Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best take-away in Waterford.. (Now with Poll)

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Lombard Street is a solid Take Away, Its open late and they do really good deals. Best Taco Chip in the town by far!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Got chips from Humdingers recently and found them to be extremely average, probably below average actually. This may have been an off night however.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 karenmaryobrien

Here are my favorites at the moment:

Amigos (on John St) for burritos - the slow cooked pork and beef is delicious. I also love the chile con carne. All served with fresh salads and homemade salsas - it's a great spot and very reasonable :) Great nachos too!

Doolys (Peoples Park/Tramore) for fish n chips - we had great fish and chips in there recently.

O'Shea's (Dunmore East) for fish and chips - I love that you get a wedge of lemon with your fish (Doolys take note!). It's also nice to have a selection of fish to choose from (calamari, monkfish, ling, etc).

Coney Island for pizza - we had a very decent pizza from here a while back.

I haven't tried any kebab places in Waterford yet - are there any that make their own breads on the premises? (like Zaytoon in Dublin.. yum yum)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got a pizza in The Marian a while back and it was not that night, everything else in there is nice though

I like Walshs on the yellow road nice food and cheap enough too

Andys by the fourm is nice but slow when you order something

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

What ever about best that place rockin joes is the worst place ive ever eaten, ****in disgusting food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Place was dirty as sin the last time I was there too. Will not be going back.

Had a Dooly's by the People's Park recently for the first time in ages, chips were savage!

Had a Dooly's by the People's Park recently for the first time in ages, chips were savage!

I was in Dooley's at the weekend myself and thought the chips were quite good, and a big improvement from the last time I was there about 6 months ago. Fish was quite tasty as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

Rockin' Joes Limerick has been served with a closure order:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/16-closure-orders-issued-under-food-safety-legislation-in-july-689861.html

Is the Waterford branch run by the same owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

crazyman wrote: »
    Rockin' Joes Limerick has been served with a closure order:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/16-closure-orders-issued-under-food-safety-legislation-in-july-689861.html

Is the Waterford branch run by the same owner?
    that would be correct

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shayp83

Jesus I'm salivating thinking about what's the best takeaway in the deise loves me takeaway I'd I've been eating them since the chips out of the van in ballbeg, take 5 was one I grew up with, but for me the chips out of Brennans are top notch and the king chipper out by Oscars are equally good, Chinese on the other hand after trying everywher and canton and cork road are the nicest ever beautiful food, d ominos meh! Coney island ok but you can get a takeaway pizza from Brooklyn pizzeria in tramore and it unreal garlic bread too, only had two Indians e astenders is my fav tried blue mango the day it opend lads were under pressure so I'll give a five out ten, emm supermacs with curry an garlic dipp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm craving 2 battered sausages and a chicken fillet burger from The Cleaboy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

kfallon wrote: »
    I'm craving 2 battered sausages and a chicken fillet burger from The Cleaboy now!

I don't think the cleaboy is great at all. I work nights mostly so don't really get the chance to eat fresh takeaway food unless it's hilbillys or chic king.

Nicest for me would be the Marian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I don't think the cleaboy is great at all. I work nights mostly so don't really get the chance to eat fresh takeaway food unless it's hilbillys or chic king.

Nicest for me would be the Marian
    I would have always agreed with you about the Marian, but the last two times I have been in there, I was disappointed. (about 6 and 3 weeks ago)

I've been to Lombard street a good bit recently. Lovely food!

I would have always agreed with you about the Marian, but the last two times I have been in there, I was disappointed. (about 6 and 3 weeks ago)

I've been to Lombard street a good bit recently. Lovely food!

Would disagree regarding Lombard. Felt that the oil musn't have been as hot as it might of been because the chips were pretty flat.

Cleaboy - so so. Chicken fillet burger was literally a fillet of chicken in a bun! Not that I'm complaining, but it was certainly different.

I find the standard overall in Waterford pretty mediocre.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Sorry to resurrect a old thread .. But ... Does Anyone know of Dannys chipper is back open ?

Advertisement