Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Spent the last couple of nights farming for the Balder side sword just about to give up and ta-da last Knight drops it :D Had heard it was a good weapon so now to upgrade it and try Quealog again.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

p38 wrote: »
    Spent the last couple of nights farming for the Balder side sword just about to give up and ta-da last Knight drops it :D Had heard it was a good weapon so now to upgrade it and try Quealog again.
    Fair fvcks to you...many a man has put in hrs and given up...it's a brilliant weapon upgraded to 15 (can't do this before Queels though)...the Uchi wouldve done the same damage pretty much with bleed bonus and wouldve save you those hrs...but hindsight and all that

Enjoy your BSS:D

Are you trying to solo Queelag btw?
    There was plenty of summon activity around the blightown bonfire the other night when I was passing through...even lent a hand myself a few times...10k a go!

GK1001 wrote: »
    Are you trying to solo Queelag btw?
    There was plenty of summon activity around the blightown bonfire the other night when I was passing through...even lent a hand myself a few times...10k a go!

Yeah im trying to solo the game not online my internet connection crap .. Might try and tackle Queelag with the NCP character I think I have to fight him/her in blightown first before I can summon. Got Queelag down to a small fraction of health and then I go and roll into Lava behind me:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

p38 wrote: »
    Yeah im trying to solo the game not online my internet connection crap .. Might try and tackle Queelag with the NCP character I think I have to fight him/her in blightown first before I can summon. Got Queelag down to a small fraction of health and then I go and roll into Lava behind me:mad:

I'll just nip in with the 7,500 post :O Good going lads!

Mildred is a beast, just summon her, and keep drawing Queelags attacks and movements to keep Mildred out of the lava pools, and she should be able to take away at least half her health, if not more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

This threads continued activity is genuinely impressive!

What is dead may never die :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

This thread is probably on NG++++++ at this stage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

This threads continued activity is genuinely impressive!

and pray that you never go hollow.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We need to get it to the 10,000 post mark.

Dark Souls Thread v2.0 is only around the corner!

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    We need to get it to the 10,000 post mark.

Well, I still have a bit to do in game so I'll defintely be needing assistance between now and the finish. Off on hols next week so there'll be a 2 week absence. The assistance so far has been priceless. I'm in Lost izilath and have just
    saved solaire

Fvcking Harpies...that is all

Finally managed to conquer Queelag rang bell skipped along to Sens fortress :D and Holy B##ls :eek: the Snake dudes, massacre followed. made it in fell and what do I meet AGAIN 2 Spoiler F##king 2 of them. Thought I would be smart and left to try for the tree hollow got seriously cursed and decided to quit for the night YIPPEE

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Must have spent about four hours running around Blighttown last night. Explored every inch of the place by the time I was done. Even ended up
    in by Queelag and when that cut scene started with it coming down the stairs I alt tabbed out and ended the process....serious NOPE moment for me
    . Got sick of dying and ran in there anyway, ended up one shotting it.

Really hate that entire area.

Finally gave up on lost izalith, the sage demon kept making bits of me. Gone to catacombs now and things are progressing nicely, just put down the first boss and ready to keep on rolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Finally gave up on lost izalith, the sage demon kept making bits of me. Gone to catacombs now and things are progressing nicely, just put down the first boss and ready to keep on rolling

One of the few bosses in the game that gave me no issue, he's essentially the same as stray/asylum demon with one new move but that said I never fought him solo that I recall always had someone distracting him for me. There is also a trick to get him stuck

Is that the dude who does that insanely annoying AOE attack?

He wrecked my head for a bit alright.

calex71 wrote: »
    One of the few bosses in the game that gave me no issue, he's essentially the same as stray/asylum demon with one new move but that said I never fought him solo that I recall always had someone distracting him for me. There is also a trick to get him stuck

I've done all the bosses apart from queelag solo so far. I keep getting killed by his initial overhead smash, followed by the swipe just as I get back on my feet. I didnt have much trouble with the asylum demon, but the stray demon did take me about 10 tries before it finally went down. I find some enemies harder to deal with than others. Titanite demons are another weakness of mine.

Is that the dude who does that insanely annoying AOE attack?

He wrecked my head for a bit alright.

yup, and getting behind him doesnt help, it still expands out behind him, takes me off my feet, then just as I stand up, BAM.

If you are a faith build. Magic Barrier/Great Magic Barrier does wonders in reducing damage from his AOE attack.

Btw, you can completely skip that boss fight if you want. All you need to do is
    join the Chaos Servant covenant by talking to Queelag's Sister and give her 30 humanity. Your rank in the Covenant will allow you to open the shortcut to Lost Izalith, the one that is to the passage on the right just before the Firesage boss fight.

