Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

if you have hi dex the baldurs side sword should be grand. there is a npc you can summon for O+S fight, , but if you need humanity you can farm rats under the dragon on the bridge. you can always open the garden and there is a quick trick there to earn fast souls !!

if you are on the first patch, have you used up all of snuggly trades ?? because there was an exploit to keep trading him stuff over and over again. i'm sure there are still some youtube videos on it. did you go into the hollow in the tree at the bottom of blightown. there are alot of crystal lizards down there. and drop alot of titanite slabs etc.

at the bottom of that hollow tree is ash lake, the clams dudes there drop them sometimes, but it could be a few hours grinding for a few twinkling titanite

good luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Urgh, finally got back to playing after nearly a month's break. Made it to gravelord moto and promptly got wrecked by spikes coming out of the ground. Any tips for success?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Urgh, finally got back to playing after nearly a month's break. Made it to gravelord moto and promptly got wrecked by spikes coming out of the ground. Any tips for success?

Get light, Havel's ring or lighter armor and roll like a mad yoke when Nito screams. If you bring a divine weapon you can kill the skeletons for good, as Nito is their necromancer, and fire wrecks him. Don't go towards the back of the cavern or you'll draw the big skeletons

Get light, Havel's ring or lighter armor and roll like a mad yoke when Nito screams. If you bring a divine weapon you can kill the skeletons for good, as Nito is their necromancer, and fire wrecks him. Don't go towards the back of the cavern or you'll draw the big skeletons

Good stuff, I didn't notice that his screams were the warning for that attack. Do I need to attack nito with a divine weapon or can I use my dark knight halberd?

Good stuff, I didn't notice that his screams were the warning for that attack. Do I need to attack nito with a divine weapon or can I use my dark knight halberd?

Nito can be slaughtered with anything, divine is solely for the skellys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

at the bottom of that hollow tree is ash lake, the clams dudes there drop them sometimes, but it could be a few hours grinding for a few twinkling titanite

good luck !![/QUOTE]

Thanks. Decided to farm rats in the depths for humanity (get my discovery rate up) wore the gold serpent ring and after hours i managed to get 8 :(decided then to try for twinkling titanite Went to ash lake destroyed the hydra on my second attempt surprise The clams are hard as nails and what do you know after hours of grinding all they drop are purging stones :mad: no titanite think I will max out my pyromance camp outside andor londo and keep trying the boss's until one of us breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The Clams in the Crystal Cave right before Seath fight drop twinkling titinate easily enough if you have the Gold Covetous ring on. Since the bonfire is right beside them after defeating Seath you can easily farm twinkling titinate witihin a matter of minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Might go back to this game and do an SL1 run. Tried speedrunning it but it just takes way too much of a time investment and I'm not really into doing speedruns in general, just wanted to try it for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Might go back to this game and do an SL1 run. Tried speedrunning it but it just takes way too much of a time investment and I'm not really into doing speedruns in general, just wanted to try it for the game.

I like watching people do speed runs of this
    but I wouldn't personally enjoy it doing it myself.

SL1 run is fun though :) frustrating facing o&s but still fun :D

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I like watching people do speed runs of this
    but I wouldn't personally enjoy it doing it myself.

SL1 run is fun though :) frustrating facing o&s but still fun :D

whats SL1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

whats SL1?

Soul Level 1 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

whats SL1?
    No levelling up - You have to start as Pyromancer I think because it's the only one who starts at SL1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

p38 wrote: »
    Decided to farm rats in the depths for humanity (get my discovery rate up) wore the gold serpent ring and after hours i managed to get 8 :(
    There is a quick run you can do, nets about a dozen rats between going back to the bonfire. Wear the ring, but also pump your humanity up. At least to 2, there's serious diminishing returns after the first one, but if you got to 10 humanity consumed you're pretty much guaranteed a humanity per clear of rats, and using this method I farmed up about 50 humanity relatively quickly one evening, the first few are the hardest, esp if you have none to begin with.

Use some to earn more.

There is a quick run you can do, nets about a dozen rats between going back to the bonfire. Wear the ring, but also pump your humanity up. At least to 2, there's serious diminishing returns after the first one, but if you got to 10 humanity consumed you're pretty much guaranteed a humanity per clear of rats, and using this method I farmed up about 50 humanity relatively quickly one evening, the first few are the hardest, esp if you have none to begin with.

Use some to earn more.

