Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

It's up!

Whoa.... the infection spread from West to East coast in 1.5 days! That is FAST. Also confirmation this is a worldwide issue and that the military opinion is that the war is being lost.
    So - they talk about all this stuff and Michael doesn't bring up the special zombies they've been seeing? I don't remember if the military knew about them or not.

The party is split AGAIN - how many story lines are they going to keep up with. If they follow the civs to Boulder that will be 3 story lines.

... and Tanya has been bit. wtf. stupid cliffhangers...

Cpl Puck's voice still grates on me... that awful accent. grrrr
    "Kelly... is Kelly.... and she's great." LOL. Nice one Michael.

I want more of Victor and Saul!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I wonder if they are cutting down or characters or are they going to introduce more. I would have liked to see Pegs stay and grow more even though she annoyed me at times. Too bad about Tanya.

No word if military and mallers are connected? I assume Michael will tell the military all he knows.

No word if military and mallers are connected? I assume Michael will tell the military all he knows.

I'm wondering this too or they knew about the Colony.... odd Michael didn't volunteer all that info straight away. Maybe he was still in a bit of shock or maybe he'll be debriefed in more detail later. Just seems strange for an Intel officer to not mention those kinds of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yet another boring episode.

We already knew that the problem was global as the news programmes that people had tivo'd in the tower told us this in the first season. France, England etc were all mention in season one as having outbreaks. We also knew about the fast spread since season one so again it was old stuff being passed off as if it was something new.

Group split again :rolleyes:

So now we have Michael and Riley at the base.

Datu & co heading to Boulder.

Victor and Saul with CJ in the city.

The Mallers (who still have Lizzie and most likely Burt and Angel) who were heading somewhere at the end of season two and who have been totally ignored this season.

The creatures are still pretty much a very distant afterthought this season. Despite the fact that Michael & co flew over a massive group of them in the town/city/suburb nearest to the army base.

Tattooed creature has gone from popping up on a regular basis each season to not at all.

Skittles is another cast to the side.

The Colony seem to be another afterthought, although I did wonder if Peg mentioning them briefly in coversation with Michael was meant to be a hint of things to come, but maybe I am giving the writers too much credit.

So no idea what has happened to Burt and Angel (despite their fate being the after credit cliffhanger for season two)

No closer to anything happening in the Lizzie storyline.

Each week is just dull "event" after dull event now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

I thought it was good enough, got confirmation on a lot of things and Boulder city is an interesting addition, I doubt the Mallers have anything to do with the Military Base at this stage, 150,000 people seems a little beyond the scope of escaped convicts.
    Though the connection with the Colony seems more likely, we know that before the Colony was set up people were being evacuated from there, maybe the reference to people being over ambitious is a reference to setting up the Colony?

It seems that the series going through a fundemential shift from a few scattered survivors to a concentrated large scale battle for humanity, and in light of that the time they took to set the seen, though tireing at times, may give a good foundation to the new storyline down the line, If I was to guess at whats coming, I would say that Victor and Saul find a way to contact the Military base and tell them about the hotspot they have being looking into, possibly after learning more about it than they already know, and then we see Michael leading a team into the hotspot to try and find out more about how it all started and maybe find a way to fight back.

Whatever happens, I get the feeling that a largescale engadgement/showdown is coming. Based on a Population of 150,000, you could expect a military force of 5000-8000, depending on munitions.

Also, does anyone find it slightly odd that they seem to be relying on Voulenteers? You would surely expect conscription in an emergency situation like this?
    Finally, you have to imagine that there would still be quite strong naval forces about, that a base like the one Michael is on should be in contact with, How would the Zombies get to a Carrier taskforce in the middle of the Pacific(Sure some of them can swim, but not that far, and how the fuc would they find it,) not to mention the dozzens of Nuclear subs the US, and other countries have stationed around the world.

Also with regards Tanya, I think the suggestion that She and Saul have been enjoying the Benefit of some sort of cure is gaining weight, if she is bitten, she would definatly have turned well before they reached the base not to mention how long she was there before the medical, though why she kept the cure to herself is a bit of a mystery, maybe she only had a little of the necessary drug and did'nt want to share?

I thought it was good enough, got confirmation on a lot of things and Boulder city is an interesting addition, I doubt the Mallers have anything to do with the Military Base at this stage, 150,000 people seems a little beyond the scope of escaped convicts.
    Though the connection with the Colony seems more likely, we know that before the Colony was set up people were being evacuated from there, maybe the reference to people being over ambitious is a reference to setting up the Colony?

It seems that the series going through a fundemential shift from a few scattered survivors to a concentrated large scale battle for humanity, and in light of that the time they took to set the seen, though tireing at times, may give a good foundation to the new storyline down the line, If I was to guess at whats coming, I would say that Victor and Saul find a way to contact the Military base and tell them about the hotspot they have being looking into, possibly after learning more about it than they already know, and then we see Michael leading a team into the hotspot to try and find out more about how it all started and maybe find a way to fight back.

Whatever happens, I get the feeling that a largescale engadgement/showdown is coming. Based on a Population of 150,000, you could expect a military force of 5000-8000, depending on munitions.

Also, does anyone find it slightly odd that they seem to be relying on Voulenteers? You would surely expect conscription in an emergency situation like this?
    Finally, you have to imagine that there would still be quite strong naval forces about, that a base like the one Michael is on should be in contact with, How would the Zombies get to a Carrier taskforce in the middle of the Pacific(Sure some of them can swim, but not that far, and how the fuc would they find it,) not to mention the dozzens of Nuclear subs the US, and other countries have stationed around the world.

Also with regards Tanya, I think the suggestion that She and Saul have been enjoying the Benefit of some sort of cure is gaining weight, if she is bitten, she would definatly have turned well before they reached the base not to mention how long she was there before the medical, though why she kept the cure to herself is a bit of a mystery, maybe she only had a little of the necessary drug and did'nt want to share?

You mean like how they managed to pop up on all the islands of Hawaii at roughly the same time as they were breaking out in California?

The 1.5 day thing is a bit of a cop out as well, as the only way it could go West to East across the United States that quickly is if it was an airborne infection.

And if we go by the comment about a reported outbreak in Japan and assume that the infection travelled from there by air (West to East) crossing the pacific getting Hawaii along the way then the West coast and onwards, then season one cocked up with the recorded tv footage of it being in France etc on the same day as the news reports of it being in America. We know this already as Michael's crew checked all the recorded stuff from TV before the Tower's power first went out during their first few days in the tower.

And if it did travel from West to East, then the ground zero idea for California is debunked if they want to also use Japan as a potential starting point. Plus if the Colonel is right and it did spread from West to East, then multiple outbreaks in different locations but at the same time could not have happened.

Also America has a population of over 310 million people. So if Boulder has a population of 150,000 and if we are generous and say that there is the same number of survivors scattered around the country, then that leaves the potential for literally a few hundred million creatures if the infection was airborne.

Even if only a fifth of the population became infected and the rest died (save for Boulder's 150k and the random 150k of stragglers), that still leaves us with at least 60 million creatures in America.

So if we are to get any sort of big scale battles, we are talking about thousands (at best) against millions.

Also if the infection went West to East and devestated the entire country in 1.5 days, there is the small matter of Boulder being directly East of California, So if the infection spread east, then Colorado would be hit by the infection as it crossed the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Kess73 wrote: »
    You mean like how they managed to pop up on all the islands of Hawaii at roughly the same time as they were breaking out in California?

The 1.5 day thing is a bit of a cop out as well, as the only way it could go West to East across the United States that quickly is if it was an airborne infection.

And if we go by the comment about a reported outbreak in Japan and assume that the infection travelled from there by air (West to East) crossing the pacific getting Hawaii along the way then the West coast and onwards, then season one cocked up with the recorded tv footage of it being in France etc on the same day as the news reports of it being in America. We know this already as Michael's crew checked all the recorded stuff from TV before the Tower's power first went out during their first few days in the tower.

And if it did travel from West to East, then the ground zero idea for California is debunked if they want to also use Japan as a potential starting point. Plus if the Colonel is right and it did spread from West to East, then multiple outbreaks in different locations but at the same time could not have happened.

I think multiple outbreaks at the same time is fairly well established at this stage, except that it in the US the outbreak points seem to have all been on the west cost. Possibly there were further outbreak points closer to the east cost that were not mentioned, Maybe they dont know where they were, that would be the only suitable explination for the infection reaching the East coast in such a short time.

