Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

Exactly. I got a shock when he let us in, actually. I expected him to tell us where to go but, as you said, I didn't really think much of him for caving in so easily to what was really an off-the-cuff remark on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

bah1011 wrote: »
    If your in a group of over 3 fellas in cork you don't get in most of the time especially if it is a busy night. so most of them just enjoy the reaction they get from saying no.

Where in God's name are you trying to get into? I get told I look like a thug all the time but I've never had hassle as I'm polite. There are a few places you know will be a struggle but lay off the gat before you go in and theres neer a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

leggo wrote: »
    I hate the 'regulars' excuse...

Wobbles my tits too, I cringe when I hear it.

And the few times I've been stopped with lads I've actually felt pity for the fool throwing that out at me.. I wouldn't make the staffs life any harder, and just take the lads on some place else - there's always someone willing to take your money.

"Sorry lads, regulars only" - red flag to the bull mostly.

Be up front and confident, or to put it another way 'Peace through superior intimidation' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Listen, I'm really not getting my back up with you (although it may seem like that), and I'm not qualified to offer you legal advice.

But if someone accused me of causing trouble and dealing drugs I'd be talking to my solicitor and not posting about it online.

If a club has wronged you you should redress that and sue, nothing says "up your bollox" to a pub/club than someone taking a few quid off them.

I didnt think you were I was just stating my position regards posting it, far from wanting legal advice I was looking for advice on the chain of command regards reporting this. I dont want to hurt or attack the club im sure that ignorant man at the door does not represent the owner or manager, both of who are purported to be reasonable people. I simply dont want to see a man accusing people of dealing drugs as a replacement for "not tonight lads" on the door.

I once went to a well known bar in Dublin with 2 friends (all of us female), I was driving and was able to park practically right outside - in full view of the bouncers.

There were 3 of them on the door. They began to give us a discourteous load of piffle as regards 'regulars only', 'ive never seen you before' (to the regular), 'i do know your face' (to the one who'd never been there) and more rubbish. We were meeting other people there for a birthday otherwise I would have just not bothered going in. After some minutes of a power trip they let us in. There was a small amount of further discourtesy later on when one of the girls went to the loo, the bouncer took her stool to sit on by the dance floor and when she came back he told her it was a 'staff' stool - despite the fact she had been sitting on it all night.

Anyway, I left and drove home later that evening and the next day i typed a very nice complaint letter, phoned the bar, asked for the owners name and contact address and posted it.

I received a detailed reply where the owner referred to the bouncers as goons and thugs, assured me he would review his security arrangements (it was a security company hire - not his direct staff) and included a 50 euro voucher for a meal at any of his establishments.

Complain people - if you are polite and the owner cares about his establishment you will get a response - otherwise vote with the feet and dont frequent places where you do not like the behaviour of the staff.

On a more general note I usually find bouncers to be grand - just people doing a job.

I agree with the complaint bit, I can fully understand there have to be measures taken with scumbags but to be a ass to people who wouldnt bother anyone is ridiculous. I will complain and you were right to aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I dont want to hurt or attack the club im sure that ignorant man at the door does not represent the owner or manager

He does, they're employing him.. Your too soft, sue!.

He does, they're employing him.. Your too soft, sue!.

I dont want it too seem im in it for the money I work thats how I get my money, I told the doorman I would be making a complaint. By the way funninly enough I was searching online for the way to deal with this and results came up on boards from five years ago posted by someone who had the exact same experience as me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Stevo1011

Its a shae not all lads can defend themselves against them,

fair play to those lads

I once went to a well known bar in Dublin with 2 friends (all of us female), I was driving and was able to park practically right outside - in full view of the bouncers.

There were 3 of them on the door. They began to give us a discourteous load of piffle as regards 'regulars only', 'ive never seen you before' (to the regular), 'i do know your face' (to the one who'd never been there) and more rubbish. We were meeting other people there for a birthday otherwise I would have just not bothered going in. After some minutes of a power trip they let us in. There was a small amount of further discourtesy later on when one of the girls went to the loo, the bouncer took her stool to sit on by the dance floor and when she came back he told her it was a 'staff' stool - despite the fact she had been sitting on it all night.

Anyway, I left and drove home later that evening and the next day i typed a very nice complaint letter, phoned the bar, asked for the owners name and contact address and posted it.

I received a detailed reply where the owner referred to the bouncers as goons and thugs, assured me he would review his security arrangements (it was a security company hire - not his direct staff) and included a 50 euro voucher for a meal at any of his establishments.

Complain people - if you are polite and the owner cares about his establishment you will get a response - otherwise vote with the feet and dont frequent places where you do not like the behaviour of the staff.

On a more general note I usually find bouncers to be grand - just people doing a job.

Is it unusual for them to give the owners contact details? If not ill try tommorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I dont want to hurt or attack the club im sure that ignorant man at the door does not represent the owner or manager

Chances are the security guy isnt directly employed by the cub so you can sue the company they hire security off(pick who is richer, the club or the security company and sue them, they will fight amongst themselves then)

• Advertisement

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Chances are the security guy isnt directly employed by the cub so you can sue the company they hire security off(pick who is richer, the club or the security company and sue them, they will fight amongst themselves then)

If the essence is that the guy gets fired then happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Is it unusual for them to give the owners contact details? If not ill try tommorrow.

I dont see why - you are asking for his business details - not his home address.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭VNP

I dont see why - you are asking for his business details - not his home address.

Yes got it thanks, ill send him a mail and threaten legal action if the results are not to my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

Bas Ruten is one crazy mother fúcker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rgck

Has anyone any idea on what bouncers rights are and how they can act and treat people ? Any advice would help ?

Rgck wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea on what bouncers rights are and how they can act and treat people ? Any advice would help ?

Hi Rjck

This thread is 3 years old so I've locked it.

If you want to ask about bouncers' rights, then the legal discussion forum may be the place to ask but you will need to read their charter before posting. Bear in mind that there is nowhere on boards.ie to ask for legal advice and you'll need to talk a solicitor if that's what you're after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement