Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Kess73 wrote: »
    Saw something a few weeks back on the We're Alive forum that suggested that Scratch will not be killed as it is her that is reading the journels and all we are hearing is the past being remembered. Not quite sure how that conclusion was reached but must try to sift through some of the older episodes to see if there are incidents of Scratch reading a journel to recount events. I know that some of the earlier events, like the arena rescue, turned out to be recounts of past events as one character or another was reading a journel.

The whole story is a reading from many different journals. The beginning of the whole thing starts out with Micheal reading from his own journal. That was the reason he got everyone to start a journal in series 1. So that they could keep track of everything that went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

scunermac wrote: »
    The whole story is a reading from many different journals. The beginning of the whole thing starts out with Micheal reading from his own journal. That was the reason he got everyone to start a journal in series 1. So that they could keep track of everything that went on.

I know the whole thing is folk reading from journals, but as the seasons went by it became only a select few that were namechecked as reading the journals which suggests that those may be the ones still standing come the end of the next ( and by all accounts final) season.

The journal entries (or rather those who were reading them) are what gave away who was to survive the arena storyline weeks in advance as they had characters directly involved in that storyline as the voice reading the journal aloud.

The official WA forums, which have a few of the writers and voice actors popping up on them, seem to be nudging towards Scratch reading some the later journal entries, and it was that little titbit that caught my eye because if she is reading the journels of what are, to us, current episodes then she may be a strong candidate to survive it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Wow, that would be a major twist if she was to survive the whole thing. Unless she turns good in the last series and ends up being a likeable character, although I can't see that happening.

She did have that moment with Lizzy, where she protected her and the baby, so you'd never know what the writers have in store for her.

New episode is up.

So the army base is screwed and about to be over run. The creatures can tear Bradleys apart by hand? Pretty much means no reinforced building could withstand them for too long.

The colony looks like it is going to be overrun as well.

And luckily enough there just happens to be a helicopter crew free and the pelican has just been repaired by Datu.

The Pelican to arrive at the Colony to pick up some of those there and head for CJ's tower? Hope Saul and co can hold out for a long time because it was a long flight time in the same Pelican from the old tower to the army base ( not including their stop) so atthe very least the colony would have to survive for hours before the chopper could arrive.

Also suit creature is back. Burt spots him by one of the buildings.

Also the SWAT van drove out into the horde. I wonder if that is CJ driving it and it is full of explosives?

Season finale coming next month. Not sure when it is because the end of the podcast says December 8th (and that it is live) yet itunes and the WA website last night said Dec 5th was the season finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

*Sticks fingers in ears*

*La la la la la la*

Just started on this. Lovin' it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

*Sticks fingers in ears*

*La la la la la la*

Just started on this. Lovin' it so far.

Well nice ye made it to the party Dolenz! Took long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Well nice ye made it to the party Dolenz! Took long enough.

I'm not slow, I just get distracted eas............

Oh look, a shiny thing.

Itunes and the We're alive website are still listing the season finale as happening on December 5th so it looks sdafe to discount the fact the end of the last episode said Dec 8th was the date for the live season finale.

Just so peeps are not hitting F5 all day on the 5th and waiting for the finale to be available. It is to be a live episode and as such won't start until two in the morning on the 6th December our time and probably available to download sometime later that day..

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

so who's having a late one?

(thinly veiled got no job question!)

3 hours and 51 minutes to the season finale.

Think the episode cover art and the episode title are pretty big clues as to what will happen

• Advertisement

For those that did not listen to it in the early hours, the episode is now up on itunes to download.

Will wait until a few more of us have listened to it before I start chatting about how good/bad it was.

For those that did not listen to it in the early hours, the episode is now up on itunes to download.

Will wait until a few more of us have listened to it before I start chatting about how good/bad it was.

Found anyplace else besides itunes to download? I refuse to use that... will look some more but I don't see any other download links on the site like they usually have yet.

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Found anyplace else besides itunes to download? I refuse to use that... will look some more but I don't see any other download links on the site like they usually have yet.

Is there not normally a list of different download options on their site as well as the option to listen to it on the site?

I use itunes for it so have never tried the other options.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/listen/

Anyone else listened to it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Anyone else listened to it yet?

Yea. Lots of action. But when you look back at the whole season and where we started and finished it would have been simplier just to have Pegs find Michael in the shower in the Tower.
    Characters we haven't heard from all season suddenly conviently pop back up just in time to get on the helicopter and head back to LA. Even the fecking dog makes it back

touts wrote: »
    Yea. Lots of action. But when you look back at the whole season and where we started and finished it would have been simplier just to have Pegs find Michael in the shower in the Tower.
    Characters we haven't heard from all season suddenly conviently pop back up just in time to get on the helicopter and head back to LA. Even the fecking dog makes it back

Yep that was more than just a bit of a cop out. Not only did we get a very convenient reuniting of all the missing characters in one go, we also got the behemoth from the arena coming back.

Looks like they have jumped the shark on the behemoths as well. Now they are slow moving and capable of withstanding a number of point blank pipe bomb blasts. Whereas at the very start of this season they had a different behemoth chasing the truck that Victor and Saul were in, and the behemoths that Kalani/Angel came across where not exactly slow movers either.

The
    now giant sized little ones
    were pretty much a let down as well. Standing around for ages like bad ass mutant versions of Henry Fonda and his Once Upon A Time In The West crew, then pretty shyte when called into action.

And amazing that
    Mr Suit had none of the new super strong armoured creatures with him
    when there were hundreds in Boulder and at Fort Irwin.

As final battles go, I thought they were pretty poor compared to the epic battles at the Tower. The action was sparse in comparison and the sound effects were nowhere near as good. Worst of all there was no feeling of any real danger for the main characters.

What bugged me as well was
    how fast the chopper got from Fort Irwin to the Colony. Even if we allow for two or three hours from when it took off to when it showed up just as the gates were fecked, it still managed to fly a four figure distance (listen to the distance mentioned) in thattime when the exact same helicopter carrying far less weight took many times that time to get from the Tower to Fort Irwin.

And Michael's speech at the end?
    Going after all the creatures? With what? Fort Irwin was nuked so all the stuff there is gone. The chopper has a 50 cal and a mini gun, and after that all that is left is what remains in the Colony (and they said that ammo, weapons, and supplies were very low).

Mr Suit still has armies of creatures unless next season they try to jip us by saying there are only a small number left.

Also I have now stopped calling them zombies because they are not zombies. They breathe, can be affected by gas, can bleed out, can be killed by means other than head shots, need to sleep and eat. So the needing of head shots and the returning from the dead of series one is long gone.

All in all I think the season finale pretty much was on par with the rest of a pretty poor season.

They really need to up their games to make the final season a match for the first two seasons and avoid it being the mess the third season was.

Finally got the listen to this today...

Colony is holding on but they are being pushed pretty hard.

Over to the military in Colorado:

Yeah... more than a little disappointed at the mess the "zombies" have become. They aren't zombies, more rage-type beings I guess. How many different kinds are there now? I've almost given up keeping track.

Back to LA is Michael's suggestion? Where they fled from due to how many zombies were there? I guess it makes some sense since last he knew it was safe'ish but still...

And Kimmet the CO's dialogue - eesh. Some poor delivery of lines there. Or maybe just bad writing. Either way yikes...

Hope. Datu. Stop talking. Just. Stop. Talking. Both of you. Please.

A minigun. Whoopie. And seriously Datu - STOP TALKING. And take Puck with you.

Riley found. Plot convenience theater returns as they now know that Pegs and Kelly are alive and find them with no trouble. Plus Lady... grand.

Kimmet completely loses his cool are precisely the right time and kaboom.

Back to the Colony... The huge behemoth is back and tougher than ever along w/ the Suit Z, who mysteriously disappears again. I don't understand why the behemoth is trashing the Colony but not going after the people. Oh well. Burt shoots it in the other eye and proceeds to taunt it into following him.
    Behemoth down but here come the Little Ones after Burt... Que the cavalry in the chopper.

Burt the Matador. That was a good line.

Seriously - all that; a season finale and no one dies. No one from the main group? No real change. They could have skipped season 2 almost. We're nearly status quo with where things ended.

Really? "It's time for us to go to them". Really?
    *sigh*
    Oh well.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Should have been more apocalypse now music when the chopper arrived. Datu is sounding more and more like a korean lady boy. I enjoyed the episode, but it does mean the season was a bit of a waste. People started coming out of the woodwork, was getting quite confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SpiderHead

so was it all Michael's fault that Boulder fell in the first place.

When then find the first downed chopper and then know that there is one Super Z missing. The guy on the phone tells micheal that these nearly bullet proof Z's can apparently survive in the cold, anyone they attack turns instantly, and one is probably heading towards Boulder from that direction.

But Michael waits until for that guy to get back to the base before anyone thinks to call Boulder and tell them to put on a few extra guards on watch !?

They could have had a 100 solders on watch looking out for a Z heading towards them from the direction of the chopper crash and killed it before it got into the city !

Time to bump the thread.:)

Season 4 begins in August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Its still may:(

On a slightly different note I'm relistening from the start again and its interesting how in chapter two episode three when they are watching what was recorded on the tvs in the tower at the time of the riot it explains who the tatooed main Zombie is
    I either missed it first time or forgot about it

SUNGOD wrote: »
    Its still may:(

On a slightly different note I'm relistening from the start again and its interesting how in chapter two episode three when they are watching what was recorded on the tvs in the tower at the time of the riot it explains who the tatooed main Zombie is
    I either missed it first time or forgot about it

Bill Roberts. Yeah I had missed that myself the first two times I listened to season one. Was a bit about it on the We're Alive forum a year or so ago along with speculation that he was a government experiment gone bad ( enhanced speed, strength etc.) or a scientist who experimented on himself, and that the homicides attributed to him were actually experiments he was performing on others.

