Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The hydra and queelag are no more....

Mildred made it the easiest boss battle so far.

Others will speak out against this for sure, but for me personally her souls saw me through from the point where you could forge boss souls right through to NG++ and a fair bit of pvp in between. I highly suggest you make a queelag fury sword and have +10 humanity to buff it. it really was my favourite weapon in the game with some gear to supplement it I just loved it!!!!. For me being honest it was like a drake sword mark II but it just suited me to a T i never found a weapon and gear combo in DS2 that I was even close to being as comfortable with :(

calex71 wrote: »
    Others will speak out against this for sure, but for me personally her souls saw me through from the point where you could forge boss souls right through to NG++ and a fair bit of pvp in between. I highly suggest you make a queelag fury sword and have +10 humanity to buff it. it really was my favourite weapon in the game with some gear to supplement it I just loved it!!!!. For me being honest it was like a drake sword mark II but it just suited me to a T i never found a weapon and gear combo in DS2 that I was even close to being as comfortable with :(

Can somebody explain what the humanity vials are for? I take one and my health goes back up like the estus flask.

+10 humanity to buff it up???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can somebody explain what the humanity vials are for? I take one and my health goes back up like the estus flask.

+10 humanity to buff it up???

if you look in the top left you will see the counter , at 10 it will have max affect on item discovery and stacks with gear like the serpent ring. It also has influence on some weapons and can also boost resistances.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Everything you need to know here: http://darksouls.wikidot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It boosts the power of Chaos weapons, and boosts item discovery.

When you want to go human quickly, Kindle a bonfire or level up in a covenant, using the humanity you find is the fastest way to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

It boosts the power of Chaos weapons, and boosts item discovery.

When you want to go human quickly, Kindle a bonfire or level up in a covenant, using the humanity you find is the fastest way to do it

You don't need to Kindle a bonfire, you can just reverse hollow at it?

You don't need to Kindle a bonfire, you can just reverse hollow at it?

There's a boss you'll beat later on (or now if you want
    Pinwheel
    ) who drops an item called the Rite of Kindling, which allows you to Kindle bonfires when human. Kindling a bonfire increases the amount of Estus Flasks you get from sitting at it, to a max of 20 Estus!

There's a boss you'll beat later on (or now if you want
    Pinwheel
    ) who drops an item called the Rite of Kindling, which allows you to Kindle bonfires when human. Kindling a bonfire increases the amount of Estus Flasks you get from sitting at it, to a max of 20 Estus!

I don't think I've killed that boss yet, but I'm able to kindle bonfires atm when human and pretty sure I could do it since the start of the game. I know I've definitely kindled at least two different bonfires. Unless you mean this ring allows you to kindle without offering 1 Humanity?

I don't think I've killed that boss yet, but I'm able to kindle bonfires atm when human and pretty sure I could do it since the start of the game. I know I've definitely kindled at least two different bonfires. Unless you mean this ring allows you to kindle without offering 1 Humanity?

So you can Kindle from the start.... Sh1t....You can only Kindle to 10 Estus though? Rite of Kindling allows you to Kindle to 20 Flasks. He's in the Catacombs by the way, bring a divine weapon.
    with the Rite you still need humanity though, definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

You can kindle any bonfire from the get go to 10 flasks. Getting the Rite of Kindling allows you kindle all bonfires to get max 20 flasks. One humanity for each kindle gives you 5 extra flasks so to kindle a bonfire to full 20 flasks you need to use 3 humanity in total.

Reverse hollowing at a bonfire costs 1 humanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is humanity easier to come by as the game progresses? I've never got mine above 3, and I keep the twin humanity pickups so i can kindle bonfires when needed.

Is humanity easier to come by as the game progresses? I've never got mine above 3, and I keep the twin humanity pickups so i can kindle bonfires when needed.

If you really need it you can buy it from the merchant in the sewer that connects firelink shrine to the depths. It cost 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

ya it comes by quite easy, but on my first run through I actually ran out of them in anor lando against O+S and I was stuck their for like 30 hours trying to beat them haha I recommend trying to save as many as you can before going in their, because O+S on a first run are really hard, like they make you cry with rage kinda hard haha

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    ya it comes by quite easy, but on my first run through I actually ran out of them in anor lando against O+S and I was stuck their for like 30 hours trying to beat them haha I recommend trying to save as many as you can before going in their, because O+S on a first run are really hard, like they make you cry with rage kinda hard haha

I must have used up close to 10 humanity there as I kept dying fighting those two and needed the Solice Knight guy to help.

