Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

spider_pig wrote: »
    Just finished it 100% completion and my god was that a pain in the bollox wrapping everything up

I'm not too far off this mark but I'm hoping there is something you can help with.

I'm currently going around and hacking the the few cameras I have left but there is one that is annoying me. Its located in Aberdeen and is down by the docks... I can see by following the cable that the box is located on a platform nearby but I can't for the life of me get up there. I've tried a few different methods but got nowhere near it. Any suggestions?[/Quote]

Is there anyway u cn mark it on the map having a bit of trouble here trying to find the exact one your talkin about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

:)

I'm not too far off this mark but I'm hoping there is something you can help with.

I'm currently going around and hacking the the few cameras I have left but there is one that is annoying me. Its located in Aberdeen and is down by the docks... I can see by following the cable that the box is located on a platform nearby but I can't for the life of me get up there. I've tried a few different methods but got nowhere near it. Any suggestions?

i think this is the one your on about it got me again trying to do the video took me a few min to cop on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbwiG-IfUrc&feature=g-upl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I love how some races are part of the story and not just a tacked on side mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

spider_pig wrote: »
    i think this is the one your on about it got me again trying to do the video took me a few min to cop on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbwiG-IfUrc&feature=g-upl

Haha cheers that's exactly the camera I was after.
    I had actually climbed up that stack before but for some reason didn't climb the whole way up, just ended up on the street on the other side!

Thanks for taking the effort for this as it was driving me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just learned the Dim Mak counter... this game has just become far to easy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Got another few hours into it last night, have been introduced to the the next "area" of the city (but I like how the entire city is available to explore from the outset). I think I might spend some of this evening just doing security cameras, shrines and statues. Also found a slick black suit costume just as I got to the posh down town area so was able to dress the part for these missions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

One of the most annoying things that happens is during the combat.

When you grab someone and you want to throw them into an enviornment like a dumpster, sometimes the run button won't work and your character does this insane stop-go-stop-go-stop-go motion which leaves you wide open to get your head kicked in.

While the shooting sections are few and far between, I do actually enjoy them. Something meaty about the pistol when you get it and are able to fire it the rare times.

Still, loving this game. Played a few hours last night where it was just constantly raining in the game, good thing it's great looking in the rain. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Spotted this going for 43.99 in Argos of all places today.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    One of the most annoying things that happens is during the combat.

When you grab someone and you want to throw them into an enviornment like a dumpster, sometimes the run button won't work and your character does this insane stop-go-stop-go-stop-go motion which leaves you wide open to get your head kicked in.

I never had any issue with running with or without people grappled so that a bit strange (i'll test that more tonight as i never really run with them!).
    While the shooting sections are few and far between, I do actually enjoy them. Something meaty about the pistol when you get it and are able to fire it the rare times.

Shooting actually feels satisfying though the enemies are a bit like bullet sponges sometimes.

Since finishing main game I've been messing about the with the cops alot. They actually were pretty easy to escape in main game but now I seem to get max heat all the time and without a weapon or sports car - they are very tough to lose!
    Still, loving this game. Played a few hours last night where it was just constantly raining in the game, good thing it's great looking in the rain. :pac:

It's obvious that the Devs knew how good the games looks in rain so it really does rain a lot of time. I was actually suprised when I loaded a game and sun was coming through the skylight!! I do like though how the cars react to the wet roads though. You can get some really nice drifts going and look cool while doing it :)

I did notice something that hadn't happend to me before while repeating a mission. I had to put someone the boot and take them somewhere. Anyways I grabbed the person and ran towards my parked cars boot. Just as I reached the car after running full speed there he smashes that persons head onto the boot!! Had to pick them up again and this time it gave me correct option to dump them in boot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just got my Central Apartment last night (not getting much chance to play this lately) and feel like a bum in my crap clothes compared to the niceness of Central itself. Gotta get myself a new car and new clothes. Although I have a snazzy 'Mr. Black' suit I wasn't able to wear but just got my face up so gonna throw that on. Anyone prefer any specific clothes sets or cars/bikes?

I robbed a couple of super bikes, don't know the make but I want to buy one ASAP. Crotch Rocket is an understatement!

GTA V, take note how to have fun in the open world! off topic, GTA V is looking very nice indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just got this game today. It's just so nice to play. It's the little things really. I can't help but run up to fishermen and thow them into the bay. Sheehy, your stats are showing up every now and then, so that's quite cool too. If this was a neverending MMO where there was just an infinite amount of things to do I would gladly pay monthly. I'm sure it has to end sometime.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I just got my Central Apartment last night (not getting much chance to play this lately) and feel like a bum in my crap clothes compared to the niceness of Central itself. Gotta get myself a new car and new clothes. Although I have a snazzy 'Mr. Black' suit I wasn't able to wear but just got my face up so gonna throw that on. Anyone prefer any specific clothes sets or cars/bikes?