Also America has a population of over 310 million people. So if Boulder has a population of 150,000 and if we are generous and say that there is the same number of survivors scattered around the country, then that leaves the potential for literally a few hundred million creatures if the infection was airborne.

Even if only a fifth of the population became infected and the rest died (save for Boulder's 150k and the random 150k of stragglers), that still leaves us with at least 60 million creatures in America.

So if we are to get any sort of big scale battles, we are talking about thousands (at best) against millions.

Also if the infection went West to East and devestated the entire country in 1.5 days, there is the small matter of Boulder being directly East of California, So if the infection spread east, then Colorado would be hit by the infection as it crossed the country.

As for the dispairity in numbers, no question of killing all the Zombies by convential means, (well in reality it could be done by taking on and wipeing out zombies in managable numbers location to location, gradually expanding the zombie free area, but it would be a massive and long term undertaking, and I doubt the series is going to go in that direction) but the potential military force available does mean that they could gain local superiority for a time in almost any location, making a raid type operation to an outbreak point to try and learn more about the cause of the outbreak and possibly find a way to develop a chemical weapon to end the zombie threat a posibility, we know they don't like the air around the (supposed) outbreak site Saul and Victor were at.

As for boulder city, I would imagin that it is either so remote that the Zombies never came through, or the Militery were able to come in after they did pass through and kill the remaining Zombies and secure the location.

With an reasonably large and organised military force, you could take on a zombie hoard several times your size with very little to worry about, WW1 showed the results of massed attacks against prepared positions defended with machine guns, the defenders could hold out as long as their munitions allowed, and as already mentioned, their ability to perform raid type operations where they can take a location and defend it for as long as needs be before pulling out means that supply should not be a major issue, they can go to any munitions factory/military base in range and clean them out.
    Thats the kind of fundemental change that has been brought into the series, the scope for large scale actions, including limited offencive operations has been massively increased.
    The only problem is that a massive hoard, millions strong will come along and overwhelm the base and boulder city, and I admit there have been indications that this may happen with the number of Zombies seen close to the base as the group made their way there, and the apparent lack of Zombies left behind in L.A.

Almost forgot that today is a

NEW

EPISODE

DAY

Grrrrrrrrrr

Another two week wait between episodes. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Grrrrrrrrrr

Another two week wait between episodes. :mad:
    Hasn't there always been a two-week gap between each three-part episode? And the occasional extra week skipped for things like thanksgiving

Umm... its there guys. Just started listening to it now. First chance I had to check it out.

The bite explained.... sorta. Not sure why she didn't turn though. Maybe because the one that bit her was a slow-turner? Perhaps it was whatever they cleaned the bite up with.

And guess who's still alive??? There's a "she" for sure and a "he" with a tube down this throat. Whoever "he" is - is dying. It's Angel - and he's a member of one of the "families" according to Scratch. Gangs? Organized crime? Whoever his Dad is/was I take it he was a bad dude.

Good to hear from the Mallers, to be honest. Where ever they are they have decent medical facilities by the sound of it. Heh... kinda liked the Angel jokes they were making.

At least Angel didn't tell them where Michael and Co. went to. Atta boy Lt. Sucked he went out that way but at least he didn't give in. Wow.

BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT! YEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!! The bad man lives. Hope he takes out Scratch while going down in a blaze of glory.

What a crappy way to get rid of the character of Angel. We don't even get to hear his voice once. Some medical machines beeping and Scratch yapping away followed by a bullet to the head.

Have no idea how Angel's hands were all torn up from the cable between the buildings because he did not get to use it as he was on top of tower 1 when it fell down and not on the cable. He missed his turn because he went back downstairs to get Kalani's diary. It was Burt who was on the cable between the two buildings when the cable snapped due to the tower going down.

Lizzie we knew was alive anyway and we knew that she was a prisoner of the Mallers but no voice for her either. I wonder if my theory from a few months back on this thread about them possibly not being able to afford certain voice actors is the reason behind a lot of the storylines not being followed up on in any detail. Killing off Angel without him even saying a word might suggest this.

And Angel is the son of a crime lord? I suppose that is their way of explaining how he knew how to hotwire cars etc., but Scratch and Durai are now also familiy members of crime families as well? I just hope that they are not going to try and add a gangster storyline to things. So we know have to take Durai as being a memeber of a crime family and also that he is a similar level marksman to Burt, the same Burt with years of military training and who was a champion marksman?

And Burt is alive. Well we knew that as well as the after credits bit in the season two finale had the Mallers find two male survivors. Curious how Burt did survive though as he was on a cable between the towers and fell from there, some 40 stories up. My guess is that they will retcon his fall and say he had a grip on the cable and the bit attached to the second building swung him to a balcony or something.

The Tanya storyline I really don't care about because the whole army base story has been a dull let down, and I don't know how Tanya was bitten a month ago by the slowturner she said she told Michael about because a month ago she was in the tower not the Colony and she mentioned the slowturner when Michael was at the Colony.

Interesting that the Mallers are somewhere secure that has holding rooms and, a medical facility that is fully powered. Actually sounds a bit like the Colony in set up. Brick seems to get a lot of mentions again and he did so in season two as well so either he is going to be involved in helping Burt/Lizzie escape or he will be what Burt/Lizzie have to overcome to escape as Brick is the guy who has freakish strength and who tore limbs off of a creature with his bare hands. Or maybe Brick will get infected and we will see a new Behemoth created.

All in all not a good episode, but at least we got 8 or 9 minutes of it that was trying to finally tie in with season two cliffhanger.

Time for a new episode. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Can't wait to find out if Michael got a new keyboard & mouse or did he have make do with a second hand set.

New episode is just up on itunes, and yet again there is another two week gap to the next episode.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

New episode is just up on itunes, and yet again there is another two week gap to the next episode.

So Saul ate some eggs, and nearly met someone from the army base. Nearly passed out from the excitement.

Better than recent episodes, but in reality it would have been regarded as a filler episode if it was part of seasons one or two.

The Burt reveal and the death of Angel from the last episode is not followed up upon, and there just seems to be no sense of flow at all in season three.

Couple of things made me scratch my head though. When Saul is writing in his diary he says that he still looks for Lizzie when he is out and about in the city (plus he mentions that five months have passed since the tower fell), but he also mentions that he is looking for Michael when he is out and about. Why would he be looking for Michael when he knew exactly where the helicopter was going? He knew about the plan to fly to the army base and he knew that was where Michael went. Him saying that he keeps an eye out for Michael in the city does not make a lot of sense.

Then we have special creature number 12. The small version of the creatures. Which going by comments in the episode have somehow grown bigger in size. The pier had lots of them as the chopper took off, but Saul and Vic arrive as the chopper is moving away and the pier is empty of live creatures. Now they used the excuse of the chopper making noise and the creatures following, but the two boys drove up in a car and made a fair bit of noise themselves but no creatures came for them, not to mention they were out for six days and using a car to get around and had no creature attacks. Seems to be very easy to get around with no creatures or hostile humans to be found in any great numbers anymore.

16 episodes into season three and it seems that we are just getting by on scraps now with no real headway being made into the stuff from seasons one or two, and no real headway being made into the new stuff from season three.

I want the We're Alive from Seasons one and two back. The We're Alive that had the odd filler episode and the odd dull episode, but had plenty of stuff that made you really want to find out what happens next.

It just might be the day for a brand new episode. :)

• Advertisement

And it is now up on itunes.

I still can't see it on iTunes :( It seems to take longer to update when you're downloading it directly to your phone rather than onto a computer

Whooooooooa.... the Mallers took over the Colony?!?!

At least we are connecting some more dots. Not a bad episode. Still filling in some back story but at least we seem to be getting somewhere.

And Lizzie is still with the Mallers... and pregnant?! Wowzers.

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Whooooooooa.... the Mallers took over the Colony?!?!

At least we are connecting some more dots. Not a bad episode. Still filling in some back story but at least we seem to be getting somewhere.

And Lizzie is still with the Mallers... and pregnant?! Wowzers.

We knew Lizzie was still with the Mallers, but the being pregnant thing is new. Guess that means Saul will be a daddy in a few months as it has been six months (in We're Alive time) since Lizzie was captured.

Plus we have a timeline for how long it took the little creatures to grow into tall creatures, just under six months. Seems a bit of a weird twist that the creatures could mutate into another form of creature so quickly (not to mention put on so much extra body mass etc in that timeframe) but at least it meant there was a tiny bit of creature action.

