Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones - Who do you want and why? [ELECTION 2011] All posts here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Welcome to the world of FG leaving a phone message for Labour to see if they want to go out together.

We have replaced one Croney riddled party with 2 croney riddled parties, well done everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

We have replaced one Croney riddled party with 2 croney riddled parties, well done everyone.

That's the spirit! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Before the recount;
    Dickroach = 4135
    PatFitz = 4138

After the recount
    Dickroach = 4129
    PatFitz = 4140
    :pac::pac::pac:

Still, it could have gone the other way... he was right to call a recount.

And then if Joe Behan's transfers had gone to FF instead of mostly to Donnelly and Ferris.... Dick might have got back in.

Interesting that Donnelly was picking up transfers from everyone, whereas the others mostly had to wait for a running mate to get eliminated before they would get a boost.

http://www.rte.ie/news/election2011/results/wicklow.html

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

She only got 705 votes from Pat Fitzgerald. She got 2,530 from Tom Fortune.

Thanks that makes more sense I was misinformed.

Welcome to the world of FG leaving a phone message for Labour to see if they want to go out together.

Can't wait to hear what option we had.

• Advertisement

Huntthe wrote: »
    Thanks that makes more sense I was misinformed.

I think the Twitter feed on the RTÉ site said that they were distributing Pat Fitzgerald's votes and that Ferris had got 2530, but I think that was supposed to mean that she'd just gotten 2530 in the last count, which was Tom Fortune's votes, and that they were about to distribute Pat Fitzgerald's. Misleading, but probably due to character limit on Twitter! :) The chart shows them coming from Tom Fortune.

I think the Twitter feed on the RTÉ site said that they were distributing Pat Fitzgerald's votes and that Ferris had got 2530, but I think that was supposed to mean that she'd just gotten 2530 in the last count, which was Tom Fortune's votes, and that they were about to distribute Pat Fitzgerald's. Misleading, but probably due to character limit on Twitter! :) The chart shows them coming from Tom Fortune.

Someones on the ball ;)

Huntthe wrote: »
    Someones on the ball ;)

I was just frantically hitting refresh during the whole thing! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

RTE's twitter feed was pretty poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

For those councillors who ran, did they have to resign their council seat first? or are they back to the councillor when not elected?

The choice was electing all independents and letting them fight it out battle royale style across the Dail until onky 2 were left and they went hand to hand like Kirk and the Green Monster in STOS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

For those councillors who ran, did they have to resign their council seat first? or are they back to the councillor when not elected?

The choice was electing all independents and letting them fight it out battle royale style across the Dail until onky 2 were left and they went hand to hand like Kirk and the Green Monster in STOS.

Back to the Council, business as usual. FG/Labour accountability will be better than FFs, even years ago in my local authority days there was always a clear distinction between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Lets be positive and move on, democracy does work.
    Isn't The Shoreline Centre a super venue.
    Well done to everyone involved in the count.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

After all that, we did establish one fact - Shoreline's car park isn't big enough. :rolleyes:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    After all that, we did establish one fact - Shoreline's car park isn't big enough. :rolleyes:

For an extra extra large number of cars :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I haven't been out and about today... I was wondering if the candidates' supporters availed of the opportunity during the recount kerfuffle to go around the area and take down the posters?

Seems like it would have been a productive way to while away the hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

posters still up around kilcoole anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

pixbyjohn wrote: »

Pixbyjohn, I was down at Shoreline about that time. Must say I wondered/guessed you were among the photographers there. Which one were you? How about posting a mugshot? We ought to know!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

loobylou wrote: »
    Pixbyjohn, I was down at Shoreline about that time. Must say I wondered/guessed you were among the photographers there. Which one were you? How about posting a mugshot? We ought to know!:D

I finally figured it out after speaking to him down there :D

Had me baffled for ages.

Thought it was someone else all this time even though they denied it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

Swanner wrote: »
    I finally figured it out after speaking to him down there :D

Had me baffled for ages.

Thought it was someone else all this time even though they denied it :)

Pixbyjohn is becoming a legend.

I often thought of Pixbyjohn as a chronicler of Greystones past and present,

providing an invaluable service.

Edited to add; on this occasion reporting on Election 2011 (so as to keep my post on topic!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

So we are nearly a week on and we have no goverment in place? They are still just chatting. F*S.

Good job the country's not in financial and economic meltdown that's all i can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

GingerDave wrote: »
    So we are nearly a week on and we have no goverment in place? They are still just chatting. F*S.

Good job the country's not in financial and economic meltdown that's all i can say.
    negotiations always take this long!

There are some countries where it has taken months

The Dail is scheduled to meet on Wednesday to elect a government

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

And whilst the political elite get paid a fortune to negotiate the direction of thier own gravy train....1000's of people will leave the country etc etc

In exceptional and critial times ireland need exceptional leaderships, strategy and policies......quickly........same old same old as far as i can see.

same old same old as far as i can see.

It's only 1 week since the election! :)

Thats my point.....a whole week has gone by with nothing done. Given the state the country is in this is V frustrating.

In the real world, in a business that was bankrupt and needed truning around urgently .....a hell of a lot could and would be acheived in a week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You should try living in the Netherlands, it (the formation of a new government) can, and usually does, take literally months there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I could understand frustration if they were months into negotiations - the simple fact is that they have been negotiating less than a week and running a country isn't the same as running a business

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Belgium marks 250 days with no government
    No workable coalition since June 2010 elections

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    No workable coalition since June 2010 elections

Ah now there's the difference. In Ireland we have coalitions that are ostensibly working, but which in reality are not workable either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Be patient, anything has to be better than what they're replacing. They can't bankrupt this joint a second time. I'd have voted for garoyles if they were on the ballot paper to get this shower out.

Advertisement