Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Havel is also easily parryable. Just gtf out of the way if he goes two handed.

thats the one thing I didnt like about that small fight
    on my first playthrough without any guide
    I terrible struggled to kill him , i think I died about 40 times in the whole playthrough before I killed him, even then I was like lvl 120 and struggled
    then I started reading up guides to see if I missed anything and found out all you had to do was backstab him a few times
    I can beat him sl1 :/ feels like cheating ha

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Am at the Bell Gargoyles now, I have no resin left to give my sword any lighting cos I stupidly wasted it on the Taurus Demon and made a balls of the drop attack off the tower and now and am getting my ass kicked, I can manage fine until the 2nd one joins the fight then I either get roasted as I'm fighting one or the two of them just hammer me. Is there any way to get more gold resin aside from that chest in Undead Burg?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

krudler wrote: »
    Am at the Bell Gargoyles now, I have no resin left to give my sword any lighting cos I stupidly wasted it on the Taurus Demon and made a balls of the drop attack off the tower and now and am getting my ass kicked, I can manage fine until the 2nd one joins the fight then I either get roasted as I'm fighting one or the two of them just hammer me. Is there any way to get more gold resin aside from that chest in Undead Burg?

My DS is a little rusty but if you go into human form there is an NPC you can summon who helps out a lot in that fight. You should see a summon sign on the ground somewhere near the fog wall.

My DS is a little rusty but if you go into human form there is an NPC you can summon who helps out a lot in that fight. You should see a summon sign on the ground somewhere near the fog wall.

I let some dude in gold armour out of a prison just before it, that him? am loving this, its bastard hard but you want to keep at it, even low level enemies can overwhelm and hack you to pieces, thought I was a badass going into a room with a load of hollows in it, got murdered as they surrounded me. the relief of seeing a bonfire is something else :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,146 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did you meet a chap called Solaire before the bridge wyvern? You should be able to summon him too. The bell gargoyle's are a formality with Solaire and Lautrec (gold armour guy).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I've decided that I need to get at least one platinum trophy before the ps4 comes out and it just has to be this game. So I'm going to be playing over the next week if anyone needs help with anything or just wants to bash some phantoms in the forest. I've got 2x lvl120, 2x lvl100, a lvl50 and a lvl15 characters.

PSN Remi223

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    I've decided that I need to get at least one platinum trophy before the ps4 comes out and it just has to be this game. So I'm going to be playing over the next week if anyone needs help with anything or just wants to bash some phantoms in the forest. I've got 2x lvl120, 2x lvl100, a lvl50 and a lvl15 characters.

PSN Remi223

Went back to finish the knights honor trophy, Also need to grab the Cyrstal weapon upgrade path (easy enough) and the Fire weapon upgrade path. If you need any slabs/chunks or armours/weapons I can help you out in exchange for boss souls :) My knights honor character is roughly lv55 at the mo, I might send you a message once I hit closer to 100.

Hopefully I'll have the knights honor achievement in a day or two and can exchange stuff like Priscilla's Dagger and the black knight/silver knight weapons etc.

PSN astrotuned :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you meet a chap called Solaire before the bridge wyvern? You should be able to summon him too. The bell gargoyle's are a formality with Solaire and Lautrec (gold armour guy).

I could only get Solaire to appear the other summon failed, still made short enough work of the gargoyles though, i like how all the areas link together, can get easily back to the fire shrine now, yay for x10 estus flasks. I met the demon boss after the gargoyles, methinks another summon is in order, got him down to bout 1/4 health but he's tough enough. Got some resin to make fire appear on my sword from that ould one in the tunnel to firelink shrine so will give that a go against him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

demon boss?

--edit

oh, do you mean the fella with the tail, underneath where the blacksmith is?

demon boss?

--edit

oh, do you mean the fella with the tail, underneath where the blacksmith is?

he's in this area with loads of dogs and some ninja looking guys with hoods who come out of doors, there's a tunnel that leads into the tunnel from firelink to undead burg at the beginning, cabra demon or something i think he was called

• Advertisement

oh and now that you've rung one of the bells of awakening I'm going to leave this video here

it's kinda spoilerific, it's an optional thing in the game but doing it unlocks another (awesome) optional area in the game and really there's absolutely no way in hell you're going to know about it on your first playthrough (unless you picked a certain starting gift and .. had a certain amount of humanityu or something.. im not entirely sure how it works)

main point im trying to make is that you really should do this, there's no way in hell you're going to realise it on your own.. but its up to you whether or not you want to click this video link and see how to do it

video is pretty short, only shows you the basics of how to get to the area

also, it's kinda ****ing hard.

---edit

also justin case any smart ****er chimes in, I know how to embed videos.. i didn't do it in case he was a spoiler purist. kthx

he's in this area with loads of dogs and some ninja looking guys with hoods who come out of doors, there's a tunnel that leads into the tunnel from firelink to undead burg at the beginning, cabra demon or something i think he was called

aaah yeah, lower undead burg. he was a bastard, mainly cos of the dogs.

Yeah, i got the dogs quick enough but he hammered me, went up the stairs and rolled off as he attacked and when he lands he crouches so waded into him, got a bit overzealous the 2nd time though and he mangled me. I like how it rewards patiences, going in all swords blazing will get you nowhere.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Went back to finish the knights honor trophy, Also need to grab the Cyrstal weapon upgrade path (easy enough) and the Fire weapon upgrade path. If you need any slabs/chunks or armours/weapons I can help you out in exchange for boss souls :) My knights honor character is roughly lv55 at the mo, I might send you a message once I hit closer to 100.

