Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah the Green Fog wall is there, on the ledge Leroy invades on.

Stupid Silver Knights making me stupid rage quit.... Stupid stupid..... Bastards

Just roll towards the one to the right as you guy up the ramp, and listen for the arrow shot noise from the one behind you, if you time it right you'll roll through the arrow, if he takes out his sword just run back down the ramp and he'll leg after you, head back to where the gargoyles are and there's more space to fight.

Or he'll just fall of the ledge, whichever works :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anyone on PSN wanna give me a Channelers Trident? Please....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not on PS but remember that one being a pain in you know whats, think it was possibly the last item I needed for knights honour. If I remember I farmed it in Dukes archive. Make sure sure you have the rings , humanity etc. for max item discovery.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You also need to give your soul level.

F1ngers wrote: »
    You also need to give your soul level.

Currently 88 but it will we increasing shortly! Farmed for about 2 hours with CGS and 10 humanity :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ok, where to next? I've upgraded my zweihander to divine so I can deal with skeletons in the catacombs, but should I be going somewhere else first?

Ok, where to next? I've upgraded my zweihander to divine so I can deal with skeletons in the catacombs, but should I be going somewhere else first?

Where have you been so far? if you've beaten O&S then yeah head to the catacombs just to get it out of the way, it's a pain in the balls of an area and the place after it is worse. you can actually get through it super fast though there's a really easy way to get to the boss within a few minutes of getting to the catacombs.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I hope that wasn't your main weapon, it will lose a lot of its STR scaling. I think Divine scales with Faith.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I hope that wasn't your main weapon, it will lose a lot of its STR scaling. I think Divine scales with Faith.

Yeah he'd be better to change it back to a regular Zwei once he's through the catacombs, I only ever used low grade weapons for divine usage, its the only area of the game you need them and once you kill the necromancers that's half the battle anyway. I only ever played the catacombs properly once, ran through it the rest of the times, fcuk that place. Just use the shortcut and get pinwheel out of the way, I used to go there really early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

To go through the Catacombs I mainly just get rid of the Necromancers and then kill the skeletons. Alternatively, downgrade the Occult club found with Havels gear in Anor Londo and it downgrades automatically to Divine. That would be enough to kill skeletons in Catacombs

• Advertisement

Just a quick update / brief

I've Anor Londo done, including the painted world or ariamis and I've gone back to the undead asylum to fight the stray demon & also defeated Sif.
    As far as I can see, whats available to me at the moment is
    The Dukes archives - seems tough, the catacombs - havent tried it with a divine weapon yet, There was a place below the lair of queelag that I didnt explore and theres also the new londo ruins. I've placed the lordvessel on the altar and frampt told me about the boss souls that need to be collected.

The zweihander was probably the best weapon I had in my bottomless box, I've not used it much though, and just picked it as the one I'm going to use to turn divine. My main weapon is the Black Knight halberd+5.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can pretty much go to any of those places now so. There's no real order you need to do them in.

There is a certain item in the lava type areas under queelag that is a great help in the area after the catacombs though if you have no spells that cast light.

You can pretty much go to any of those places now so. There's no real order you need to do them in.

There is a certain item in the lava type areas under queelag that is a great help in the area after the catacombs though if you have no spells that cast light.

Thats where I'll head so. I've almost zero spellcasting ability beyond the basic pyromancy flame and have only 1 attunement slot.

Also - is the true greatsword of astorias worth making? my intelligence and faith are both at 9. I need to get them to 20 to be able to wield it. I'm thinking its a very steep investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If you care and it could possibly help later it's worth spoiling things a little and doing some reading now regarding Solaire

calex71 wrote: »
    If you care and it could possibly help later it's worth spoiling things a little and doing some reading now regarding Solaire

Yup an it also ties in with that item you could do with.

Ok, looks like I need my poison wellies +1, its back through blighttown I go, at least this time I can go the shorter route through valley of the drakes.

Ok, looks like I need my poison wellies +1, its back through blighttown I go, at least this time I can go the shorter route through valley of the drakes.

