Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 27 pre show thread. Will contain Royal Rumble and EC Spoilers etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help? We got rid of sky a few months ago and switched to FTA.

I'm just wondering if I order Mania at the parents house using their phone line and take the sky box to my house, will I be able to watch without plugging into my phone line?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

CMpunked wrote: »
    Has anyone else gotten a chance to see the WM Previews on box office?

They're REALLY good. Well, that is to say they are the same one over and over again.
    But they actually have superstar promos and all!

It's good watch. Then video promos are really good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

cena wrote: »
    It's good watch. Then video promos are really good

Unfortunately after i posted that CM Punks one ended and then the whole preview ended, so i guess saying the promos were brilliant was a little premature. But all in all a much better preview promo show than i think ive ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've been thinking that Miz needs the win at Mania more than Cena does, although since I don't like Miz I'll be hoping for a Cena win. :cool:

I'm hoping that match goes on last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Watched Smackdown there.Pretty average highlights,I actually forgot Swagger won MITB last year.WHO THE HELL picked a Hbk match at Mania where he got beat clean by Akim & Bossman.Loved the Rock vs Austin from Wrestlemania XV couldn't stop laughing at the Full On chair shot by austin to the Ref.Jericho vs HHH at Mania X8 was a odd choice they had better than that effort.For some reason Booker & Josh Matthews reminded me of Gonzo & Rizzo from a Muppets Christmas Carol(Great Film,yeah I SAID IT) with their drychat to silence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Stephanie talking about Mania. I liked her smirk and comment when the fans were chanting Hogan sucks, "He's not a part of WrestleMania this year, that's for sure."

MILF-tastic too :pac:

wwe fans make me laugh sometimes, chanting hogan sucks when he ain't in wwe, just like they did back when he was in wcw and tried to convince themselves they oh so hated him, if hogan walked out that second those same fans would be chanting his name

thats exactly why i take the booing of cena with a pinch of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help? We got rid of sky a few months ago and switched to FTA.

I'm just wondering if I order Mania at the parents house using their phone line and take the sky box to my house, will I be able to watch without plugging into my phone line?

Cheers!

Ummm, do you still have the sky dish and all the connections? If you do, then i think it could be possible - but not sure at all. I'd say you could do it for normal sky programming but box office events could be encoded or protected in some way against what you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Ya I still have the dish etc.

Just wondering if it needs to be permanently connected to the phone line to watch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

rossie1977 wrote: »
    wwe fans make me laugh sometimes, chanting hogan sucks when he ain't in wwe, just like they did back when he was in wcw and tried to convince themselves they oh so hated him, if hogan walked out that second those same fans would be chanting his name

thats exactly why i take the booing of cena with a pinch of salt

Did the booing of Cena really need to be brought up? It was just a mildly funny moment. You don't know why they were chanting it, if they were being ironic or much else about whatever was going on there. Booing and chanting is just part of wrestling. And in fairness, Hogan does actually suck these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Ya I still have the dish etc.

Just wondering if it needs to be permanently connected to the phone line to watch?
    I don't think so but wouldn't be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Colilfc

Has anyone seen any leaked pictures of the set up yet? Can't wait to see it, hope it will be like last years, that will be hard to beat though!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Did the booing of Cena really need to be brought up? It was just a mildly funny moment. You don't know why they were chanting it, if they were being ironic or much else about whatever was going on there. Booing and chanting is just part of wrestling. And in fairness, Hogan does actually suck these days.

Hogans sucked for years, doesnt mean the fans booing him wouldnt lose their collective sh1t if Real American played tomorrow night and he strolled out. Wrestling fans are a fickle bunch :pac:

remember Cena returning at the 2008 Rumble?

3..2...1.beeeeeeppppp!
    Cena's music plays, The Garden goes absolutely batsh1t crazy for his entrance music, he's in the ring about 4 seconds before they remember they're supposed to hate him and the boos begin.

Kozlov is out of the 4 on 4 match..
    I think..

