Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best take-away in Waterford.. (Now with Poll)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Florino's in Lismore park had become one of my favourites, it opened as a pizzeria but later added burgers and chips etc to the menu, the chips were so nice and the food was alll freshly cooked,, unfortunately for them though an objection went in and they had to stop serving chips and burgers, still go there though their philly steak sandwich and wedges are to die for:)

Had the chips in there and didnt think they were great :confused:

Whats the story with Brennans? Has it been sold or just changed the name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suirside11

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    any1 know if the emerald is closed for good? hasnt been open for weeks and no sign up on door
    was d best chipper in d town breast box unreal, cant bate it!

From what i heard the owner of the building doubled the rent,so Danny rather than put up with that just shut up shop,it is a real pity because it was one of the best chippers in town.
    anplaya wrote: »
    how on earth did johnny walkers and their award winning microwave burgers top this poll?baffles me,loads of chippers way better than that place in town :)

When was the last time you were in there?,yes they used to microwave the burgers but they havent been doing that in the last few years,you can see them now cooking the burgers in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I was told in work that the lad who owns The Emerald Isle was just in Italy on holidays. Was told that by a neighbour of his so the place could still be closed I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I was told in work that the lad who owns The Emerald Isle was just in Italy on holidays. Was told that by a neighbour of his so the place could still be closed I suppose.

Nice guy, that fella, and his wife. Pity to see them closed if that's the case. They know how to run a chipper that's for sure. Before Doolys took over Cunninghams on Tramore Main St. Mauro and Francesca were looking at it. The deal was nearly done on it and where I was working at the time was doing their new menus etc. I was designing them myself and all of a sudden they stopped calling in to look at the artwork. Found out after their 'application' or whatever was refused and they lost it and Doolys took it over. Not sure on what grounds they didn't get the place but seemed strange! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suirside11

Emerald Isle is back open,but its not the same owners...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

where is this Florinos place? is it in the square near amber, spar and the carryout?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I had humdingers the other day,it was gorgeous, I think its a new favorite! only thing is we were ordering a lot of the specials and they wouldn't deliver them which was kinda ****ty since we were spending nearly €70 there.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I was talking to the owners of the Emerald Isle on Wednesday, he confirmed to me that he had indeed closed the business a few weeks ago, however after discussions with the land lord, he has agree to take a new lease on the building so will be reopening next week.

He also confirmed that the place was indeed open on the bank holiday of St Patricks Weekend, however that was just someone else trying to cash in on the amusements across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

where is this Florinos place? is it in the square near amber, spar and the carryout?

It's down a bit from Carry out, I think right nest door to Just For Men.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Anybody try Andys in the Glen used to be Tonys, everything is fkn lovely there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Nypd wrote: »
    Anybody try Andys in the Glen used to be Tonys, everything is fkn lovely there
    got it over the weekend and i agree top notch stuff, as for humdingers there feckin useless they took out order and 20mins later we're still there waiting!!! THEY FORGOT ABOUT US the place was fairly busy so kicked up a stink they did'nt know where to look told em would'nt be comin there again and to make it worse they gave us the wrong feckin burgers the thick fcukers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Was in Frydays the other day. Chips are lovely. Paul and his crew were really busy yet they all had time for a polite word.

Place is spotless too. Chips are tops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Was in walker's on friday got a fish,chip and 3 scallop's for 8.80, a bit ott i thought, as you can get king prawn and cashew nut's with veg and chip's in maxum house for the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

walkers is pure quality though, defo has the best chips and scallops

Tried the chips in Frydays after all the good things said here, very disappointed after all the hype.

Anyone else get a flyer in the door from Supermac's/ Papa John's today? Menu looked good, was going to order online there as per the flyer but Waterford isn't listed on the website :confused: Apparently they deliver but didn't think Barronstrand St. had late opening hours. The gf has nixed it anyway now... :rolleyes: Apparently the Dunmore Rd. Supermac's is nicer and the Barronstrand St. one is 'dirty'. :o

Tried the chips in Frydays after all the good things said here, very disappointed after all the hype.

Wow... so where do you go for chips Goldilocks :p

batm!ke wrote: »
    Wow... so where do you go for chips Goldilocks :p

Me ma's :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Off topic but if you are having chips at home try and track down the macain frozen ones dipped in beef fat, they are in a small silver packet. I know superquinn sell them but i'm sure Tesco prob do too. they are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭M O N T O

Might be a bit biased considering I live on Mayors Walk but Johnny Walkers hands down, beautiful burgers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

ziedth wrote: »
    Off topic but if you are having chips at home try and track down the macain frozen ones dipped in beef fat, they are in a small silver packet. I know superquinn sell them but i'm sure Tesco prob do too. they are amazing.

Have to agree the roast patatoes in the same range are really good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Emerals Isle, burgers, Sausages , Chicken and best of all chips are amazing..

well impressed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Pappa Johns will be opening on the Dunmore Road in the next few weeks, staff were being trained how to do the pizzas yesterday in the main store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Pappa Johns in a bit stingey in my opinion from going to the one in Cobh...... Nice base on the pizza but F all toppings

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dub21

Brennan's on the Cork road is the best Take Away in Waterford by a mile

Brennan's on the Manor has the nicest chips in Waterford

O Sheas in Dunmore is the worst !! Cranky staff and chips are rotten !!

Florino's in Lismore park had become one of my favourites, it opened as a pizzeria but later added burgers and chips etc to the menu, the chips were so nice and the food was alll freshly cooked,, unfortunately for them though an objection went in and they had to stop serving chips and burgers, still go there though their philly steak sandwich and wedges are to die for:)

They've sold up and moved to Cork Road

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Best Chips Johnnie Walkers + Marians
    Best Battered Sausages Johnnie Wlkers + Cleaboy (Was disappointed lately)
    Best Fish Used to be Cunninghams Tramore but dooley took over , was not that good anymore, Crispy I wanted but Dooleys fish is soft.
    Best curry... Jumbo Ballybricken
    Best Duck.. jumbo Ballybricken and Urlu,(Most Chinese Restaurant and take away duck are tough)
    Chinese Steak menu for take way Happy Garden
    Scollops Johnnie Walkers
    Chicken Satay Jade House Ballybricken
    Spring Rolls Silver Star, Cleaboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Brennans have opened a new chipper on the cork road across the road from the land registery office's,yesterday was my fifth visit and i have to say the food was excellent every time,the chip's (imho)are better than walker's, with much bigger portion's.They are doing lot's of special's my favourate being chip and two batter sasuages for 3euro.Definitely worth a try.
    Happy Customer.

Advertisement