Hopefully I'll have the knights honor achievement in a day or two and can exchange stuff like Priscilla's Dagger and the black knight/silver knight weapons etc.

PSN astrotuned :)

I'm down to just needing one more sif soul and seath's tail for the platinum. I'm gonna get them myself but I can trade anything I don't need. It's on my 120 character though but I can help you on my 50 character or one of the 100's if you level up.
    Won't be on this evening so maybe tomorrow or durin the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Probably have them , soul level 80/125/165 on PS3

I'm down to just needing one more sif soul and seath's tail for the platinum. I'm gonna get them myself but I can trade anything I don't need. It's on my 120 character though but I can help you on my 50 character or one of the 100's if you level up.
    Won't be on this evening so maybe tomorrow or durin the week.

cool what I'll try do is get the character I'm playing through up to level 100, just finished the first playthrough, gonna farm the silver knights for their gear tonight and try get summoned a few for Orn+Smough for souls to upgrade spears and junk for the boss souls, then head to lost ilizath. I've a few characters around lv 75 that I could probably grab a Sif and moonlight sword for you easy. I'll check and see if I have a quick route to 100 with one of them too :)

Need A sif soul for myself, pretty sure everything else can be done in 2 runs.

Woohoo got a summon working and twatted him good, in the Depths now, I was going through an area with a load of hollows carrying fire and dogs and heard this weird clanking sound, saw some big dude chopping meat and stupidly thought he was an NPC, didn't realise he was an enemy, fighting two dogs when he strolled over and battered me.

Danonino. wrote: »
    cool what I'll try do is get the character I'm playing through up to level 100, just finished the first playthrough, gonna farm the silver knights for their gear tonight and try get summoned a few for Orn+Smough for souls to upgrade spears and junk for the boss souls, then head to lost ilizath. I've a few characters around lv 75 that I could probably grab a Sif and moonlight sword for you easy. I'll check and see if I have a quick route to 100 with one of them too :)

Need A sif soul for myself, pretty sure everything else can be done in 2 runs.

I'll be doing another run anyway so don't worry bout giving me anything. Ill add you later.

Woohoo got a summon working and twatted him good, in the Depths now, I was going through an area with a load of hollows carrying fire and dogs and heard this weird clanking sound, saw some big dude chopping meat and stupidly thought he was an NPC, didn't realise he was an enemy, fighting two dogs when he strolled over and battered me.

I love reading posts about someone enjoying a souls game for the first time and not bitching about difficulty or the checkpoints. It takes me back :p

she's actually a she :)

• Advertisement

I love reading posts about someone enjoying a souls game for the first time and not bitching about difficulty or the checkpoints. It takes me back :p

I'll admit I didn't get Demon's Souls, I never gave it enough time. Am absolutely loving this though, dying is a learning tool, yeah it can be annoying trudging back to an area to fight a boss again you just want to get back there but rushing it never ends well.
    And 90% of the time if you die it's your own fault, I've cursed the controls for sending me rolling off ledges a few times alright but usually it's from rushing or not feeling out an enemy that gets you murdered. I don't really mind replaying sections as you're constantly bettering yourself and combat techniques or trying new weapons and tactics, going into new areas is fun too, shield up, check the corners, never assume anywhere is safe.

she's actually a she :)

Really? jaysus..

so I met Havel.

That went well :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,146 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

so I met Havel.

I got him to follow me up to the top of the tower, he wont come out onto the steps so you can get a few cheap shots in while he's backing away into the tower again.
    Cheap but it worked :pac:

hehehe, that's nasty
    i always got him to follow me up one flight of stairs, so if I died i'd be able to easily reclaim my souls without agro'ing him

krudler.. if you're going to do that thing in my video, do it before or just after blighttown. literally just after though, otherwise there's not much point

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

so I met Havel.

STOP, DROP and ROLL! Or well don't stop or drop, just roll and backstab.
    And use some Gold Pine Resin if you have it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I got him to follow me up to the top of the tower, he wont come out onto the steps so you can get a few cheap shots in while he's backing away into the tower again.
    Cheap but it worked :pac:

Someone mentioned not going down the stairs, and every time I pass through that area where you climb up or go down to him there's "tough enemy" messages. they weren't lying. I walked down, saw him, he tore towards me before I could even process what was happening, I dove off the stairs and then by the time I thought "is that a big tooth he's holding?" I was dead lol

I had a look at the wiki and backstabbing seems to be my friend, will go back to him later and have another go.

Question about classes, prob been answered on here but theres a lot of pages, can I learn spells as a knight? or are you stuck with melee weapons and bows?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Question about classes, prob been answered on here but theres a lot of pages, can I learn spells as a knight? or are you stuck with melee weapons and bows?

Every class can become an expert at everything.

EDIT: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/

• Advertisement

HA ended up playing till all hours and grabbing all the trophys at silly o'clock :pac:

Kinda embarrassed to say I've now 100% completed Dark Souls on 360 and PS3. I have a lv2 Cleric run saved at the 4 kings, but I think I'm done. Really done this time. Roll on Dark Souls 2 :D

Advertisement