I robbed a couple of super bikes, don't know the make but I want to buy one ASAP. Crotch Rocket is an understatement!

I actually spent the first half of the game shirtless with runners, jeans and a neck-chain/wristband that gave +15% extra Face. Once I became more respected I changed to some nice suits, sort of like 'Mr. Black', but customized instead so I could add my extras. I also wore shades through the whole so I always appeared in cut-scenes in them - my current designer shades were not cheap but look sweet :)

I rather use my cars more then my bikes actually. I just find them easier to control especially when turning sharply. I like to drift around bends, so in a Class A or B car I can do this easily (combo of gas and handbrake) but with the bike I lose control more often then not and end up missing the turn or hitting traffic!! I do agree though that once you hit a straight line those bikes are satisfyingly fast.

You can buy a Class A bike from the car seller in Aberdeen I think - only costs from around 90,000+ or get a top end Class A car for 600,00!
    Another reason to max your Face level is the 40% discount on cars and clothes! I went on a vehicle shopping spree recently thanks that discount but still ended up using the same car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

calex71 wrote: »
    Spotted this going for 43.99 in Argos of all places today.

It's €43 on Amazon. They dropped the price last week before it was even released. It was €48 before that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Played a few more minutes just there.

The Maccabees and Bombay Bicycle Club one after the other on Kerrang!? Epic! :D:D

But the driving. Oh good lord the driving is awful. It's almost as bad as Saints Row. Really disliking that aspect of the game. Everything else so far has been excellent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it just me or is it very easy too lose the cops ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

not really, sometimes I've had to bash into them to get rid of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Most the time all I have to do is press b and do a u turn. They then struggle to turn around to come after me.

All the races were simple also. The AI will normally clip some part of the scenery that will throw them off.

I'm loving the driving, not as 'real' as GTA but not as arcadey as saints row, perfect mix to jusrt have fun. I haven't called a taxi yet where as that was my main mode of transport in gta 4. Just bought what looks like a honda integra, enjoying the street racing.

Is it just me or is it very easy too lose the cops ?
    Since finishing main game I've been messing about the with the cops alot. They actually were pretty easy to escape in main story but now I seem to get max heat all the time and without a weapon or sports car - they are very tough to lose!

:D

To add to that once you get max heat and the swat trucks they really go for the kill!! Take those trucks you have to air-jack, I did a couple of them during the story mission and thought they were easy... now I get an instant max heat which is quite tricky in a slow, moving armored truck. It's good thats is durable though as its really gets shot to pieces if you get cornered!
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm loving the driving, not as 'real' as GTA but not as arcadey as saints row, perfect mix to jusrt have fun. I haven't called a taxi yet where as that was my main mode of transport in gta 4. Just bought what looks like a honda integra, enjoying the street racing.

Have you got access to the Valet yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Have you got access to the Valet yet?

He only brings me the crummy motorbike you start with. Is there any way to switch it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

aaronh007 wrote: »
    He only brings me the crummy motorbike you start with. Is there any way to switch it?

When you're choosing which car you want to take out press Y on the car/motorbike you want the valet to bring!

Ya I have the valet but keep forgetting to use him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The nightclub fight is a little hard is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

tuxy wrote: »
    I have a i5 2500k @ 4.5 ghz and a 570 gtx also overclocked
    I have never seen the frame rate drop below 60 ( vsync is on) I'ms using patch 1.3

Cpu is normally at 30% but can go a bit higher
    Gpu is also around 30%

I did notice that the game uses all 4 cores of the cpu, perhaps the game is not optimised for anything with less than 4 core. :(

What cpu do you have?

I have a core 2 quad Q8200 @2.33 GHZ.

It still doesn't explain why its using f'all GPU though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The nightclub fight is a little hard is it not?

It is I agree,it pissed me off when I would die I would have to start all over again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is this a seperate nightclub fight or the one near the start of the game after your first karaoke session ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is this a seperate nightclub fight or the one near the start of the game after your first karaoke session ?

THE one near the start,I was nearly 3 hrs trying to do sunday night And THEN i GET IT in one go on tuesday :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is it the night club fight without guns or the one with guns later? I did both first try.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Is it the night club fight without guns or the one with guns later? I did both first try.

emmmmm one without,I probably wasn't leveled up/didn't know enough moves etc at the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

That's pretty awful tbh lol :P I didn't find it harder than anything else.
    The thing I probably failed most at was the first Fight Club outside, after you learn your first move from the sifu.

Advertisement