Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best take-away in Waterford.. (Now with Poll)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

emerald isle definitely has to be the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I am dumbfounded by some of the recent comments on Johnny Walkers. Are we definitely talking about Mayor's Walk? I bring my kids in there for an occasional treat and every time the staff make a big fuss of the kids even though it could be a month since our last visit. And the chips are easily the best I have eaten anywhere. I rarely get a burger but it was always cooked fresh and tasted delicious. I don't recognise the place that has been lambasted on the last few pages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I am dumbfounded by some of the recent comments on Johnny Walkers. Are we definitely talking about Mayor's Walk? I bring my kids in there for an occasional treat and every time the staff make a big fuss of the kids even though it could be a month since our last visit. And the chips are easily the best I have eaten anywhere. I rarely get a burger but it was always cooked fresh and tasted delicious. I don't recognise the place that has been lambasted on the last few pages.

I never get burgers there, but I have seen other customers ordering them and they have been microwaved, which surprised me.

I love their fish and their scollops, but the chips are only ok. Humdinger's are much nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

walkers are incredibly uptight with their chips . wouldn't be surprised if they count them individually

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Been to a couple of take away in recent weeks - Dooleys Park Road and following some good reviews The Cleaboy.

Dooleys - my preferred of the two. Clean, good chips, middle of the road chicken fillet burger. 7/10.

Got the same in Cleaboy. Very surprised to get an actual fillet of chicken in a bun! Good in the sense that it's probably healthier, but a poor bun and sloppy filling. Chips were grand, nothing special. 6/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

humdingers best by far

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Had a snackbox from Brennan's beside Dunphys on New Years Eve. Absolutely divine! The chips! Top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭iseegirls

It's a pity Emarald Isle closed up last year. Really enjoyed their Chicken Fillet Burger. The Pizza Dome which has replaced it, is a take-away which really annoys me, even from walking past it. The window is taken up with half flashing lights, and then deals on bright luminous green and yellow cards plastered all over it too.
    Compare that to the Marion chipper which doesn't need such cheap looking sights and flashing lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

iseegirls wrote: »
    It's a pity Emarald Isle closed up last year. Really enjoyed their Chicken Fillet Burger. The Pizza Dome which has replaced it, is a take-away which really annoys me, even from walking past it. The window is taken up with half flashing lights, and then deals on bright luminous green and yellow cards plastered all over it too.
    Compare that to the Marion chipper which doesn't need such cheap looking sights and flashing lights.
    I could be wrong, but didn't the owners of the Emerald Isle move back up to Danny's on Barrack Street, so you can still get their lovely chicken burger! :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I could be wrong, but didn't the owners of the Emerald Isle move back up to Danny's on Barrack Street, so you can still get their lovely chicken burger! :D

You are spot on, they are back in Danny's again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jimbo1979

No offence about Dooleys chipper,they create employment and some people love there food but when you walk into a chipper and served food in under 2 minutes you know there food is pre-cooked.there chips and burgers are terrible.however I hear there chicken fillet burgers are nice.I've no bother waiting in a chipper 10-15 minutes once I know its all cooked from fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Oh really? Ah brilliant. Will be there this weekend so! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I like Istanbul for their chicken kebabs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That Burrito place was quite nice I thought, good for a change from burgers and chips but also a nice meal in itself.

iseegirls wrote: »
    pizza dome have manky food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Of all the chippers you can order from just eat which is the best? You've got the following

Andys
    Hot Corner
    Ballbricken Takeaway
    Walshes
    Roma Takeaway
    Lombard street

Of all the chippers you can order from just eat which is the best? You've got the following

Andys
    Hot Corner
    Ballbricken Takeaway
    Walshes
    Roma Takeaway
    Lombard street
    andys and hot corner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

id go with Lombard street meself. Where is ANdys and the Hot corner?

deadybai wrote: »
    id go with Lombard street meself. Where is ANdys and the Hot corner?
    andys is formerly tonys down by the forum and hot corner is on barracks street

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

I choose andys from the list. The Andy special burger is awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Has anyone tried the new chipper next to Abrakebabra i just drove past but i think its called Bishops fish & chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Has anyone tried the new chipper next to Abrakebabra i just drove past but i think its called Bishops fish & chips?

Its still Abrakebabra but now with added Fish LoL. They just took away a bit of the counter from chic king and thats all. You see have to go to the chick king counter :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭the block

humdingers d pkace ta b lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Since I've moved to the Dunmore Road I wouldn't go anywhere but Humdingers. Fantastic chips.

Brendão wrote: »
    Since I've moved to the Dunmore Road I wouldn't go anywhere but Humdingers. Fantastic chips.

I'm with you there on the chips. Burgers are only ok, but the best chips by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hotshot88

In the city the golden fry does a nice chip. Always has

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Walshs is one of my favourites and easily one of the cheapest in Waterford, lovely food altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Dunno. We got two meal deals last weekend, and we could only eat one of the portions of chips between the two of us. We kept one bag, and heated them up in the oven the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I've always found their chips to be more than enough. The large chip in particular was easily enough for at least 2 adults and one kid in our house.

Advertisement