Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Kess73 wrote: »
    DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Yeah this felt like another 'transition' episode. Not much going on - only the hope that it is setting something interesting up in the next episode.

The problem being that the majority of episodes this season could be described the same way :(

This season has been pretty poor so far to be fair, this was the first episode I actually turned off half ways through, after Lizzy's bit because I just wasn't bothered. Finished it this morning.
    I've started again to remind myself how great this show can be so I'm hopeful it'll return to greatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Didn't there used to be zombies in this?
    Anyone remember? Anyone....?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

And a whole pile of other characters. Now it is unusual to have more than 5 actors in an episode. I would say money must be a serious issue. Their sponsors used to be local shops and are now other podcasts. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

phill106 wrote: »
    Didn't there used to be zombies in this?
    Anyone remember? Anyone....?

Yep used to be a time that any loud noise like driving a car or truck came with a strong chance of some creature attention and the same creatures were to be found no matter how far the group ventured from the tower.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Snoozefest. Brick got dirty. Lizzie finds out about Burt and Angel. Brick leaning towards the rebel alliance. Guy attempts to sneak into colony in water tank and found out by possible friendlies. Did I miss anything?

I was listening to it on my phone with headphones, found it very difficult to hear while (vic?) was in the tanker.

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    Snoozefest. Brick got dirty. Lizzie finds out about Burt and Angel. Brick leaning towards the rebel alliance. Guy attempts to sneak into colony in water tank and found out by possible friendlies. Did I miss anything?

I was listening to it on my phone with headphones, found it very difficult to hear while (vic?) was in the tanker.

Think it was supposed to be difficult to hear there, as heard from victors ears inside the tank. Was VERY annoying though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

New episode day.... I think? :confused:

New episode day.... I think? :confused:

It is indeed.:D

I am slipping up.

Just checked itunes and it is up.

Huh... interesting. Gatekeeper is still about and none too happy with the current situation at the Colony, or how the Mallers treated him. I'm still not sure I trust him but at least he gave Victor back his gun.

30 well-armed Mallers vs 110 others with no real weapons?

Sounds like it's phone retrieval and get Victor out. Lizzy is on her own for now... so that CJ can hit on Saul?!?! REALLY??

Looked like the plan was going to go off without a hitch - until they called everyone to a role call.

Better episode and at least we heard a few zombies...

Huh... interesting. Gatekeeper is still about and none too happy with the current situation at the Colony, or how the Mallers treated him. I'm still not sure I trust him but at least he gave Victor back his gun.

30 well-armed Mallers vs 110 others with no real weapons?

Sounds like it's phone retrieval and get Victor out. Lizzy is on her own for now... so that CJ can hit on Saul?!?! REALLY??

Looked like the plan was going to go off without a hitch - until they called everyone to a role call.

Better episode and at least we heard a few zombies...

Except for the zombies/creatures can now bleed out and die within seconds, whereas for the first two seasons they could take bullets and arrows and keep coming without dying from blood loss.

Guess needing to get a headshot or inflicting huge damage is no longer needed to kill the zombies/creatures.

• Advertisement

Except for the zombies/creatures can now bleed out and die within seconds, whereas for the first two seasons they could take bullets and arrows and keep coming without dying from blood loss.

Guess needing to get a headshot or inflicting huge damage is no longer needed to kill the zombies/creatures.

Yeah, that's a bit strange alright. Bit more substance to the story this time round though, and I'm calling it now: CJ will be killed in the finale, and she'll do a big heartfelt bit before she goes.

muff03 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a bit strange alright. Bit more substance to the story this time round though, and I'm calling it now: CJ will be killed in the finale, and she'll do a big heartfelt bit before she goes.

Yeah I think CJ, Vic, and Burt are all at risk of getting the chop either before or during the season finale.

Still cannot figure out why they went with the zombies/creatures suddenly being so easy to kill. Just seemed so stupid to have them bleed out so quickly.

CJ and her sword really seems a rip off of Michonne in the Walking Dead.

CJ and her sword really seems a rip off of Michonne in the Walking Dead.

Yuuuuuuuuuuup! Thought the exact same thing... is there anything more cliche than a bad ass w/ a katana in the Z-poc? Terribly disappointing...

I'm sorry, bleeding out?! Bleeding out?! Zombies do not bleed out, how could she not know this!Grrrrr

as for her advances on saul, you would swear she never had a relationship before!

NEW

EPISODE

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!

It's up for download in the direct downloads section... not sure about other sources.

Episode is up on itunes now.

Short episode this week as it is 18:44 including ads etc., plus another two week break until the next episode.:mad:

Oh man.... all he had to do was shoot Scratch and it would all have been over. Sheesh. Lame way for the Maller leader to go out. He was a crook but at least he had some sense of honor.

And Bricks goes down... that sucks. I kind of like the big dumb oaf. Lizzie has no protection now.

