Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Decided to have a go at Sif
    last night :mad: rage quit after about 2 hrs. I am finding him the hardest Ba****d so far that double swing with the large sword is annihilating me. Another question is it worth joining the forest covenant or to keep using them for soul farming I cant decide I saw somewhere that the forest covenant is only for online play against other players :confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

p38 wrote: »
    Decided to have a go at Sif
    last night :mad: rage quit after about 2 hrs. I am finding him the hardest Ba****d so far that double swing with the large sword is annihilating me. Another question is it worth joining the forest covenant or to keep using them for soul farming I cant decide I saw somewhere that the forest covenant is only for online play against other players :confused:

Yeah it's a PvP covenant. If you join you get a ring, and while you wear the ring you'll be summoned to invade players who enter the forest in human form. It's a pretty notorious covenant for ganking but can be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I spent ages farming knights in the church . I got 8000 souls and then I go upstairs and there is a gargoyle boss . Dies and loses an hours worth of play :(
    My first rage quit .

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I spent ages farming knights in the church . I got 8000 souls and then I go upstairs and there is a gargoyle boss . Dies and loses an hours worth of play :(
    My first rage quit .

Know how you feel. Started farming souls before Sif Think I was up to 40,000 souls and 6 Humanity got completely engrossed in the game forgot to use the souls to level up or upgrade went into Sif lasted maybe 5 secs or less all gone:mad:. Sat staring at the tv do I scream or cry you gotta luv this game. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Know how you feel. Started farming souls before Sif Think I was up to 40,000 souls and 6 Humanity got completely engrossed in the game forgot to use the souls to level up or upgrade went into Sif lasted maybe 5 secs or less all gone:mad:. Sat staring at the tv do I scream or cry you gotta luv this game. :D

If you are fighting sif and 40,000 souls is a lot at that point you are fighting him way earlier than I would ever have. 40k is nothing in this game!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

The beauty of dark souls :)
    I guess it's the first of many rage quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Do a run, straight past everything don't stop... don't panic, get to sif and grab the souls, run away like a coward as far as possible then homeward bone out.

Take a break to get over the shakes. Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Eventually 40k will seem like 40 souls lol you'll be spending that going up a level later on.

new qwertee to vote on:

53100.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

krudler wrote: »
    new qwertee to vote on:

53100.jpg

That's savage. I'm on the ferry home from holidays, I'm jonesing for a fix of dark souls like no ones business!

• Advertisement

Took a break from darksouls for a couple of days "cold turkey". Then started into anor londo last night slowly slowly pushing my way through THEN :eek: the archers on the sides of the building as I work my way down :mad: They are cutting me to sh*t do I need better poise to deflect the F**kers arrows? I am actually dreaming of when I reach them and what I will do to them cutting them to bits:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Took a break from darksouls for a couple of days "cold turkey". Then started into anor londo last night slowly slowly pushing my way through THEN :eek: the archers on the sides of the building as I work my way down :mad: They are cutting me to sh*t do I need better poise to deflect the F**kers arrows? I am actually dreaming of when I reach them and what I will do to them cutting them to bits:o
    Just run past them - don't engage them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sprint like hell and rush the one on the right, he often falls when he tries to draw his sword. Just listen for the one behind you firing and try and roll through the arrows. Don't bother trying to block them up there as they will probably push you off the edge anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dual hand the drake sword, itll blow him off the ledge

Run up the ramp cos they cant hit you there, once you hit the ledge keep an ear for the one behind you shooting an arrow, roll through the arrow the one in front sends your way. Now, if you finish the roll close enough he'll pull out a sword and engage you, if you want just leg it back down the ramp and fight him with more space, he might even fall off on the way. Otherwise just run right to him and he'll either fall off when you block or you'll push him.

I need another dark souls one to go with the 3 I already have, can't own an odd number of dark souls tshirts it wouldn't be right, at least thats the excuse I'm going to use with herself.

Edit: You missed this one maybe

http://www.qwertee.com/tees/vote/selected#house-solaire-reworked this one is a little rough looking though
    52861.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Keep getting a crash to desktop when I try to start a new game with a new character using the steam version of the game. Anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

Edit: Load game won't load either, tried verifying the game cache, reinstalling games for windows live manually. Nothing is working

Edit: Figured it out, apparently antiailising should be off, not on....no idea how it magically turned itself on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Passed them last night on a run. You can cheap them from range with poison arrows, but it's tough.
    Best bet is to them, don't lock on though, it can mess you up withe the knock back. Just try to push past the one on the right, loop around and drop down.
    First door on the left for the next bonfire.

It's funny, I used poison arrows quite a bit in DS2 but I don't even remember them being a thing in the first game at all.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's funny, I used poison arrows quite a bit in DS2 but I don't even remember them being a thing in the first game at all.

