some pics (when I start) for any Christmas lovers out there.

Hate to break the news,but spruce will not be green at christmas,don't throw out as it will green up in spring.

Hate to break the news,but spruce will not be green at christmas,don't throw out as it will green up in spring.
    Sorry my mistake I was thinking of my larch trees.....

The other day I was in the library minding my own business looking up books on petcare when I happened upon this book (wasn't looking for it!):

The-Christmas-Book-How-to-Have-the-Best-Christmas-Ever-3495023-3.jpeg

Of course I had to borrow it!
    It wasn't too bad. Some bits about folklore, recipes, etc.

I may be rushing things a bit but we need a little christmas right this very minute...

The other day I was in the library minding my own business looking up books on petcare when I happened upon this book (wasn't looking for it!):

The-Christmas-Book-How-to-Have-the-Best-Christmas-Ever-3495023-3.jpeg

Of course I had to borrow it!
    It wasn't too bad. Some bits about folklore, recipes, etc.

Cant see what book you borrowed,now spill it as youv'e got me curious.

Cant see what book you borrowed,now spill it as youv'e got me curious.

the book is The Christmas Book. Guide to your best Chridtmas ever. It's done in the same style as those Interesting (?) Book for Boys.

I was in London yesterday shopping and came across a Happy Christmas decoration in Sass & Belle. Also at the airport I came across some Guinness Christmas Baubles.

PS Only 209 days til Christmas. In a few days it will be June. The year is almost half way done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I was @ a friends house last night and they still have thier tree up with all the decorations :)

They put the lights on while i was there and they were OK i guess... (Would have been better if they were thick coloured lights like i remember in the 70s,80s)

• Advertisement

I may be rushing things a bit but we need a little christmas right this very minute...

The set is absolutely magical!

Edit: 203 days til Christmas!!

Dude111 wrote: »
    I was @ a friends house last night and they still have thier tree up with all the decorations :)

They put the lights on while i was there and they were OK i guess... (Would have been better if they were thick coloured lights like i remember in the 70s,80s)

maybe you should come to visit ours..it's just as you remember...:)

The set is absolutely magical!

Edit: 203 days til Christmas!!

Well done 230 day left you say,well I'm all set, shopping for pressies all done ..yipee :P...guess who will be having a stress free Christmas & loving every bit of it...:D Nice to know you have not allowed the person who may try stop you from doing your out of season countdown..I have now come to depend on you to keep me up to speed...;)

Nice to know you have not allowed the person who may try stop you from doing your out of season countdown..I have now come to depend on you to keep me up to speed...;)

keep it under your hat, or I might get into trouble :D

actually it's 203 days now, must have looked at a wrong website.

Can't believe you've done your Christmas shopping already! Wow it will be stress free for you! I don't get too stressed out shopping cos I usually do it in plenty of time too, though never this early!

Although I'm enjoying the summer, I can't wait til after it when Christmas stuff starts appearing in the shops!

ha ha,wait till nov 5th the people around here are used to it by now ,but wont know what hit them when the pass in the evenings and see the whole place lit up,it will be like deck the halls ,they will think i am trying to have my house seen from space....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

littlemis wrote:
    maybe you should come to visit ours..it's just as you remember...:)
    Excellent,Lets see a picture :)

I am reading About A Boy by Nick Hornby and it's made me want to watch the film again. So I watched it last night and it's not an overtly Christmas film but there is a lot of Christmas in it:

The main character celebrates Christmas twice in it, including the last scene. The main character lives off the royalties of a Christmas song, his Dad wrote, Santa's Super Sleigh.
    :D

Last night was absolutely freezing, it got me thinking of Winter.
    And of course Christmas is in winter! Not sure what this Winter will be like, it could be like the last two or it could be boring and mild.
    I would really like a snowy Christmas like the last two years, fingers crossed.

BTW Only 196 days til Christmas! We've ditched the 300s, the 200s and pretty soon we'll be into double figures!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Eeeek!! :D

Ooh, I have to start thinking about presents!! :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Posy wrote: »
    Ooh, I have to start thinking about presents!! :eek: :eek:

Me too... such a large list of birthdays and christmas presents to make...

Advertisement