Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I'm a fan of Ravello's too. I always find there food to be very tasty.

Wouldn't recommend it for a romantic night out though. Thinks it is more for a chilled out evening when you don't fancy cooking.

AFAIK they have a good value early bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

I was in Revello's about a year ago and it was crap.We where left waitting for ages to get served(has gotten worse over the years).It was like they didnt have enough staff. The food wasnt that good either(not compared to the previous few times i've been there.Hopefully it has gotten better because it is so handy being local.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Do Ravellos do take-away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Arciphel wrote: »
    Do Ravellos do take-away?

No idea, it's an Italian restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

They do have a take away and delivery service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

I'd say so, I have been hoovering around there recently due to election work

If you canvas my house will you hoover there as well, it would give the missus a break ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Gaspode wrote: »
    Myself and my eldest daughter have just come back from a lovely meal in the Geisha restaurant in Rathborne. Lovely food, nice friendly staff, and a very snazzy room. Highly recommend it. If you want a window seat overlooking the canal you need to book a seat, otherwise you're seated inside away from the view :(.

While there I stuck my head into the Canal Bar downstairs, and talked to a chap there. He reckons they'll be open in about 3-5 weeks time.

More like 3-5 months, but better late than never, looks like there could be drinks on the house.
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=208917625845474.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I was in Shimla last night with friends. We were the only customers there, a very quiet night. The food was not bad, cheap and cheerful but nothing special, certainly not good enough to make me want to go back. A little disappointed with it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Has anyone gone to the "yet another new restaurant in Brady's pub" any reviews?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Was in Carpatain americas yesterday, and it will be my last trip there. While the staff were really nice and very helpful, the food just failed to impress yet again. I has a burger, and tbh, the ones in McDonalds are better! Disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

nudger wrote: »
    Has anyone gone to the "yet another new restaurant in Brady's pub" any reviews?

No but the food pics on Facebook always look divine!

amdublin wrote: »
    No but the food pics on Facebook always look divine!

If only you could eat pictures.:rolleyes:

It's "The Gallery" - my friend was there a few weeks ago.

She was impressed by it. Said the food was good as were the staff.

Gaspode wrote: »
    Was in Carpatain americas yesterday, and it will be my last trip there. While the staff were really nice and very helpful, the food just failed to impress yet again. I has a burger, and tbh, the ones in McDonalds are better! Disappointing.

I don't even go to Captain America's for drinks anymore - the only vodka they serve is Absolut.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I don't even go to Captain America's for drinks anymore - the only vodka they serve is Absolut.

Well they're hardly going to be putting Grey Goose or Belvedere in cocktails now, are they? Absolut is probably the best non-premium vodka available. If you'd said that all they used was Huzzar I could understand why you wouldn't want it.

Zaph wrote: »
    Well they're hardly going to be putting Grey Goose or Belvedere in cocktails now, are they? Absolut is probably the best non-premium vodka available. If you'd said that all they used was Huzzar I could understand why you wouldn't want it.

Absolut vodka is the one vodka that I don't drink.

I never made reference to whether it is premium or not.

I just don't like the taste.

I think it is unreasonable for a bar to only serve 1 vodka.

Imagine if you were a beer drinker and there was 1 beer you didn't drink, let's call it X. You go to a bar and order the beer you normally drink, they say they don't serve that one. You then move on to your second preference beer. They then say they don't serve that one and that they only serve X. What would you do?

In regards to Captain America's, and the fact that they only serve Absolut, I choose to go to TGI's or the Crowne Plaza where there are a few different selections of vodka sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Yeah I as in The Gallery for Sunday early bird with my mam, was lovely. Reasonable, lovely food and nice staff. locally owned.

Was in Browne's on Monday which was lovely as well, but much more expensive.

Went to the Indian in Castleknock Friday which was great as well (were queuing for what used to be Trentuno's and go to a lot, but no-one came near us for half an hour). Not the biggest Indian fan but it was lovely and great service.