I must have used up close to 10 humanity there as I kept dying fighting those two and needed the Solice Knight guy to help.

I ended up killing him at the bonfire to get humanity to summon people haha when all that humanity was gone I killed the black smith, worse thing I've could of done he was probably the best black smith in the whole game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Assuming you all have the Prepare to Die Edition, farming humanity is very easy in the DLC Area called Chasm of the Abyss. There's humanity sprites, which essentially are sentient forms of the humanity you carry around and killing them has a chance of dropping single or twin humanities. You can access the DLC area after getting the Lord Vessel in Anor Londo.

Is the prepare to die edition just the same game with the DLC? and is the DLC worth buying?

Is the prepare to die edition just the same game with the DLC? and is the DLC worth buying?

prepare to die edition is the dlc included
    its worth every penny :) its an example of how dlc should be done

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,200 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

the DLC is epic, I only played it recently. It's the best part of the game, has 3 of the best boss fights and also has the best story/lore and characters (apart from Solaire of course ;) ). Highly recommend getting it, and playing it before you fight Sif in your play through.

cool, i think i'll give it a download, im getting more playtime out of this game i got for free than some of the stuff I have for xbox one. Be happy to send a few quid the developers way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well it's been a while since posting in here.

Today i finally decided I'm going to play the dlc I purchased a year or so ago in that psn sale!

Loaded up my new game plus character and so far I've rang both bells (dear lord Blighttown.. I do not miss you) and killed the hydra, crystal golem behind the hydra and said yes to the npc.

So next up is to go to Sens Fortress I believe.

tok9 wrote: »
    Well it's been a while since posting in here.

Today i finally decided I'm going to play the dlc I purchased a year or so ago in that psn sale!

Loaded up my new game plus character and so far I've rang both bells (dear lord Blighttown.. I do not miss you) and killed the hydra, crystal golem behind the hydra and said yes to the npc.

So next up is to go to Sens Fortress I believe.

Yep Sens, you have to complete Anor Londo and reach The Dukes Archives before you can enter the DLC

Yup.. finally made it and beat the first boss. Man is this game still great. Pity about the framerate at times.

Got a nice surprise just before passing that second bridge.. those are the moments I love.

Well the artorias knight is damn tough. Got him down to about a 1/5 health and I was logged off the network so it stopped the fight :(

Doesn't seem to be as much summon activity although that could be down to the time.

Helped someone else beat the dragon which was my first time seeing it. I'm not sure he's any easier :p

Right well I finally managed to beat him. Just took some good timing and patience.

Then went on to lose all the 150,000 souls and 6 Humanity as I was invaded and then rushing back to get them.. I did something stupid :(

Leave it there for the night.

Well the DLC is well worth it anyway. Really enjoying it. Only have the dragon left to beat which looks like it may take a while.

I'm beginning to think my levels are all over the place as I'm only doing about 200-250 damage with my +5 Raw Halbred.

I've:
    Vit 38
    Att 12
    End 37
    Stre 39
    Dex 28
    Res 14
    Int 14
    Fai 9

I use the Raw Halbred and Greatshield of Artorias.

Any way I can readjust my stats or anyone have a recommendation on a weapon I should use?

tok9 wrote: »
    Well the DLC is well worth it anyway. Really enjoying it. Only have the dragon left to beat which looks like it may take a while.

I'm beginning to think my levels are all over the place as I'm only doing about 200-250 damage with my +5 Raw Halbred.

I've:
    Vit 38
    Att 12
    End 37
    Stre 39
    Dex 28
    Res 14
    Int 14
    Fai 9

I use the Raw Halbred and Greatshield of Artorias.

Any way I can readjust my stats or anyone have a recommendation on a weapon I should use?

You can't readjust stats in this game, but a raw weapon is being wasted with such high strength, your Dex is pretty high too. Have you any good strength weapons? Like Zweihander? Most greatswords will be better, check for something with A or B scaling, and don't Raw infuse it! Get it to normal +15

defeated the crystal golem, and had a tough tussle with the humans and giant cats in darkroot garden, defeated the red dragon on the bridge as well tonight.

now sens fortress is making me rage. first time so far that I've quit in frustration. I'll come at it again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,242 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

sens is ok, just a few nasty beams to walk over , and you will be fine. if it is pissing you off , look up the next bonfire when you get out in the open again , so as not to have to do it all again.

also, you are very near the majestic Anor Londo now :)

• Advertisement

Sens is a nightmare the first time, but once you've beaten it, you can run through in about 5 minutes everytime after, even without the shortcut. Make sure you don't miss the covetous gold ring

Advertisement