Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

If you're stats aren't great make it into a lightning +4(don't want to waste a slab) then when you're stats are good enough modify it back to +10 then go up 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Kalameet....

How do you beat this bastard?! I'm SL 75 or so and having no luck against him solo (having beaten the Sanctuary Guardian the first time I met him and Artorias on about the fifth try, while hollow), can barely get one or two hits in before dying. Wearing Black Iron +5 / Elite Knight +7 armour and using the Lifehunt Scythe +3 and Eagle Shield +12.

Have given up my plan of chopping his tail off for the weapon and just want to beat him, but I'm thinking I'll have no luck without summoning help. Can I summon more than one player?

You can summon 2, if you got the black knight knight shield i'd upgrade it as much as possible, good stability and the best fire res in the game(handy Vs kalameet). I'd definately look to upgrading the scythe or getting a stronger weapon. Patience is the key to kalameet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

You can summon 2, if you got the black knight knight shield i'd upgrade it as much as possible, good stability and the best fire res in the game(handy Vs kalameet). I'd definately look to upgrading the scythe or getting a stronger weapon. Patience is the key to kalameet.

All of Kalameets breath attacks are magic based. You are much better off with the crest shield from the undead asylum. My advice is to try your best to stay under him and take a swing after each of his. Also just remember to dodge his screech attack with the red light. If you get hit by that you will take some damage but mainly, you will now take double damage from everything for as long as the effect stays.

I can't remember what you said you're on but if you're on pc I can help. I solo's him with my Iron Tarsus build, +15 Great sword and a +15 great shield.

Anyone want a hand with anything on the PC? Currently bored out of my skull.

• Advertisement

Will have to let you know the next time I'm planning to take on Kalameet - I'm SL 75 or so, can I summon you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Eat dirt smough, eat dirt ornstein, hello Lordvessel. Playing through completely blind for first time, about 60 hours played at this point. Killed smough first though, which a friend afterwards told me is not normal. Oh well, that was the way I found easier. Currently traversing the dukes archives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I would have thought different, more items from Ornstein if you kill him last such as the Leo ring. Plus I find Super Smough to be more of a pain than Super Ornstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

There was an excellent discussion about Dark Souls the latest episode of the Weekend Confirmed podcast. The guest they had on, Dan Trachtenberg, spoke very eloquently about what it is that makes Dark Souls what it is. Listening to it really made me feel that I would like to return to the game at some stage and try again.

ionapaul wrote: »
    Will have to let you know the next time I'm planning to take on Kalameet - I'm SL 75 or so, can I summon you?

Yeah that's no bother. I'm usually on from around 6 ish. My character is lvl 85 so it should be ok for summoning.

• Advertisement

Will be online for the next 30 minutes or so, hanging around in front of the Kalameet fog door or up near the Artoras door (to summon and then lead people down to Kalameet). I believe my Windows Live ID is the same as on here!

Argh, had summoned help versus Kalameet four times there and twice had him down to less than 10% health, both times I foolishly got too involved in the action and died! The second time was unforgivable, had two players helping and they had it in hand, they are probably cursing my name right now :) Will try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I spent about 4 hours tonight I think, getting crushed by S&O again and again. Closest I got was Super Smough down to about 50% health :(

Maybe tomorrow.

You should summon help for these guys. You don't lose the amount of souls you get from defeating them if you do and at least others will get some souls and humanity for helping. Usually a lot of people place their signs at the bonfire.

Here's my GT for anyone that is stuck: Hunter8842. Send me a message if you need hlep. Should be on from about half 8/9 onwards. On PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

19.99 on Xbox live now so lads tell me will i like this, I have Skyrim for Ps3 but i don't play it that often , Most of that reason was i got it for Ps3 for xmas i use my Xbox way more

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I finally managed to beat Tubs & Tiles tonight (solo), I must have been killed near 50 times altogether, Goddamn.

My main problem was that Super Smough's electric butt slam would wipe me every time, I just couldn't dodge the blast. Ended up upgrading my Tower Shield to +5 and I was able to tank pretty much everything they threw at me, including the super butt slam. Man-Serpent Great Sword +10 to seal the deal, with strength stat at 36.

