Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongar pub?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

I believe the tenant for the last few years is the new purchaser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Opening a function room upstairs and a kitchen downstairs so they will be doing food now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I just don't understand what the big secret is about who owns the local pub :confused:

Is there something stopping the people "in the know" stating who is the new purchaser??.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Smart business move 250 grand for the place or 50 grand a year to rent

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SilverStones

I'm new to d15 and tried this place out recently. Their facebook page makes it seem promising and lively, but i was really disappointed. The bar staff are friendly, but that's about it. The waitress that served me was extremely common, had an attitude and clearly didn't want the effort of working. She got my order wrong, and when my food eventually arrived (after her errors which she was unapologetic about) - it was slightly cold. I was in a bit of a rush so I didn't bother complaining. I understand that it may not be her 'ideal' job but a little bit of customer service and a smile would go a long way rather than being greeted with a grumpy face and bad manner. The place itself was extremely quiet, no atmosphere. Might try the paddocks in clonee, I've heard that's better!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm new to d15 and tried this place out recently. Their facebook page makes it seem promising and lively, but i was really disappointed. The bar staff are friendly, but that's about it. The waitress that served me was extremely common, had an attitude and clearly didn't want the effort of working. She got my order wrong, and when my food eventually arrived (after her errors which she was unapologetic about) - it was slightly cold. I was in a bit of a rush so I didn't bother complaining. I understand that it may not be her 'ideal' job but a little bit of customer service and a smile would go a long way rather than being greeted with a grumpy face and bad manner. The place itself was extremely quiet, no atmosphere. Might try the paddocks in clonee, I've heard that's better!

Oh my! I worry you about you in amongst the commoners of Clonee (and indeed the wider D15).

God speed!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

amdublin wrote: »
    Oh my! I worry you about you in amongst the commoners of Clonee (and indeed the wider D15).

God speed!

:D

Common....that's a pretty harsh (and subjective!) observation, SilverStones. Fair enough re the service and even re the waitress's manner in terms of her being unapologetic about her error, but "common" is a bit too personal, IMO.

I find the pub's atmosphere is a lot better since they started doing food after the change of ownership. The demographic is a lot more varied now. I just always feel like they don't have enough customers to have a buzzing atmosphere...it works in my favour when we go in there for a family meal because it's not overly busy, like The Paddocks can sometimes be on a Sunday, IMO. It's not a hopping place for a night out, though.

I'm still glad to have it all the same.

Advertisement