Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 27 pre show thread. Will contain Royal Rumble and EC Spoilers etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Id say he is going to have some sort of involvement with the E - if not at WM itself then after. WWE have designed him a new tshirt:

wall6050_17094483_wir009153.gifwall6051_17094484_wir009154.gif

Would be cool to have him involved somehow. But i wouldnt take them shirt designs too seriously, after all, we were supposed to be seeing this after survivor series last year:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9QadrZIwS9eCqLX6gMIxr-fc7frFBNrvctsH7iElj7QfPLFss9A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i think The Miz and Cena will go on last: The Rock recently hinted that he may get involved physically at WrestleMania 27 this Sunday night. Speaking with MTV News, he said, "I'm going to take my fist and lay it across somebody's lips and take my boot, which is a size 14, so it's a big boot and stick it straight up somebody's ass." When asked who he might get phyiscal with he said, "Like with any show, like with any movie, you want to make sure the final five, 10 minutes of the show are worth every penny."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Would be cool to have him involved somehow. But i wouldnt take them shirt designs too seriously, after all, we were supposed to be seeing this after survivor series last year:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9QadrZIwS9eCqLX6gMIxr-fc7frFBNrvctsH7iElj7QfPLFss9A

^^^ that tshirt was made and produced and sold! In fact WWE gave us one last year for the boards christmas comedy beers, which was won (and worn) by our very own boss man deVore!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Miz, Cena and Hunter explain why Zack Ryder is not on TV at Mania conference..:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkxVaQpLg08#t=7m51s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Just ordered Mania through the box and i can record it... which is good because i'll probably be in the pub for the first hour!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Id say he is going to have some sort of involvement with the E - if not at WM itself then after. WWE have designed him a new tshirt:

wall6051_17094484_wir009154.gif

This is actually an old shirt. It's from 2003. I know because I bought it and it's probably around somewhere! It thought it was cool lookin' enough and didn't look like a wrestling t-shirt as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I wonder how the angle with the Rock and Cena will play out. I think it would be bad form if they kiss and make-up at the end. I'd also be surprised at WWE letting a big PPV match like the Rock v Cena go by. I wonder could they hold off and have it at WM28 :)

G-Money wrote: »
    I wonder how the angle with the Rock and Cena will play out. I think it would be bad form if they kiss and make-up at the end. I'd also be surprised at WWE letting a big PPV match like the Rock v Cena go by. I wonder could they hold off and have it at WM28 :)

See Rock'll be gone after RAW the next night, so best wrap it up and start it up again next year I guess. Or....do an injury angle? Too heelish? Unless Miz does it.

Here's my prediction :
    Cena and Miz wrestle
    Rock comes down near the end
    Rock bottoms Cena
    Rock bottoms Miz.
    Cena still ends up winning
    Cena earns Rock's respect
    Rock hands Cena the belt and the two have a bloody love-in

Of course what i want is (if Rock wrestling isn't on the cards!) :
    Miz vs Cena
    Rock Rockbottoms both
    Miz gets the win
    Miz takes out Rock the next night
    Miz vs Cena next month.
    See you at Rumble 2012 Rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

jaykhunter wrote: »
    This is actually an old shirt. It's from 2003. I know because I bought it and it's probably around somewhere! It thought it was cool lookin' enough and didn't look like a wrestling t-shirt as well :D

Ah I see....well wwe sent the 2 logos to us in this months wallpaper delivery so there will be something planned I'm sure!

I'm really hoping there's no stupid "cena earns rocks respect" bullish!t at mania, that would wreck my head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭pbffan

Does anyone see Christian turning on Edge and costing him the title? Given the really strong booking he's been getting in the last few weeks, going over Del Rio time and time again, I really think they have something planned here. If Del Rio was going to lose, why have him lose three consecutive matches to Edge's sidekick? Surely they'd build him up strong instead. Also, if the face Edge was to lose, there's no way it would go down cleanly, there'd have to be some sort of interference or something.
    I know it doesn't make a whole lot of sense having Christian help the man who put him out for six months win the world title, but not long ago Matt Hardy was helping his old buddy Edge win the World Heavyweight Championship from Jeff, I could see something similar going down here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    See Rock'll be gone after RAW the next night, so best wrap it up and start it up again next year I guess. Or....do an injury angle? Too heelish? Unless Miz does it.

Here's my prediction :
    Cena and Miz wrestle
    Rock comes down near the end
    Rock bottoms Cena
    Rock bottoms Miz.
    Cena still ends up winning
    Cena earns Rock's respect
    Rock hands Cena the belt and the two have a bloody love-in

Of course what i want is (if Rock wrestling isn't on the cards!) :
    Miz vs Cena
    Rock Rockbottoms both
    Miz gets the win
    Miz takes out Rock the next night
    Miz vs Cena next month.
    See you at Rumble 2012 Rocky

heres my prediction/kinda hope:

Rock while doing his role as host announces that he will be staying around at ringside for the main event saying something like how he knows first hand that both Cena & The Miz can talk the talk but tonight he wants the chance to see first hand if they can walk the walk. He makes himself special enforcer or something and stays at ringside.

Miz is out first and has a brief moment with the rock but unfortunatly he wont be centre stage imo. He opened mania last year in a match that i cant remember if it even made the PPV or just the DVD as the pre-show bout, I honestly doubt (though I wouldent mind seing it) he will go over strong in a mania main event 1 year later.

Then Cena who has a staredown with Rocky while commentaters (JR, back on the Mic since the Lawler match) talk about the AA he gave Rock last week on Raw.

