Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 27 pre show thread. Will contain Royal Rumble and EC Spoilers etc

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The following wrestlers are not advertised for tomorrow night's WrestleMania XXVII pay-per-view event. However, a dark match battle royal is expected to take place, featuring male wrestlers not booked for the telecast.

Raw: Alex Riley, David Hart Smith, David Otunga*, Evan Bourne, Goldust*, Husky Harris*, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Mark Henry, Mason Ryan*, Michael McGillicutty, Michael Tarver*, Primo, R-Truth, Skip Sheffield*, Ted DiBiase, The Great Khali, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Yoshi Tatsu and Zack Ryder

SmackDown: Chavo Guerrero, Chris Masters, Curt Hawkins, Drew McIntyre, Hornswoggle, JTG, Kofi Kingston, Trent Barretta and Tyler Reks

Divas: Alicia Fox, Beth Phoenix, Brie Bella, Eve, Gail Kim, Kaitlyn, Kelly Kelly, Maryse, Melina, Natalya, Nikki Bella and Rosa Mendes

* David Otunga, Goldust, Husky Harris, Mason Ryan, Michael Tarver, Skip Sheffield are currently inactive

http://nodq.com/wwe/303797092.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Whats with the Rock and cursing lately? Obviously hates PG...
    Is that not the first time he did it?
    Cianan2 wrote: »
    On another note, I'm not on Twitter but I've read about CM Punk and Stone Cold's little battle on it... Reckon it has anything to do with WM or is it legit/maybe banter?

In the all stars game they have "fantasy matchups" like warrior and Sheamus, Andre and big show, hogan and cena.(CMW trademark)

And basically Punk and Austin is one. I'd put my hat on it that they weren't serious and nothing will come of it tonight.

If something does, however, I will mark hard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

jaykhunter wrote: »
    There's rumours that it'll be "Nothing Else Matters". It was the last line they used in the build up promo; I believe it says nothing else matters as the tag line under Taker and Trips in the programme...it's also one of Metallica's biggest hits.

That said, i think it'll die a sorry death if they use that song. I just don't know how that could ever work as a ring entrance theme. Video package after the fact, sure....

They could use "For Whom The Bell Tolls" as a nice bit of metagame, it's also just a fantastic song.

My vote is for "of Wolf and Man". It's f**king amazing.

here play and mute this

and play this

Hell yeah.
    It would be unreal if they had metallica there live to play, since trips has a history of having live bands for his theme song at mania...

I hope this is the song they do:

http://youtubedoubler.com/YmL4

Just mute the triple h entrance and let it play from those points.

On another note, that hall of fame arena was MASSIVE! Where was it held?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

CMpunked wrote: »
    In the all stars game they have "fantasy matchups" like warrior and Sheamus, Andre and big show, hogan and cena.(CMW trademark)

And basically Punk and Austin is one. I'd put my hat on it that they weren't serious and nothing will come of it tonight.

If something does, however, I will mark hard.

I'd be even more excited than Sile Seoige at a Kylie concert if that actually happened. But will only ever happen in a video game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Metallica at Mania would be the best thing ever...... well apart from Kid Rock of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'm kind of impressed by the way they went about the Vladamir Kozlov thing.
    • Promotes Fan Axxess
    • They didn't have their own camera guy recording it.
    • They relied on fans to upload it (although tbh it could have been an employee anyway).
    • They continued a story not even at another show, but just at a meet and greet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Bah, it's looking more and more unlikely that I'll be able to catch Mania:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

Why is that dare

I've a ton of collage work to do today and i have to be up for half 7 tomorrow:(:mad::(

It had to be this weekend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im not sure whether to order it :( What will the streams be like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

have to say im kinda shocked kofi kingston isnt on the card at this years mania since the kids love him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm the same in regards to college work and I've to be an expert witness in a simulated court case tomorrow at 9am :(

I've got a ticket to watch it at a bar here though and it's something I've always wanted to do so I'll be damned if I miss it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Melion wrote: »
    Streams will be poor. I'd recommend you buy it if you want to see it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Melion wrote: »

Poor. You may get a corker but chances are it will be shut down just as you are about to relax watching it, it can get very frustruating jumping from stream to stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Quick question? How much are Sky charging for it and how long will they have the replays up?
    Think I just may have to buy this...

£21.23 seems to spring to mind. Replays run for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

pithater1 wrote: »
    Quick question? How much are Sky charging for it and how long will they have the replays up?

It's €21.95 and replays will gone on for at least 2 days if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Joekers

What will be the best website to watch this on ?

pithater1 wrote: »

£14.95 for the UK, €21.95 for us. You watch live in HD as well as SD but all replays are in SD only. Replays go on for the week on Sky channel 743

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Is there any other way to legally purchase the ppv online other than on WWE.com? It's about €40 there, which is ridiculous. Don't have Sky or NTL, so TV ordering is out of the question.
    I'll probably have to look for a decent sopcast, but I'd rather be certain of a good stream.

• Advertisement

Joekers wrote: »
    What will be the best website to watch this on ?

We don't know yet but keep an eye out on the streams thread over the course of Mania as people will be posting streams through-out.

In all honesty, as much as I watch PPV's on a stream, tonight will be difficult to get one that will last about an hour, let alone 4. You might be better off buying it instead

Is there any other way to legally purchase the ppv online other than on WWE.com? It's about €40 there, which is ridiculous. Don't have Sky or NTL, so TV ordering is out of the question.
    I'll probably have to look for a decent sopcast, but I'd rather be certain of a good stream.

I think WWE.com is the only way you can legally order the event but, as you said, it's pricey. Keep an eye out on the streams thread for a list of streams for Mania:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

These guys always have streams, just need to ask around come PPV time! They're nice lads.

OSW Chat and Live Audio Wrestling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

are ye people not supposed to be hard core wwe fans? asking for streams??wtf..... fork out the money cheap skates. ....and dont give me any bull recession excuses.

WWE's facebook:

After The Corre's ruthless and surprise attack on Vladimir Kozlov Saturday morning at WrestleMania Axxess, the WWE Universe wondered who would fight in the Eight-Man Tag Match. The Dreadlocked Dynamo himself, Kofi Kingston has stepped up to the plate to replace Kozlov on The Grandest Stage of Them All!

Dreadlocked Dynamo? Jeeeesus

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

are ye people not supposed to be hard core wwe fans? asking for streams??wtf..... fork out the money cheap skates. ....and dont give me any bull recession excuses.

Seems to be only the non regulars talking about Streams and the regulars pointing them in the direction while saying buying it is the best option tbh. Either way calling people cheap skates is not productive in anyway so please lets leave it out.

Personally ill be streaming it myself as im in Taiwan and dont have a clue how to order it and tbh with my current set up and limited chinese probably cant anyway.
    WWE's facebook:

After The Corre's ruthless and surprise attack on Vladimir Kozlov Saturday morning at WrestleMania Axxess, the WWE Universe wondered who would fight in the Eight-Man Tag Match. The Dreadlocked Dynamo himself, Kofi Kingston has stepped up to the plate to replace Kozlov on The Grandest Stage of Them All!

Was warming to the idea of Diesel but this makes the most sense tbh

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

NO! I want Diesel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Surely Matt Striker thought of that one. Glad Kofi is in rather than Nash who's knees are so shot he moves like he's walking on stilts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

nash with wight and kane :eek: kofi can work, lets hope its mostly kofi and gabriel OR they keep that match under 5mins

Advertisement