Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongar pub?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK folks, could we please get back to having a proper discussion rather than turning the thread into a series of PM requests. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

hows building coming along? Feck the builders get the kegs cracked open and ill sit on the floor drinkin!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Really looking forward to spending a few Saturdays in here,few pints bets and a Pizza or chipper afterwards,
    Latest is the licence has been delayed for 3 weeks or so...

I was afraid that it turn the village into a mess but dont think so now..

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Ok. Heard the rumour about who is the Kelly behind the name and why there is a delay in the licence being granted.

Dunno what to make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Polar101

Name sign is up outside the pub now, so maybe it's "opening soon" (tm) now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I heard it waiting for a Health and Safety or fire officer inspection. Something along those lines.
    Opening 2 weeks from Saturday just gone I was told also by the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

All of us Ongar alcos await with eager breath!!! Now, that the name is up above the door makes it more of a reality for me! I remember Jaipur having difficulties opening too a couple of years back. I think they were delayed by almost a year but I recall it was down to some plumbing issue. Fingers crossed, Kellys do not have any such delays!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Anyone know whats happening with the opening, PM me on the backer be interested in that one :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 glowgo

opening in two weeks!everything is finished on the inside!!i saw kegs being delivered today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Lookin forward to this pub opening!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Hookie07

Looking forward to many a weekend pint here. Lets hope it is soon! Much needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I met a guy earlier who said it was opening on the 5th May.

The guy who owns it is Tommy Kelly, a nice guy, but not to be messed with iykwim. He runs a security business so I'd say the pub will be will be trouble free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Errrm, what are you guys on about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Seriously guys, keep on topic.

No more insinuations about the owners/backers of this business please or the thread will have to close.

Final warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slaphead_

So is it due to open today?

So is it open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I can't stand the tension, I am going to go down and look!

well? or u too sozzled to say

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slaphead_

Just drove by. Not open. They haven't done any advertising either, they don't seem to be too bothered.

• Advertisement

ronan45 wrote: »
    well? or u too sozzled to say

I wish :) No signs of anything going on.

Passed by today, lights were on upstairs but no sign of movement at all. Doors still shut. Parched at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Next sitting of the Court 13th May (I think) so licence should be granted then.

I really hope they're going to run a decent shop. The last thing we need is a pub with clientele akin to The Clonsilla Inn or The Paddocks. Then again, in today's economy it's hard for a publican to be discerning with regard to who it serves... Another Grasshopper would be perfect :)

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    Next sitting of the Court 13th May (I think) so licence should be granted then.

I really hope they're going to run a decent shop. The last thing we need is a pub with clientele akin to The Clonsilla Inn or The Paddocks. Then again, in today's economy it's hard for a publican to be discerning with regard to who it serves... Another Grasshopper would be perfect :)

Interesting you mentioned The Paddocks there, I would have thought the clientèle will be very similar to that?

Paddocks aint bad, The Asylum / Clonee Sports bar,............ Now thats dodgeville

Cant wait for the boozer to open. wonder is there room out back for a beer garden, doubt it though. Ongar is really starting to come to life at last.

Really, I haven't been in the Paddocks in a while (6 months+) so maybe it's improved, but I never liked it, they (used to?) serve anyone, and gets a very rough crowd. Also those poker nights seem to attract all sorts. Each to their own I suppose.

Don't want bouncers either, but I think if Kellys got the right crowd from the beginning it could do really well, especially as people travel fron all over northside of Dublin and parts of Meath to eat in the Jaipur, the 2 could compliment each other very well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Was in the Paddocks once.
    Awful crowd that night, which surprised me I just expected a fairly decent clientele for some reason.
    It's unlikely there'll be a second time.

Gaspode- that sounds like the same crowd that was in it any time I was there too. Like you I was expecting a nice crowd, like most of the people that live around the general area, however the Paddocks seems to attract the very worst type.

Any time I go to the Paddocks, which is very rare, I like to sit in the pub rather than the lounge, its much nicer and quieter. the bands they seem to get there play at ear shattering volume, or maybe at 33 i am just too old now :)

• Advertisement

Not sure where the dodgy paddocks crowd comes from, I never see any of the people that regular there around the immediate area of clonee outside of the pub.

Advertisement