Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Black and White thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm gonna get both. Gonna get tepig, and then I'm not sure for the other one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Well it makes sense with the game being released so close to the launch of the 3DS.

Tepig is the bset choice out of the starters followed by Osawott

I fancy a grass type though. Nit sure about snivy.

Well what I've done a few times is, start up the game and get a friend to send you over an egg with a pokemon you want to be your starter in it. Hatch it and then use it for the duration of all the gyms and league. This way it has your ID and will obey you, and you don't get caught by using a traded pokemon as such if you get me.

Days: 18
    Hours: 21
    Minuites: 30

How much are those DSI going to be? 180 each?

• Advertisement

Not sure what the going price on a DSI is... But I do know that it's only a mere

309 Days to Christmas! Oh no wait wrong count down :D

Days 12
    Hours 16
    Minuites 5

Until the release of Pokemon Black and White!

Comes out precisely a week after my birthday :D I'm gonna get both, but only start one, so I can play the other on the 3DS for the supposed 3D effects

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

cloud493 wrote: »
    How much are those DSI going to be? 180 each?

The pokémon DSi's are €199 in game or €119 if you trade in your old DSi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Pre-ordered White! LIKE A BOSS. I havent even looked through the pokemons yet. All i know, totally new ones. New adventure. Sounds like a failed Leaving Cert to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have been looking at getting it but I have no ds onto the 3DS comes out instill haveint played the pokemon gold remake but I picked it up last night on eBay for 13.50 a deal and a 1/2

But have no idea I it has a box or poke thing I have to wait and see what comes in the post

But pokemon black is only 28 euro on thehut and is saying buy me badly

• Advertisement

35 euro each in HMV, sound for me. And I got a new DSI on the weekend, do me for black and white till the 3DS comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

The online Sterling prices range from £25.85-£34.89 (about €29-€40.47). All the instore prices seem to be around the £35 mark

€40 in gamestop for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

cloud493 wrote: »
    €40 in gamestop for some reason.

The reason is that Gamestop suck :) even argos is 37.

I'm going with play.com i think it was like €32. It's probably even cheaper again on amazon.

35 is great for me. I can go get them before school, round 70 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Find out that the copy I won of gold on eBay was a copy so I picked up pokemon black for 25.47 on amazon which is about 30 euros but can't play it to the 25th

Anyway it's post to be 49 euros is gamestop you must be nuts to pay that

€50? Seriously, how do they get away with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

because people pay it rather than shopping elsewhere.
    They probably charge more for the new stuff and offset the higher price by offering attractive trade-in returns, gets you in the door and you put your seemingly high credit to work on a higher retail price meaning your net gain is no higher than if you went elsewhere

But HMV is usually close, has it for €15 cheaper, and similar trade jn offers. Makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Pokemon hGold/sSilver is still around €35 in Game. That's a second hand one too. Ridiculous stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

so I picked up pokemon black for 25.47 on amazon which is about 30 euros but can't play it to the 25th

£26.12, score.

Pity their exchange rate is shíte (£1 = €1.22, compared to current market rate of €1.18), but still €32.05 delivered is pretty sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Lucky, lucky, people.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Did I mention you have a spy on the UK who has spare room?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

8 more days left!! The friend code thread is a bit dead at the moment so if you want to battle me (in game pokemon or pokesavd pokemon I don't care) PM me and I'll PM you my friend code when the game comes out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Soooo close! Oh they thrill Pokémon can still incite in me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Rocket Butch

I wonder will there be overnight queueing to meet Sugimori.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

unowntv.png

Ring Ring
    Ring Ring
    Ring Ring

SEVEN DAYS!!!!

Wish they announced the London thing sooner, with a bit more notice I'd have loved to have gone over for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm actually getting really excited now :D Getting paid at the weekend and all so will be straight down to game on the 4th to get the DSi bundle. Was going to wait and get a 3DS instead but I can wait until my birthday in May to get that :D

• Advertisement

Wobbuffet wrote: »
    Wish they announced the London thing sooner, with a bit more notice I'd have loved to have gone over for it.
    You can still get over for about €80 in flights to Gatwick (fly out Thursday, back Tuesday it's the cheapest rate). You can get a train into London then for about £20 return. Ferries I think are about €30 as a walk on passenger, but unless you are car pooling, you lose the saving on the train into London. Accommodation isn't a problem the first night (as you'll possibly be queueing outside the shop) and subsequent nights out at my gaff (about £5 a return train about £2 single).

It's still possible if you pull a sicky from school/work or book emergency holidays. I hear Sugimori-itus is a very rare and very contagus condition, best not be around regular people when you are suffering...

Advertisement