Wonder what other upgrades the creatures have gotten? The ability to be able to push a hand right through a steel door is certainly new given that heavy wooden doors were able to act as a barrier in the past.

Am a bit suspicious about the two guys from the colony though. We know that the Mallers have a habit of capturing people and then sending them out again as spies for them, so these two may be on that kind of mission if they have loved ones being held by the Mallers.

What I thought was odd was that Hope was simply called the girl or the young girl rather than by name by the second Colony dude. I wonder if he is a Maller as the Colony people pretty much knew each other by name and a blind girl would certainly stand out in a small community.

At least we got some closure to that radio message sent by Michael when he was in the Colony. It was a pretty big plot hole that needed filling as up until now that was pretty much the only radio message that was not intercepted by the Mallers.

Am a bit suspicious about the two guys from the colony though. We know that the Mallers have a habit of capturing people and then sending them out again as spies for them, so these two may be on that kind of mission if they have loved ones being held by the Mallers.

What I thought was odd was that Hope was simply called the girl or the young girl rather than by name by the second Colony dude. I wonder if he is a Maller as the Colony people pretty much knew each other by name and a blind girl would certainly stand out in a small community.
    I don’t think they’re mallers, unless the mallers had some connection with the colony while Michael et al were there. Glen was the one in charge of the radios, and Pete was the one who ran the shop where you could exchange bottles of water etc. I wouldn’t have remembered such a minor character except that he’s played by Greg Miller, who was involved in the We’re Not Dead fan podcast.

He’s a better actor than the old fella though… When Glen was saying all about how he knew Victor wouldn’t have left them, and then about how they’d been betrayed, he sounded like he was reading it off a sheet!

Fishie wrote: »
    I don’t think they’re mallers, unless the mallers had some connection with the colony while Michael et al were there. Glen was the one in charge of the radios, and Pete was the one who ran the shop where you could exchange bottles of water etc. I wouldn’t have remembered such a minor character except that he’s played by Greg Miller, who was involved in the We’re Not Dead fan podcast.

He’s a better actor than the old fella though… When Glen was saying all about how he knew Victor wouldn’t have left them, and then about how they’d been betrayed, he sounded like he was reading it off a sheet!

Good memory on Pete. Had totally forgotten about his character although I did remember Glen in charge of communications.

I still wonder if they have been sent out by the Mallers though. The Mallers do have a history of using others to do their spying for them. They used Kalani that way and also Pippin. Would not be much of a stretch for them to threaten someone close to Glen or Pete if the two lads did not go and get info for them from anyone they came across.

It does sound like the Mallers took over the Colony a little bit too easily though. When Michael. Riley, and Kelly first got there, the streets were blocked with unused vehicles and the like to make it impossible to get close other than on foot, then it had it's gang plank things that only allowed people to enter the opening stages in single file. Then there was the heavy duty quarantine style room before anyone got in. Not to mention the fact it had sniper towers around it, sniper towers that were still active enough to give Michael and co a hairy escape and were certainly not low on ammo.

Edit: Just had a read through the summary of chapter 18. The road was blocked and full of traps, but there was one fatal flaw in the Coilony's last line of defence. They had an electronic keypad on the main gates with the code for the lock stuck to the keypad on the outside.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Any chance it isn't Saul's baby? They said she was always with the big guy, was that the dim sounding guy brick?

Could be a bit of Stockholm syndrome...

New episode day. Episode should be up on itunes in approx 6 hours and will be on the official site much sooner.

Is up on itunes now.

And to get my complaint in early, yet another two week wait for the next episode. :D

• Advertisement

Probably on par with the episode that came before it, which is a good thing. Nothing really new in the episode. We knew that the creatures attacking can mutate from one form to another and do so quickly. (funny how this ability to mutate from one form to a much bigger form and so quickly was never noticed before by any of the groups)

We know that the numbered creatures will have come from the hospital as we know there is the tattoo equipment along a lab/alteration room there.

Surprised that Saul did not know the patch for Fort Irwin as I am pretty sure that Michael said in season one that he and Saul did their initial training there. I am guessing the surprise in his voice at the patch is because he now knows that Fort Irwin is actually active and he knows that Michael and the rest went there as per the escape plan in the chopper.

Advertisement