If you have the DLC its stupidly easy to farm, I got 99 in about an hour

I don't know if its been posted before, but this guy beat dark souls using a rock band guitar controller!

http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/08/dark-souls-rock-band-controller/

Anyone who has complained about the difficulty of blight town should go play Demons Souls and the Valley of Defilement

Its like The Gutter and Blighttown had a child that grew up with Hitler as an role model.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone who has complained about the difficulty of blight town should go play Demons Souls and the Valley of Defilement

Its like The Gutter and Blighttown had a child that grew up with Hitler as an role model.

Awful part of the game, I really, really hope Bloodborne doesn't have a segment like that, although it probably will.

krudler wrote: »
    Awful part of the game, I really, really hope Bloodborne doesn't have a segment like that, although it probably will.

They've done it every time so far, its becoming a classic.
    I play light dex, pure melee, so when I meet a large depraved one my first instinct is to roll, thus killing me. Its a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Funny, I played through Demon's Souls for the first time recently, did a blind run. Found that area none too bad. The Shrine of Storms gave me a lot of grief, particularly the section after the Adjudicator.

Funny, I played through Demon's Souls for the first time recently, did a blind run. Found that area none too bad. The Shrine of Storms gave me a lot of grief, particularly the section after the Adjudicator.

I'd find it okay to play through, but I'm searching for all the items in it, which is a whole new story. I'm finding the Shrine of Storms very doable though :confused: Maybe it tailors to a certain play style more than the Dark Souls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Stopped playing the game about 2 months ago for no reason, was close to the end.
    Decided to start playing again this week and just finished it. I think I have one more non required area to complete, but other than that I'm done.
    Played about half an hour on NG+ and it's rediculous how easy it is now, considering when I started it took me two hours just to get to the second bonfire past firelink shrine, and this time around in 30mins I had like three bosses killed.

Stopped playing the game about 2 months ago for no reason, was close to the end.
    Decided to start playing again this week and just finished it. I think I have one more non required area to complete, but other than that I'm done.
    Played about half an hour on NG+ and it's rediculous how easy it is now, considering when I started it took me two hours just to get to the second bonfire past firelink shrine, and this time around in 30mins I had like three bosses killed.

Yeah once you reach Anor London again its much tougher than the first game. The emenies are roughly twice as powerful, but you're several times stronger than you were in the first half of the game, so it cancels out.

I got to the 4 Kings without dying on NG+, still haven't beaten them on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

After finishing this game God knows how many times on various characters and one on NG9+ or something, I'm tempted to start again :/

Unlike the players I doubt this thread will ever die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

You swear dark souls sold 50 million copies just how dedicated and fun the community is.

Over 500 pages so far

Lets keep it going ;D

How have you been here for 4 years Richy? You're not still doing playthroughs are you?

glad you guys can talk about another play through i still haven't finished the game for the first time I don't get much time to game but i am still trying to beat the 2 bosses together smough and ornstein. Not online so playing it all by my lonesome but i have made it this far and will keep going:). Got ahead of myself and picked up dark souls 2 its still on the shelf covered in dust. I am having trouble with the royal sentinels outside the bosses:o keep dying and losing my humanity so i can't summon npc:mad:

glad you guys can talk about another play through i still haven't finished the game for the first time I don't get much time to game but i am still trying to beat the 2 bosses together smough and ornstein. Not online so playing it all by my lonesome but i have made it this far and will keep going:). Got ahead of myself and picked up dark souls 2 its still on the shelf covered in dust. I am having trouble with the royal sentinels outside the bosses:o keep dying and losing my humanity so i can't summon npc:mad:

Solaire is a godsend for the O&S fight! As is Great Combustion or a Fire Weapon.

Feck those Sentinels

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

Just be calm about it, don't rush anything. The trick I found is maintain your life and score a hit when you can. Learn their movesets if you can while you're busy surviving and you can learn when to get a hit in. Just focus on not getting hit and dealing damage regularly but do not try to take half their health with one opening you will get slaughtered.

You can take on the royal sentinels one by one by luring them in with a now, or do what I do and roll through their legs or around them when theyre about to hit you.

Thanks for the info started luring the sentinels up the steps and jump attacking them with my occult club seems to take a lot of damage off them but mistime it and BYE BYE. This game is an addiction think i will go back on the smokes not as bad for your health :D

• Advertisement

Get atleast under 50% and roll to avoid the Sentinels swipes. Have you killed Pinwheel yet? If not I'd recommend chasing him down to Gert some more Estus flasks

Advertisement