I was the opposite, did use them in DS2 but I made bigger use of them in the 1st game to take out many a large beast from range. I can't remember now but did they even fix it where enemies over a certain distance wouldn't even aggro when hit by them in DS2? I was quiet liberal exploiting that in valley of the drakes and anor londo :pac:

Actually now I think of it I did use them heavily on the steps up to drangleic castle. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

calex71 wrote: »
    I was the opposite, did use them in DS2 but I made bigger use of them in the 1st game to take out many a large beast from range. I can't remember now but did they even fix it where enemies over a certain distance wouldn't even aggro when hit by them in DS2? I was quiet liberal exploiting that in valley of the drakes and anor londo :pac:

Actually now I think of it I did use them heavily on the steps up to drangleic castle. :o

Now that I found d the merchant for them sif is going down, spent the last two hours on him but I should beat him next try

stuchyg wrote: »
    Now that I found d the merchant for them sif is going down, spent the last two hours on him but I should beat him next try

I found the best way to beat Sif is tank up and just stand right under him, use your biggest most powerful attacks and just glug estus when he backs away.

Passed them last night on a run. You can cheap them from range with poison arrows, but it's tough.
    Best bet is to them, don't lock on though, it can mess you up withe the knock back. Just try to push past the one on the right, loop around and drop down.
    First door on the left for the next bonfire.

Took your advice ran passed everything until I reached the Archers stood at the corner and sniped the archer on the right "used prob 60+ poison arrows they dont seem to get poisoned and 15 large wooden arrows it took ages (I was using the black bow 4+ it was only causing 12 damage) finally killed him and ran like a B*t*h I left the other archer entered the building and found the shrine
    opened a few doors and now I think I am F**ked:eek:

Took your advice ran passed everything until I reached the Archers stood at the corner and sniped the archer on the right "used prob 60+ poison arrows they dont seem to get poisoned and 15 large wooden arrows it took ages (I was using the black bow 4+ it was only causing 12 damage) finally killed him and ran like a B*t*h I left the other archer entered the building and found the shrine
    opened a few doors and now I think I am F**ked:eek:

Lmao if you think so you are half right, in fact you are
    doubly fooked
    :pac:

calex71 wrote: »
    Lmao if you think so you are half right, in fact you are
    doubly fooked
    :pac:

One of the best boss fights ever ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Did you solo Smough and Ornstein? Fair play if you did!

Went to Laurec got the fire keepers soul back. :) before I returned to firelink shrine took a quick look through the boss fog gate in anor londo :eek: this is going to be interesting. Decided to have another run through blight town (just because I love it so much););) and what do you know I am still useless there how i managed to get through it the first time i will never know i must have fallen to my death a hundred times this evening :mad: Put me back in my place at how good i am at playing dark souls :o The reason I am back in blight town is to try and tackle the Hollow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Went to Laurec got the fire keepers soul back. :) before I returned to firelink shrine took a quick look through the boss fog gate in anor londo :eek: this is going to be interesting. Decided to have another run through blight town (just because I love it so much););) and what do you know I am still useless there how i managed to get through it the first time i will never know i must have fallen to my death a hundred times this evening :mad: Put me back in my place at how good i am at playing dark souls :o The reason I am back in blight town is to try and tackle the Hollow

Leave the hollow until after the Anor Londo boss fight. You will regret it if you don't

Managed to get myself into and after a long slog out of the painted world :). As my Xbox is not online I am playing the game offline I can not download patch's for the game so the big blacksmith in Anor Londo does not sell twinkling titanite:mad: I have got all the twinkling titanite from trades with the crow. question is am i ****ed? I cant upgrade weapons or armor and the armor and weapon I have (Havels armour Balders sidesword 10 ) are absolutely Sh*t against the boss's of Andor londor where I am currently stuck Sorry about the long whingy post any help appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Managed to get myself into and after a long slog out of the painted world :). As my Xbox is not online I am playing the game offline I can not download patch's for the game so the big blacksmith in Anor Londo does not sell twinkling titanite:mad: I have got all the twinkling titanite from trades with the crow. question is am i ****ed? I cant upgrade weapons or armor and the armor and weapon I have (Havels armour Balders sidesword 10 ) are absolutely Sh*t against the boss's of Andor londor where I am currently stuck Sorry about the long whingy post any help appreciated.

Switch Havel's for something lighter to move faster maybe? Theifs set was always a favorite? You've been pumping Dex I presume. If you can get a fire weapon, such as Queelags FurySword it can make quick work of them. Just keep trying to fight them, going from the first Anor Londo bonfire is faster than the one under the bridge, and with light armor you should be able to dodge everything and reach them again faster.

Soloing O&S is very difficult, but it can be done, took me about 30 attempts the first time :( Kill Ornstein (The small one) first, and just keep on moving!

Advertisement