The one thing we know for sure about him is that he has superhuman abilities, given that he can catch arrows as they are shot at him, can run faster than any human, can jump from two to three stories up and hit the ground running.

Something Burt said in the first season may also hold some truths on the mystery man. Burt said something about how some of the creatures seems to retain qualities from when they were human. Smart people became smart creatures, strong people became stronger creatures and so on. So it would stand to reason that whatever Bill Roberts was before turning, that he is now in possession of enhanced versions of his previous main traits. Given that he seems super smart and has superior physical qualities it suggests he had both as a human also.

What does seem an interesting possibility to me is the fact he was meant to be schizophrenic. Could be that his condition, if true and not a government cover up story, meant he had more traits to enhance due to split personalities/delusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i have listened to it in the car over the last couple of weeks. i have to say i really enjoyed it. really good when stuck in traffic !!

i think the storyline is good. i like the genetic mods to the creatures. its a mix between zombies (aka they eat people) and lord of the rings as far as i can see.

really looking forward to the next season and a tad disappointed its the last (am i correct on that)

i do think they have created an opportunity for others to do similiar z podcasts. anyone on boards...anyone??

i do like the finale and the plan for the next season. in fact i have started listening to it from the beginning again. want to see did i miss anything.

only strange thing i found was some of the adverts before the podcasts...selling fish tanks?? LOL seriously is there a huge zombie fish tank sub genre i wasnt aware of?? ;)

overall bravo to the creators and if you have not listened, its worth it for your travels.

i have listened to it in the car over the last couple of weeks. i have to say i really enjoyed it. really good when stuck in traffic !!

i think the storyline is good. i like the genetic mods to the creatures. its a mix between zombies (aka they eat people) and lord of the rings as far as i can see.

really looking forward to the next season and a tad disappointed its the last (am i correct on that)

i do think they have created an opportunity for others to do similiar z podcasts. anyone on boards...anyone??

i do like the finale and the plan for the next season. in fact i have started listening to it from the beginning again. want to see did i miss anything.

only strange thing i found was some of the adverts before the podcasts...selling fish tanks?? LOL seriously is there a huge zombie fish tank sub genre i wasnt aware of?? ;)

overall bravo to the creators and if you have not listened, its worth it for your travels.

There were a number of Z related podcasts out there before We're Alive popped up, and a number popped up after them as well.

We're Alive is more a creature feature podcast at this point though as they have long established that the creatures are not zombies, given the creatures can be knocked out, need air to breathe, can bleed to death and so on.

The fact that the creatures can evolve/mutate is another thing that pushes them away from being zombies. The "little ones" turning into tall fast creatures is an example of their ability to evolve/mutate further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

There were a number of Z related podcasts out there before We're Alive popped up, and a number popped up after them as well.

We're Alive is more a creature feature podcast at this point though as they have long established that the creatures are not zombies, given the creatures can be knocked out, need air to breathe, can bleed to death and so on.

The fact that the creatures can evolve/mutate is another thing that pushes them away from being zombies. The "little ones" turning into tall fast creatures is an example of their ability to evolve/mutate further.

Kess, dare i even ask, any podcasts you could link to and recommend? i really do like listening to them in the car....anything half descent would do..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Did any if ye ever get into 'The Cleansed' with all their advertising? I tried but couldn't.

Also, I've changed my mind on season 3, much better after another listen, makes the whole story feel bigger, which I didn't run with on first listen. Probably cause I was still missing the craic with Angel.

Kess, dare i even ask, any podcasts you could link to and recommend? i really do like listening to them in the car....anything half descent would do..thanks

To be honest there is not a lot of decent stuff there and noty all is zombie related..

I tried podcasts like The Zombie Chronicles, Age Of The Zombies, Fetidus, Autumn (David Moody's book dramatised), Alive Inside, and dramatisations of some of Scott Sigler's books like Contagious, and Infected

Most of those if not all should still be on itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Still relistening and I'm just finished the account of when CJ,s tower was taken
    Two things stood out that I didn't notice before
    Firstly kalani was told the randy and a couple of techies were sent to the waterworks to fix a problem..........so that ties in with michaels encounter at the waterworks and when the Z tried to take tanya from the tower' both times he said randy.
    Secondly kalani met skittles real name duncan(if I remember right) at the tower just as they were escapeing the z attack.
    So when kalani and angel met skittles he said he looked familiar angel said don't mind him he is screwed up

WA_S4July_Promo_Final.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Reminding me I have to wait a month. Harsh.

Advertisement