You got the Lord vessel didn't you? You do realise you can
    fast travel now right?
    :pac:

You got the Lord vessel didn't you? You do realise you can
    fast travel now right?
    :pac:

Yeah, but only between a few bonfires. off the top of my head theres

Anor Londo
    Firelink Shrine
    Depths
    Darkmoon shrine (not sure if this is the name - its by the painted world room)
    Painted World
    Sunlight Altar
    Godess Chamber

Yeah, but only between a few bonfires. off the top of my head theres

Anor Londo
    Firelink Shrine
    Depths
    Darkmoon shrine (not sure if this is the name - its by the painted world room)
    Painted World
    Sunlight Altar
    Godess Chamber

Ah my bad, you might want to check the wikis, there's a hidden bonfire near where you fought Queelag and I'm nearly certain you can warp to it. Try hitting a few walls.

Ah my bad, you might want to check the wikis, there's a hidden bonfire near where you fought Queelag and I'm nearly certain you can warp to it. Try hitting a few walls.

now that you mention it, when I defeated queelag, there was a message left on the ground saying "try attacking". I disregarded it as there were a few of thos egg sacs around and I'd already been advised not to hit them.

a lot of the messages in the game are trolls too - "try jumping" near cliffs being a pretty common one. :pac:

• Advertisement

now that you mention it, when I defeated queelag, there was a message left on the ground saying "try attacking". I disregarded it as there were a few of thos egg sacs around and I'd already been advised not to hit them.

a lot of the messages in the game are trolls too - "try jumping" near cliffs being a pretty common one. :pac:

Yeah it's a sickener as you can never be sure which are trolls and which will lead to an actual secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Queelag kicked my ass last night. That lava is a pain . I also opened the door with the seal in darkroot big mistake the invisible knight what the F##k:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

p38 wrote: »
    Queelag kicked my ass last night. That lava is a pain . I also opened the door with the seal in darkroot big mistake the invisible knight what the F##k:eek:

a bit of research online and you see that the garden is very useful !! :pac:

Ok, gone back down through blighttown, loving that I can now kill the enemies here with ease. I've made my way into queelags lair and found the bonfire.
    so I've gone on further and defeated ceaseless discharge, and cleared the lava field of Taurus demons, looks like capra demons are up next.

Ok, gone back down through blighttown, loving that I can now kill the enemies here with ease. I've made my way into queelags lair and found the bonfire.
    so I've gone on further and defeated ceaseless discharge, and cleared the lava field of Taurus demons, looks like capra demons are up next.

The capras are pretty easy! You can draw them one at a time if you want, but killing 2 or 3 at once isn't difficult

You'll also have to defeat two more bosses before reaching Lost Izalith (where you need to get one of the Lord Souls), fun times ahead!

If you don't want to fight them you'll have to sacrifice a good chunk of humanity to Quelaag's Sister. I won't spoil why.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Gone back to DS for my first ever sorcerer playthrough. Fun so far, at about lvl 30 and using heavy great soul arrows and a magic battle axe +5. Does dex increase casting speed? I have int up to about 25 at the moment but casting takes it's time and I have to switch out to melee alot when fighting.

Man I love this game though. A few hours in with some grinding to get the gear I want and Sens is up next!!! First time I'll get to make use of Big Hat:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

GK1001 wrote: »
    Gone back to DS for my first ever sorcerer playthrough. Fun so far, at about lvl 30 and using heavy great soul arrows and a magic battle axe +5. Does dex increase casting speed? I have int up to about 25 at the moment but casting takes it's time and I have to switch out to melee alot when fighting.

Man I love this game though. A few hours in with some grinding to get the gear I want and Sens is up next!!! First time I'll get to make use of Big Hat:D

i'm not sure about the quicker casting times. Intelligence is a fairly easy way to pass the game IMO. Follow Big Hats story through to get the most powerful staff for casting. Also go for seaths tail for the weapon he drops. you could do this first after anor londo

GK1001 wrote: »

If I remember correctly casting speed maxes at 45 Dex, but I might be wrong

• Advertisement

If I remember correctly casting speed maxes at 45 Dex, but I might be wrong

You are correct but unless you are already using a DEX reliant weapon then it's a waste of stat points as the increase in casting speed isn't worth the investment.

Advertisement