Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you feel about men crying?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I don't really like anyone crying. I don't do much crying myself and I find it uncomfortable if other people do it, although I would try my best to comfort them anyway.

At least with a crying man there is a chance he will stop soon I suppose, wheras with a woman you don't know if it will continue indefinitely!!!

Which is terrifying!!! :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I don't really like anyone crying. I don't do much crying myself and I find it uncomfortable if other people do it, although I would try my best to comfort them anyway.

At least with a crying man there is a chance he will stop soon I suppose, wheras with a woman you don't know if it will continue indefinitely!!!

Which is terrifying!!! :o

I'd a bloke on one of my teams once who cried solidly for half an hour, I just kept handing over tissues :(

I cry at sports events, like Ireland winning the Six Nations, doing well in the Cricket World Cup, qualifying for Euro whenever.

The odd movie gets me, but sports and good news get me more, actually I don't cry as much as sniffle and a few tears run from my eyes.

Sports stuff or good news stories get me every time. The bf finds it quite weird to be sniffling away when someone wins a match!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

lol i know what you mean about sporting events or tearjerking good news stories....that kind of crying doesn't bother me too much.

But it's when someone you care about is really hurting and there's nothing you can do only sit there listening and trying to help!!!

That's scary!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I don't think a man crying when he's truly upset is a problem. In 4 years, I'd say my bf has cried about 3 times in front of me (and each time it was my fault :(). I know he holds it back a lot, and I used to think it was because he wasn't comfortable around me, but that's just the way he is, and I don't like it. Though recently he has started to make an effort to open up more, and I get the feeling that the relationship is much healthier. Just my 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I´ve little tolerance for people who cry at the drop of a hat. I don´t see how crying lets anything out to be honest. Suck it up and dry your eyes and tell me what´s wrong...that goes for women and men. My housemate cries all the time and she same in yesterday crying over nothing in particular and I was thinking, "not this malarky again". She asked me is crying so often normal and I didn´t know how to answer. In my opinion it´s unfair on the other person and to be honest, she ruined my day. Sometimes I feel like crap, I have a bit of a cry in private and get on with it unless its a serious problem but this kind of emotion constantly is so draining...I wouldn´t do it to another person unless I felt I´d a worthy reason. It´s a real issue for me and I´m considering moving out (there´s other issues as well but this is particularly draining). Perhaps I´m too hard but this girl is not depressed, she´s just has a terrible habit of crying all the time at home and it´s me who has to help her stop. I can´t take much more of it.

I´d be even less tolerant of men crying...I´d really have the attitude of either talk about it with me or suck it up bu quit the blubbering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I rarely cry but I was weeping like a baby today when I went to see 'Biutiful'. I don't normally even cry at movies but this one will get ya :rolleyes:

I don't see why it should be any less PC for us men to cry than a woman.
    I completely agree with Eve Dublin though.
    'I´ve little tolerance for people who cry at the drop of a hat'

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

I have no problem with a man crying, to be honest I prefer it, I dislike the silent moody types and for it is deeply unhealthy to bottle it up. I spent years, decades bottling things up, and only now do I cry, unfortunately at the moment I cry alot so I wouldn't knock someone else for crying a lot either (I do tend to do it in private). Crying is incredibly healthy and healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I'd often shed a tear while watching a sad movie or while reading a book, I actually shed a few tears tonight while watching a video on youtube . It was a video of girl dying from cf making her last video blog with her family beside her. But i can't remember the last time i cried in front of other people.. it may have been my grandmothers funeral about 9 years ago.
    I think Irish men have a problem in general showing their emotions. I've been in situations with girls when i may have felt like crying but i'd just bite my tongue and start thinking about something else to put my mind off it.
    Nothing has ever happened in my life that has made me so happy i felt like crying, I've never really gotten that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I've watched Ratattoille twice and both times I felt myself welling up. I can't understand it....its a great movie though

Advertisement