• Advertisement

Cravez wrote: »
    If you are a faith build. Magic Barrier/Great Magic Barrier does wonders in reducing damage from his AOE attack.

Btw, you can completely skip that boss fight if you want. All you need to do is
    join the Chaos Servant covenant by talking to Queelag's Sister and give her 30 humanity. Your rank in the Covenant will allow you to open the shortcut to Lost Izalith, the one that is to the passage on the right just before the Firesage boss fight.

I'm playing as a warrior class and have only very basic pyromancy spells.
    I've the shortcut open in an effort to save solaire, however something must be going wrong as he's never sitting where he's supposed to be, even though I've collected the sunlight maggot helmet.
    I also mentioned that titanite demons are my weakness - that one on the long corridor over the lava has taken me down enough times to make me lose my patience with that section for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,088 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'm playing as a warrior class and have only very basic pyromancy spells.
    I've the shortcut open in an effort to save solaire, however something must be going wrong as he's never sitting where he's supposed to be, even though I've collected the sunlight maggot helmet.
    I also mentioned that titanite demons are my weakness - that one on the long corridor over the lava has taken me down enough times to make me lose my patience with that section for a while.

that titanite demon keeps respawning , and dropping demon titanite. upgrade the lifehunt scythe. It's very good against demon firesage or the stray demon. when you have used 30 humanity on the shortcut you may as well take the time and farm the demon titanite and upgrade the boss weapons.

Ah ok, I haven't saved Solaire in ages but yeah I think you have to defeat Firesage Boss and then the Demon Centipede. After the Centipede boss you should see Solaire by the bonfire and after chatting to him then, you go all the way back around to the Shortcut where the Sunlight Maggot was he should be there then.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah ok, I haven't saved Solaire in ages but yeah I think you have to defeat Firesage Boss and then the Demon Centipede. After the Centipede boss you should see Solaire by the bonfire and after chatting to him then, you go all the way back around to the Shortcut where the Sunlight Maggot was he should be there then.

On my first play through I went through all the stuff to save him, but I must have made a mistake as when I go there
    he was waiting for me with the maggot on his head and I had to put him down.
    :(

I think one of the conditions is that you have to open the shortcut and kill the sunlight maggot before you defeat the firesage boss. If you do it after defeating the Firesage boss then Solaire will still be killed.

Don't know for definite though as it has been ages since I originally did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think one of the conditions is that you have to open the shortcut and kill the sunlight maggot before you defeat the firesage boss. If you do it after defeating the Firesage boss then Solaire will still be killed.

Don't know for definite though as it has been ages since I originally did it.

He doesn't appear in the tunnel until after the centipede demon fight , which is after firesage no ?

Correct and he appears at the bonfire right after the Centipede fight where he talks about failing to find his own sun (and gets very depressed). So before this particular encounter you should open up the shortcut and kill the sunlight maggot. For safety's sake maybe open shortcut before Firesage boss just in case, kill the Sunlight Maggot, Kill Firesage Boss, Kill Centipede Boss, Talk to Solaire at bonfire after Centipede Boss. Then go to Lost Izalith the normal way and loop back around to where shortcut is and he should be sitting there without the Sunlight Maggot on his head.

Then you tell him to nut up and you both fight Gywn ;)

calex71 wrote: »
    He doesn't appear in the tunnel until after the centipede demon fight , which is after firesage no ?

I dunno, its very confusing and the wikis are a bit unclear on it as to the proper procedure. I know I've done the following:

1. joined chaos servant covenant and reached level 2 by offering humanity
    2. opened shortcut
    3. killed maggots and obtained helmet
    4. quickly visited lost izilath & returned to demon ruins
    5. found no sign of solaire so I've attempted and failed to defeat the fire sage demon.

Now I'm in catacombs and I've the option of joining gravelord covenant - I'm tempted to do so for the achievement, but i'd ideally like to save solaire.

Now I'm in catacombs and I've the option of joining gravelord covenant - I'm tempted to do so for the achievement, but i'd ideally like to save solaire.

Once you've opened the shortcut it will be open for the rest of the playthrough so you can join any covenant you want. The only reason you needed to join the Chaos Servants was specifically to open the shortcut but being in the covenant itself is not a requirement for saving Solaire.

• Advertisement

Well, last night was probably my final round of Dark Souls for the next fortnight as I'm off on holidays to praise the sun.

made my way well into the tomb of the giants, seems like a great area for farming souls, those skeleton giant dog things can kill you fairly lively with their lunging attack if you're unlucky.

Advertisement