Wrestlemania Twitter
    Breaking news out of WWE WrestleMania Axxess: The Corre - WWE ambushed Vladimir Kozlov - WWE Universe after his morning match. Check out the video from WWE Magazine's Twitter team. More fan videos available on http://Twitter.com/WrestleMania. Updates to come on Kozlov's condition!
    -From WWE facebook.

Easy money is in saying that Kevin Nash will replace Kozlov in the match to team against the Corre.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=jk9gr.jpg&xsize=480&ysize=480

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Surely Kofi would be the better choice?

Reason i say Kevin Nash is
    Packing my boots just in case Diesel Power is needed in Hotlanta
    -From Nash's twitter.

If it was Nash i can see them giving it that surprise element, in the sense that no one knows who is going to replace Kozlov until his music hits.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

krudler wrote: »
    remember Cena returning at the 2008 Rumble?

3..2...1.beeeeeeppppp!
    Cena's music plays, The Garden goes absolutely batsh1t crazy for his entrance music, he's in the ring about 4 seconds before they remember they're supposed to hate him and the boos begin.

ha ha ha that included me. I was so happy to see Cena back. Then within seconds of getting in the ring he reminded me why I can't stand him. tbh that rumble finished with my two least favourite wrestlers, Cena and Triple H.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,147 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I can see a heel turn for Christain and then Alberto Del Rio will capilise on this

The Rock helping John Cena To Win the title and then Rock Bottom him to end the show.

HBK to screw Triple H out of ending Undertakers Streak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

HHH to use a Metalica theme entrance tune at WM;according to Metalicas twitter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I can see a heel turn for Christain and then Alberto Del Rio will capilise on this

The Rock helping John Cena To Win the title and then Rock Bottom him to end the show.

HBK to screw Triple H out of ending Undertakers Streak.

That is a lot of interference in one show - especially when we consider there is guaranteed interference in the Cole v Lawler match.

• Advertisement

The Rock recently did an interview in Atlanta with BTR host Brian Fritz. With regards to Cena, Rock replies "I'm gonna fúck him up"

It's at 2:15....Don't hold back, Rock :p

jaykhunter wrote: »
    The Rock recently did an interview in Atlanta with BTR host Brian Fritz. With regards to Cena, Rock replies "I'm gonna fúck him up"

And that is reason 265 of why we should love the rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Whats with the Rock and cursing lately? Obviously hates PG...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Whats with the Rock and cursing lately? Obviously hates PG...

:confused:

game plan, race to witch mountain, tooth fairy, he surely wouldn't have gone near those kiddie movies if he hated pg.....

rossie1977 wrote: »
    :confused:

game plan, race to witch mountain, tooth fairy, he surely wouldn't have gone near those kiddie movies if he hated pg.....

Well yeah, but he is cursing a fair bit since being back!!

On another note, I'm not on Twitter but I've read about CM Punk and Stone Cold's little battle on it... Reckon it has anything to do with WM or is it legit/maybe banter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

HHH to use a Metalica theme entrance tune at WM;according to Metalicas twitter.

He used the king of kings tonight at the hof. Was hoping it would be different for tomorrow. Wonder what the chances of a live performance will be? So glad I got tickets for the Hof yesterday. Seas were right at the stage. Was an amazing experience. Won't spoil it

He used the king of kings tonight at the hof. Was hoping it would be different for tomorrow.

There's rumours that it'll be "Nothing Else Matters". It was the last line they used in the build up promo; I believe it says nothing else matters as the tag line under Taker and Trips in the programme...it's also one of Metallica's biggest hits.

That said, i think it'll die a sorry death if they use that song. I just don't know how that could ever work as a ring entrance theme. Video package after the fact, sure....

They could use "For Whom The Bell Tolls" as a nice bit of metagame, it's also just a fantastic song.

My vote is for "of Wolf and Man". It's f**king amazing.

here play and mute this

and play this

Hell yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Wouldnt surprise me one bit if it was this tbh..

Advertisement