Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential return of Severe Cold from mid February

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

I for one wont be getting excited til darkman starts a new thread.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The weather is variable. We can get temperatures of 15-16 degrees in March, which are sometimes replaced by a brief wintry blast from the north at some point in the month. Indeed we can get snow into April. So to confidently dismiss that we'll see no more snow is a mistake.
    +1 Nacho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

A further strengthening of the cold air push on the latest gfs, could be some serious snow in Scotland and Northern England over the next few days

Looks like yet more Atlantic muck for us for the week ahead though, never ending at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Harps wrote: »
    A further strengthening of the cold air push on the latest gfs, could be some serious snow in Scotland and Northern England over the next few days

Looks like yet more Atlantic muck for us for the week ahead though, never ending at the moment :(
    Now you said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Fair play to the cold. I had it written off completely but it seems to be like darkman and clinging to a glass half full type scenario even though the wild Atlantic is sneering on jealously at its persistance. The cold weather seems to just try to sneak in the back door to do anything to get to our shores but I think the Atlantic has bolted that door too albeit with a faulty lock that allows the cold to get into our neighbours back garden and theyd have to give ours an almighty shove to get it open. Still theyll keep trying and might succeed but then discover that its March and Fcuk off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

The Scandi High has really built up a a deep pool of cold. Any shift in it towards the west will create a huge battle ground.

Not sure why people write of cold in FI, but are ready to accept the high pushing in over Spain with no problem at all.

Winter isn't over yet. Don't think we will get anything like November-December snowfalls. But I think we may get another week of chilly weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Nabber wrote: »
    The Scandi High has really built up a a deep pool of cold. Any shift in it towards the west will create a huge battle ground.

Not sure why people write of cold in FI, but are ready to accept the high pushing in over Spain with no problem at all.

Winter isn't over yet. Don't think we will get anything like November-December snowfalls. But I think we may get another week of chilly weather.

will be interesting to see what happens alright....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The UK met office are giving the weather good upto the 19th March, temperatures around here should be average to above average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Snowing in Yorkshire would you believe.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

And in Leeds. We've been the wrong side of borderline the past week :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Had a dusting of snow last week, the cold has left Ireland and the Atlantic wants to keep us mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

was lookin at sky news weather las night , showed snow at times over scotland and north&east england for today an tomorrow... must be good bit colder over there ,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Min wrote: »
    The UK met office are giving the weather good upto the 19th March, temperatures around here should be average to above average.

They change that outlook every few days , but its most likey a plausible situation .

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Glorious day here in Co Clare.... best day of the year so far - clear skies and sunshine.

Yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Cold me arse, i had my first icecream cone of the year on the beach this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

dun laoghaire pier was busy today, some (slightly mad) people in shorts, lovely day.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭oisingeogho

things looking mild from now untill as far as one can see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Huge difference between outputs on GFS. First there was a huge high going to be over us and now watch the MASSIVE change. The warmth pretty much gone now replaced by a stronger cold.

132hours1.png132hours.png

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭oisingeogho

Huge difference between outputs on GFS. First there was a huge high going to be over us and now watch the MASSIVE change. The warmth pretty much gone now replaced by a stronger cold.

132hours1.png132hours.png

they said on 9 30 weather that colder by next weekend around 7 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I had a feeling it would take more than an Iberian high to unsettle the cold over Russia and Scandi.

Still in FI tho so it my revert back. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Thread title change: Potential return of sever cold . . .sometime . . .in the next 10 years . . .:P

I'm giving up!!! theres only a week of february left, chances of lasting snow are gone . .:( bar a miracle that is . .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like February will be an extremely mild month to average!

Not a flake of snow since December 24th!

Ah well it was an amazing month of cold.

I have an inkling that after this very mild spell, March could be a chilly one.

Anyway i will close this thread now ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement