Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best take-away in Waterford.. (Now with Poll)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Pizza palace is now the leading pizza place in town. Holy mother of jebus the pizza's are savage. Cheap as fook aswell :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Had some chips in Andy's (formerly Tony's) in the Glen last night ...

Some of the freshest tastiest chips I've had since I moved to the southeast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Blondini wrote: »
    Had some chips in Andy's (formerly Tony's) in the Glen last night ...

Some of the freshest tastiest chips I've had since I moved to the southeast!

I actually got food there on Saturday night for the first time since it became Andy's, yeah very nice chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Pizza palace is now the leading pizza place in town. Holy mother of jebus the pizza's are savage. Cheap as fook aswell :):):)

I got one on Sunday and while it was pretty cheap, there were a severe lack of toppings compared to Sopranos or Mizzoni. It didn't taste as good as Sopranos either so even though they cost a bit more I think I'll be sticking with them for the moment.

I got one on Sunday and while it was pretty cheap, there were a severe lack of toppings compared to Sopranos or Mizzoni. It didn't taste as good as Sopranos either so even though they cost a bit more I think I'll be sticking with them for the moment.
    Odd , the ones I got had plenty toppings on them.
    Sopranos are lovely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

My mother has reported that those chips from Andy's are the nicest she has tasted so there might be something to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Andy's is nice, but one of the slowest chippers I've ever been in!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

My mother has reported that those chips from Andy's are the nicest she has tasted so there might be something to this!

It is because they use new potatoes, wait til next month and see how their Chips fared .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Where is Pizza Palace? Haven't ever heard of it!

Avox wrote: »
    Where is Pizza Palace? Haven't ever heard of it!

No idea, I found it on justeat.ie and got me some nomnoms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

No idea, I found it on justeat.ie and got me some nomnoms

They wouldn't deliver out as far as me so I must investigate! Any pizza for €8 is an unreal deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Brennans have opened a new chipper on the cork road across the road from the land registery office's,yesterday was my fifth visit and i have to say the food was excellent every time,the chip's (imho)are better than walker's, with much bigger portion's.They are doing lot's of special's my favourate being chip and two batter sasuages for 3euro.Definitely worth a try.
    Happy Customer.

Will check that out this evening and will report back tomorrow with my review.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ChunkyNorris

paulme5 wrote: »
    The marian takeaway on the yellow road is a great take away if you want good food for good prices then try here lads you wont beat it !! and there taco chips are something else !!!!

I know I'm not the only one but I have gotten food poisoning out of the Marian, twice.

Avoid like the plague

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deise55

paulme5 wrote: »
    The marian takeaway on the yellow road is a great take away if you want good food for good prices then try here lads you wont beat it !! and there taco chips are something else !!!!

I know I'm not the only one but I have gotten food poisoning out of the Marian, twice.

Avoid like the plague

I'm sorry, I find that really hard to believe I've been going there for years and yer man Angelo keeps the place seriously clean and I've never EVER been made sick from it. I know someone that used to work there too and they said he only gets top quality! Did you tell him that you were sick before bad mouthing the place? Bet he would have liked the opportunity to investigate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 david 525

Avoid like the plague

The marian is one of the best takeaways in waterford angelo has served me for over 15 years and not once had i ever a problem with his food it is quality i have eaten in many takeaways and by far he is the best you must have been out the night before and thats what made you sick mate !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

deise55 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I find that really hard to believe I've been going there for years and yer man Angelo keeps the place seriously clean and I've never EVER been made sick from it. I know someone that used to work there too and they said he only gets top quality! Did you tell him that you were sick before bad mouthing the place? Bet he would have liked the opportunity to investigate!

If he is the same Angelo that used to have the Ballybricken take away,I agree 100% with the above post.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Thats him alright.

I had a takeaway from Stan's Tasty Bites in Kilcohan last night, very underrated chipper. Few of us had a few different things, I had the Chicken Meat & Chip and the chicken was to die for. Gorgeous! The sauces were class on it too, sweet chill and garlic. One of the lads had a pizza which I had a slice of, was delicious too, but there was a garlic pizza bread which wasn't that nice, bit rubbery or something.

Overall a very nice chipper, don't think I've seen it mentioned on here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

the chips from the new rumbling tum are nice. its down by the student village across from Ursuline Court

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Id have to agree about the Marian. Been going to Angelo years (was it him out in Kilcohan before he was in Ballybricken?) and Ive never had a complaint. Always great food

• Advertisement

Been going to the Marian for years too, and always been top-notch. ChunkyNorris is the first I've ever heard of anyone with an issue with the place.

david 525 wrote: »
    The marian is one of the best takeaways in waterford angelo has served me for over 15 years and not once had i ever a problem with his food it is quality i have eaten in many takeaways and by far he is the best you must have been out the night before and thats what made you sick mate !!!!

1bgw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Avoid like the plague

Once would be enough for anyone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ChunkyNorris

No need to investigate pink chicken. Sticking to Johnny walkers from now on, keeping my business local

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Cleaboy, Marian and Danny's are the best in Waterford, all with their own specific things they are good at. There are some awful ones too like Andys in the Glen which is the slowest "fast food" ever. Ballybricken take away everything is like rubber and the same goes for Brennan's.

Cleaboy, Marian and Danny's are the best in Waterford, all with their own specific things they are good at. There are some awful ones too like Andys in the Glen which is the slowest "fast food" ever. Ballybricken take away everything is like rubber and the same goes for Brennan's.
    Couldn't agree more! It's ridiculous! I went in there one night, and after waiting nearly 20 minutes, I was left without a burger and a battered sausage. Sickened so I was. (Didn't notice til I got home)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I just love the Golden Fry. Their scallops are the best in the city. Also love that you'd could go in and ask for one battered sausage and come out with 3 and a mountain of chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Where is the Golden fry.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

I too like all my family contiune to frequent the Marian as our chipper of choice , like we did with the Ballybricken takeaway when Angelo was over there.

I find it very hard to think that any person would get sick from there considering his hygene standards and food quality imo is by far the best in Ireland.

Like david525 said are u sure you were not on the beer the night before , or do you have a personal gripe or vendetta to settle ?

• Advertisement

Where is the Golden fry.:confused:
    It's just at the roundabout of the Folly.
    Well worth a look.

Advertisement