I think I need to take another break for a few weeks. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

19.99 on Xbox live now so lads tell me will i like this, I have Skyrim for Ps3 but i don't play it that often , Most of that reason was i got it for Ps3 for xmas i use my Xbox way more

i don't have an xbox , but there is plenty of activity on the PS3 still, and i'd imagine the same on the xbox.

it's nothing really like Skyrim. there is no real story explained to you, and combat in dark souls is a huge part of it, and works way way better than Skyrim. There is also a sort of unique multiplayer aspect to the game that adds countless hours to an already long but fantastic game !!

if you don't like it at the start, stick with it for a few hours and give it a chance. you will get into the swing of it quickly, plus there are great wiki sites for it if you ever get stuck

Die Kalameet, die! :) Finally got him, with the help of two others. On to Manus I reckon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

And its done! tough game!
    whens the next one out lol.

• Advertisement

After sinking immense hours into the game, for the first time yesterday I dipped me toes into the world of invading another persons world to kill them. One person I invaded killed me first time in two hits, second time I invaded the same person again and I went aggressive and managed to kill him without him landing a blow on me. The end result was me earning 870k+ souls :eek:

Would this be a legit amount of souls to receive after killing someone? The guy had armor and a weapon I haven't seen yet (I haven't completed the game) so I assumed he was a ligher level SL than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

After sinking immense hours into the game, for the first time yesterday I dipped me toes into the world of invading another persons world to kill them. One person I invaded killed me first time in two hits, second time I invaded the same person again and I went aggressive and managed to kill him without him landing a blow on me. The end result was me earning 870k+ souls :eek:

Would this be a legit amount of souls to receive after killing someone? The guy had armor and a weapon I haven't seen yet (I haven't completed the game) so I assumed he was a ligher level SL than me.

There is no cap on the SL of people you invade, but you can never invade someone with a lower SL than you. Regardless thats a massive amount of souls. If you where playing on Xbox or PC i would wager that he probably "hacked" to gain those souls. Unless he was a very high SL and in NG+++* but if thats the case i doubt you would have killed him, unless he was terrible at the game

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

If you're invading as a darkwraith and you kill your target you get 10% of the amount of souls it takes them to level up, not the souls they have on them. So for instance, I'm SL102 and it takes me 64k souls to level up, if you invade and kill me you'll get 6400 souls.

So that what would mean the person you killed needs 8.7 million souls to level up... like mentioned above he was probably cheating. Nice amount for you though! :D

The most I've gotten from an invasion was 240k, usually it's around the 10-15k mark. You're gonna have some fun invading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

870k souls will ruin the experience for you, imo id level up a few stats and lose the rest especially (like 800k) if you've just started the game.

Max out the pyro glove(about 350K souls) and buy 99 shards and every item you can buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Alright, I've finally taken the plunge and ordered the Prepare to Die edition (€26 on Amazon).

Should be here by Friday; plenty of time to prepare...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Just got this, while I'm waiting for it to download, any tips for an absolute beginner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

marko93 wrote: »
    Just got this, while I'm waiting for it to download, any tips for an absolute beginner?

prepare to die..... alot
    im sorry thats really overdone now haha

em basicly you are going to die alot
    most people on this really dont like to give the game away much because its brilliant if you figure it out on your own

only hint i will give you is
    after the tutorial area and are carried away to the main game
    go left up a hill
    and follow your path from their ( reason im saying this is because it took me about 5 hours to figure out this path and to relise it was a little bit easyier then going the other ways which kinda puts stress on people who are more into story driven games )
    so ya follow the path that way and take the game from their
    you get stuck anywere ask for advice here :) other wise enjoy the game, its one of my favourite games of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

Cheers!

I'll keep the left hill in mind when I begin my journey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

marko93 wrote: »

Unless you get stuck, don't ask for tips. The satisfaction on working through it is great. The comment on where to go from firelink shrine is probably good, I ended up not noticing it for quite a while and was really struggling.

It's been suggested to me to use http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Game+Progress+Route as a rough guide for where to go and another else....unless stuck. Beyond that I've been playing blind. Still no idea how much is left.

Advertisement