Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best take-away in Waterford.. (Now with Poll)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

It's just at the roundabout of the Folly.
    Well worth a look.

Golden Fry is nice alright, parking is a nightmare though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Jason Todd wrote: »

It's not really though. If people didn't have to park right on the doorstep, they could just park ithe Sacred Heart car park and stroll across. Unfortunately, people don't seem to be willing to do so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

nkay1985 wrote: »

It's not really though. If people didn't have to park right on the doorstep, they could just park ithe Sacred Heart car park and stroll across. Unfortunately, people don't seem to be willing to do so!

I never even thought of that, nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I never even thought of that, nice one!

Haha glad I could help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

AdMMM wrote: »
    I just love the Golden Fry. Their scallops are the best in the city. Also love that you'd could go in and ask for one battered sausage and come out with 3 and a mountain of chips!

Had some visitors from Canada a month back. They insisted on taking pictures of the Golden Fry with the sign saying "Now using new potatoes" They acted like it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Been going to the Marian for years too, and always been top-notch. ChunkyNorris is the first I've ever heard of anyone with an issue with the place.

Seriously? I know plenty of people who mentioned in passing that they don't like the place.
    Personally I find it grand, rather cleaboy though.
    Angelo never shuts up talking lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Seriously? I know plenty of people who mentioned in passing that they don't like the place.
    Personally I find it grand, rather cleaboy though.
    Angelo never shuts up talking lol
    Ha. That's true, but I don't mind him talking once the food is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭Speak Now

He always reminds me of "The soup Nazi" in Seinfeld :D

I just order, put the head down until the food is offered to me :)

Have expect him to shout "NO CHIPS FOR YOU"

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dub21

Cleaboy, Marian and Danny's are the best in Waterford, all with their own specific things they are good at. There are some awful ones too like Andys in the Glen which is the slowest "fast food" ever. Ballybricken take away everything is like rubber and the same goes for Brennan's.[/Quote.

Actually eat in Brennan's the Manor all the time and the food is delicious , best quarter pounders in the town by a mile and judging by the queues other people think the same !! Very happy customer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Looking to get some chipper food later anybody got any recommendations. Used to love Ballybricken but had food their last week and i wasn't too impressed especially with the chips.

Looking through here the Marian and Cleaboy are probably my best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Looking to get some chipper food later anybody got any recommendations. Used to love Ballybricken but had food their last week and i wasn't too impressed especially with the chips.

Andys takeaway in the glen is top notch .. And can't beat half price kebab on a Monday !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Nuts102 wrote: »

There's a chipper out in Waterford Shopping Centre right besides Paddy Brownes called Fridays. The food is fairly decent and they have great specials going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

^^^Thats where #Friday's moved to?

It was the best in the town when it was up in carricpherrish, is it still the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    ^^^Thats where #Friday's moved to?

It was the best in the town when it was up in carricpherrish, is it still the same?

I not really sure if they are one and the same. It's very popular though, always seems to be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maltese falcon11

Lombard St. Takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wayniebum

How anyone can rate johnny walkers is beyond me the food is terrible the staff are worse, i've tried it a couple of times just to be sure and it's been worse each time. Over expensive and living off it's old reputation, I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there unless you want to waste your money.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

wayniebum wrote: »
    How anyone can rate johnny walkers is beyond me the food is terrible the staff are worse, i've tried it a couple of times just to be sure and it's been worse each time. Over expensive and living off it's old reputation, I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there unless you want to waste your money.:mad:

I dont agree with you on the food but I wouldnt rate the staff at all, the old guy who adds the batter to the fish can be a right saucy individual at times, very bad manner and some of the staff can be a bit rushed with you but thats probably because of how busy they are. As I said I think the food is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Are they still microwaving the burgers in walkers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Jambo wrote: »
    Are they still microwaving the burgers in walkers ?

Last time I was in there they were still doing that. I think the food is pretty basic chipper food and I don't hold it in the same regard as the likes of The Marian or even Doolys at the park. Staff are pig ignorant in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

Last time I was in there they were still doing that. I think the food is pretty basic chipper food and I don't hold it in the same regard as the likes of The Marian or even Doolys at the park. Staff are pig ignorant in there too.

Walkers is cat, the chips aren't nice & that carry on with microwaving burgers wouldn't be bringing me back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Still love their fish and chips though its been ages since I had them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Waynie, I've never tasted scallops like the ones from Johnny Walkers. I never came across scallops at all until I came to live in Waterford; I always thought they were seafood :-)

If you haven't tried their scallops, you haven't lived.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Nuts - the chips in Humdingers on the Dunmore Road are legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

gentilles takeaway in ferrybank waterford best for me, love every thing on the menu

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wayniebum

Have to agree with a lot of you Dooleys, Cleaboy, Marian and Gentilles all very nice but can't say anything nice about johnny walkers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

the kebab place down on the marion, big kebabs for 4.50, better donor meat than that tastless leather gack they sell in abracababra

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

jebus84 wrote: »
    gentilles takeaway in ferrybank waterford best for me, love every thing on the menu

Im supprised no joker has ever swapped around the letters "i" & "t" on their sign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

humdingers defo have up'd the game, service out there have improved bigtime since last year!!

would not go to the golden fry ,found a few hairs in my food i bought there and once got a half eating battered sausage

• Advertisement

macdonalds have to be worst at customer service in the john roberts square outlet,i ordered food there and the guy who took my order decided to go on his break my food was left there

Advertisement