Decent battle that took place but kind of thought the Z's would break-in en masse and make a bigger mess of things... no dice there but oh well. At least we heard them for a couple seconds! :D

The dramatic radio call at the end was... meh. Lizzie BARELY hearing Saul.

So Scratch now has Saul yes?

Meh episode.

Durai gets taken out easily. This is the guy that Scratch and all the other mallers gave no shyte to in any way for the past two and a bit seasons.

Now a few words from Scratch and Durai gets a punk death? Just seems a very lazy way to get rid of a character or voice actor. Also seems a lazy way to balance up the "teams" as each side has now lost their best marksman with Durai now dead and Burt having had the fingers cut off of his good hand a number of episodes ago.

Same goes for Bricks. Just shot and gets the lame "it's a sad moment" music.

The battle was useless as well. Just mostly background gunshot noises and Scratch shouting that they need to get to the guns before the others do. The battles at the tower, at the arena etc were proper battles in terms of how they were acted and scored.

Saul and CJ are in and they do a little cliffhanger moment with a loud shot ringing out, then at the end of the episode we hear Saul talking so we know he was not shot.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Very hard to follow the battle actually. So we heard a shot, then Saul came back to talk to Lizzie. He could still be hurt, just putting on a brave face.

Scratch's rabble rousing was rubbish. *rabble rabble rabble*

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

Its up early you can download NOW :-)

Well nice to know Michael is still around and doing SOMETHING. New tech for zombie disposal, KODI, is nice. Good to see people have not just been sitting on their hands entirely...

Tanya still in lock down due to her bite. Had been wondering what was going on with her. Unfortunately that bit was pretty talky and slow.

Annnnd the local base commander is drowning his sorrow in booze plus the helicopter carrying his injured niece has mysteriously disappeared... Kimmit sure didn't seem to concerned about the whole thing either. Odd.

The only thing that I found even slightly interesting with the most recent episode was the choice of image used for it on itunes. Suit wearing arrow catching creature was used. A nod, maybe, towards him/it being on the chopper?

New episode dayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Two years ago we had a small group of survivors we all knew and cared about scrounging around for weapons, working cars, and of course food. All the time worried about keeping hoards of zombies away from their little patched up apartment block.

Now we have a squad of soldiers we never heard of before today flying about in a blackhawk complaining about using too much fuel because they are getting fat and then killing a super zombie with some sort of a chain gun. Finally the ep ends with them worried that one zombie may have escaped and is limping towards their major city 30 miles away across deep snow and freezing conditions.

I miss "We're alive" whatever happened to that show. That was a good show.

I didn't mind this episode so much - I actually need to listen to it again to make sure I caught everything. For sure we've run into some of the special zombies that the Tower crew kept running into.

Those are some serious badass zombies if they can latch on a chopper, rip through the metal of the hull and essentially armor-up as they turn into Z's... yikes.

Puck's fake accent still drives me crazy though.

And Michael disobeys a direct order... w00ts!

Day

Episode

New

And another go around...

#2 makes it to Michael and Riley's location. Have I mentioned before that I can't stand Puck's accent? :p

#2 - no skin pigment. stretch marks. toned muscles. eyes look ok. #2 tattoo on left wrist. fingernails long and strong - sharpened on purpose. bad teeth. bones are harder than usual, enlarged heart w/ extra arteries, other organs normal, skin/bone so tough the surgical saw barely got through, etc. So yeah - they are extra tough. It took a 24 minute episode to reiterate what we already know?

And Riley FINALLY remembers where they saw the tattoo stuff.... took long enough. I guess its another "setup" episode.

And there goes Boulder...

• Advertisement

Makes you wonder what was the point of the journals they all kept.

The hospital episodes were down as being a massive event and Kalani, Riley, Angel, and Burt all wrote about it in their journals.

Riley was actually there to see the tattoo equipment. Michael read the journals, and since they got to the army base and were in quarantine there has been a few mentions of Tanya going through the journals. So it is baffling how it has taken until now to twig the tattooed numbers.

Guess we are totally gone from them being zombies as well. We had Saul and co being able to kill them by making them bleed out, and nowwe have the medical report that they need to breathe, eat etc just like regular humans do, and that they are just tougher versions of humans and just as killable.

Wonder how they are going to tie that in with things like a stone cold dead Tommy coming back as a zombie during season two.

I suppose mutants is a more correct term for the creatures now.

Also the base commander gave in very easily to Michael's request to contact Boulder. Given that we were told in the episode that two weeks or so had passed since the last episode, surely a high ranking commander would have wanted to know where all this new information came from and how they had so much on the new creature given that it was ordered to be destroyed two weeks ago.

Just seems a long stream of set up episodes that go nowhere. During seasons one and two there were a number of characters that I wanted to survive and did not want killed off, now it is at a point that I really don't care what characters are got rid of as so little has been done with the established characters and there has also been nothing done to make the new characters anything more that space fillers.

Advertisement