Of all them The Gallery was the best...

(I know this sounds like I eat out a lot but kitchen's on the blink and had a few family and friends' dos!)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Absolut vodka is the one vodka that I don't drink.

I never made reference to whether it is premium or not.

I just don't like the taste.

I think it is unreasonable for a bar to only serve 1 vodka.

Imagine if you were a beer drinker and there was 1 beer you didn't drink, let's call it X. You go to a bar and order the beer you normally drink, they say they don't serve that one. You then move on to your second preference beer. They then say they don't serve that one and that they only serve X. What would you do?

In regards to Captain America's, and the fact that they only serve Absolut, I choose to go to TGI's or the Crowne Plaza where there are a few different selections of vodka sold.

That's fair enough, and I agree it is unusual just to have the one vodka. Just never heard anyone complain about getting Absolut before.

I was looking for somewhere different to go to in D15 and came across Maximilians Bistro, knew it was there but never think of the place.

No one has mentioned it but I was wondering has anyone been to it and what did you think?
    The reviews are good and was thinking of going for Sunday lunch, 4 course for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I was looking for somewhere different to go to in D15 and came across Maximilians Bistro, knew it was there but never think of the place.

No one has mentioned it but I was wondering has anyone been to it and what did you think?
    The reviews are good and was thinking of going for Sunday lunch, 4 course for €20.

We were in Maximilian's last week. Very good service and excellent food.

We been going to there for a number of years and its never let us down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

I was actually there yesterday for lunch. It was pretty nice and i'll go back. Had takeaway pizza from there last week too.

Thanks guys, any idea how busy they are on Sunday for lunch.

Went for lunch today, very nice I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ive been before for an early bird and enjoyed it. the location is a bit strange though!
    Always wonder how any one manages to eat 3/4 course sundat lunch in the middle of the day.

sweetie wrote: »
    ive been before for an early bird and enjoyed it. the location is a bit strange though!
    Always wonder how any one manages to eat 3/4 course sundat lunch in the middle of the day.

I must have past in hundreds of times but didn't notice it, serious lack of signage.

The portions were generous and with sides of fries we were well full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I thought I had mentioned Maximillians in this thread, maybe I did under it's old name. Anyway, it's a great spot and I've never had a bad, or even poor, meal in there. On a weekend it's great to get a table in the 'new' area where the piano is, have a good meal and some nice wine, beer or cocktails until the wee hours.

The pizza from their takeaway downstairs, Gourmet Pizza, is pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I thought I had mentioned Maximillians in this thread, maybe I did under it's old name. Anyway, it's a great spot and I've never had a bad, or even poor, meal in there. On a weekend it's great to get a table in the 'new' area where the piano is, have a good meal and some nice wine, beer or cocktails until the wee hours.

The pizza from their takeaway downstairs, Gourmet Pizza, is pretty good too.

I agree about downstairs but I've had a number of bad/poor meals in the restaurant over the years (kept ending up there with people who rave about it). Poorly cooked food and the wrong food being the big problems, my favourite being when my fellow diner ordered a tbone steak and I ordered fillet and they brought two fillets and told him "it's steak isn't it, eat it anyway". I also find the place can get very noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It's a decent early bird groupon Sunday lunch spot but I wouldn't consider it for any special occasion.

There were 3 of us on Sunday, 3 different starters which we shared all very different, wings, goats cheese and prawns, all were nice.

3 different mains, 1 chicken and 2 different pizza's, were like 3 dogs, no sharing.

I'm not into desert but had to make the effort, wild berry cheesecake was the bizz.

3 Americanos, €59.97 + drinks and sides, very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

athtrasna wrote: »
    I also find the place can get very noisy.

Always a benefit when you have noisy toddler with you.

I actually find the noise contributes to the atmosphere, nothing worse than being in a deathly quiet place where you're afraid to have a good conversation or a laugh because everyone in the place can hear you.

Advertisement