Eventually the match gets underway and The Miz is strong throughout but after Alex Riley trys to interfere on his behalf only to recieve a Rock Bottom, the Miz is distracted and caught with an AA which Cena follows up by making him tap with an STF.

Miz leaves dejected with Riley by his side (hopefully to be built up again after mania), as The Rock gets into the ring with the WWE title in his grasp. He gets right up in Cena's face and the two have another stare down (the whole match the commentaters have been talking up the annomosity between the two) before much to the younger portion of the audience's approval Rock extends his hand to him. The two shake hands as JR talks up the Rock being the bigger man etc as Rocky hands Cena his WWE title.

After raising the belt up and getting a big pop Cena then shocks everyone by laying Rocky out, hitting him across the head with the belt. He then delivers another Attitude Adjustment to The Rock this time onto the belt. He then climbs the turnbuckle and raises the belt up high again but this time to a very mixed reaction as the crowd go bonkers.

Next night on Raw Cena comes out and makes a spiel about he shouldent need the Rocks seel of approval for the fans to respect him. The Rock was the geust host of WM and shouldent have been in his ring in the first place, he then could re-iterate that it's his ring because since the Rock left 7 years ago and never looked back he has been there day in day out making it his home. He says that if The Rock ever wanted to actually return to the WWE and want to get back in his Ring for real it would be nothing more than a reepeat of WM, him standing tall as WWE champion and the Rock layed out on his back wishing he was in Hollywood.

If Ya Smell.... Rock comes out and is on fire, both on the Mic and unexpectidly for Cena (who earlier could have talked about the fact that insurance reasons to do with Rocks movies mean he wouldent dare touch him) physically as he not only puts Cena in his place about what people are now calling his heel turn among other things but also beating the blue hell out of Cena.

Rock is then gone from WWE for a while and Cena sells the inuries/embarassment from that beatdown. He starts calling Rocky out on how he said he would never leave again though saying he is scared to face him in a real fight and thats why he doesent show. As the months go by Cena continues to make references to The Rock and in a way similar to Rocky 2 tries to coax Rocky out of retirement.

During this time Rock can make the odd occasional appearances at first atleast via satelite where he retorts Cena's claims etc. Forinstance saying he isnt there because he is starring in a Hollywood blockbuster something Cena could never do. He says he meant what he said about never leaving again but that he is retired. He does plan to work with the WWE more and more as things progress but a match is off the table.

Somehow Cena makes things personal though and The Rock is brought back as the WWE really push Survivor Series and in Madison Square Garden Rock vs Cena happens. As much as it's hard to write Cena would there go over The Rock but I wouldent mind if it made him the biggest heel the WWE have had for ages and sets him on a path for the biggest mania match the WWE could ever really book. Heel champ Cena vs Taker and his streak (potentially his career too)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Can't freakin' wait for Mania. I've been absolutely lost with collage work so I can't wait to chill out for Mania:D:D

*can't believe I said freakin....*

• Registered Users Posts: 85,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And this is why WWE can't run in small venues anymore...

Just watching the Mania press conference and got me wondering if Vince McMahon is gonna make an appearence on sunday. If he does i reckon it will be part of the Cole/Lawler match - he could come out to thank Austin for a good job at calling the match and gets a Stunner for old times sake :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Just watching the Mania press conference and got me wondering if Vince McMahon is gonna make an appearence on sunday. If he does i reckon it will be part of the Cole/Lawler match - he could come out to thank Austin for a good job at calling the match and gets a Stunner for old times sake :D

or maybe fire cole

ricero wrote: »
    or maybe fire cole

Good call. but is it Cole or Lawler whos supposed to be leaving for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Triple H using Metallica as his entrance music this Sunday... I wonder which song it is!

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Triple H using Metallica as his entrance music this Sunday... I wonder which song it is!

Really? How's you know?

If it's true, then thiswould be perfect :D:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Cianan2 wrote: »

Really?!

• Advertisement

Just saw it on Metallica's facebook! They haven't said which song, just that its "one of your favourites" is all they said....

So much for saving post 1000 for WM!!

Whats the chance that Metallica is after spoiling Trips winning at mania?

My money is on for whom the bell tolls.

I'd love Master of Puppets... Maybe King Nothing is more suited :D

This should be added into the Wrestlemania Prediction competiton :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Stephanie talking about Mania. I liked her smirk and comment when the fans were chanting Hogan sucks, "He's not a part of WrestleMania this year, that's for sure."

MILF-tastic too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

CMpunked wrote: »
    Whats the chance that Metallica is after spoiling Trips winning at mania?

My money is on for whom the bell tolls.

Yeah I think it could be 'For Whom The Bell Tolls'. Would be a great entrance starting with the bells to build the suspense, but the bells intro would seem more like a Taker entrance.

I doubt it will be The Outlaw Torn, Undertaker's gimmick this year is that he's 'The Last Outlaw'. Obviously The Sandman and The Four Horsemen are out of the question too ;)

Would be awesome if Metallica were there live to perform. Sure beats the hell out of Jason Beiber

Stephanie talking about Mania. I liked her smirk and comment when the fans were chanting Hogan sucks, "He's not a part of WrestleMania this year, that's for sure."

MILF-tastic too :pac:

What a pro! If she (and trips) is the future head of wwe soon, im all for it.
    When Vince talks in that capacity it nearly always seems to be business only, very rigid.
    Nice to see her acknowledging the fans like that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Metallica for HHH? Has to be this. Fits perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Man, i'd mark so hard if Metallica played live at Mania! Blackened would be an awesome song!

• Advertisement

Has anyone else gotten a chance to see the WM Previews on box office?

They're REALLY good. Well, that is to say they are the same one over and over again.
    But they actually have superstar promos and all!

Advertisement