Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

Went to TGI's the other day for lunch, was expecting some kind of a lunchtime offer, (like the one in Wagamamas €10 for a main course and a drink), nothing on, I was quite disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

January wrote: »
    Anybody got any feedback on Tsangs in Littlepace?

Heading there with a big bunch on Sunday for a birthday dinner, choose the buffet option.

Just to update this, avoid, avoid like the plague... €10 charge for unfinished plates of food...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I presume that's to deter people from just piling food onto their plates because it's all you can eat, and then leaving half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Anybody got any feedback on Tsangs in Littlepace?

anytime I've gone to Tsangs, I've always had a great meal. Good service etc. Never done the buffet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

I have tried the buffet in Tsangs a couple of times but have eaten there on about 20 occasions as its our local eatery...never had a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Myself and my eldest daughter have just come back from a lovely meal in the Geisha restaurant in Rathborne. Lovely food, nice friendly staff, and a very snazzy room. Highly recommend it. If you want a window seat overlooking the canal you need to book a seat, otherwise you're seated inside away from the view :(.

While there I stuck my head into the Canal Bar downstairs, and talked to a chap there. He reckons they'll be open in about 3-5 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Forgot that I was in Geisha last week. We went on a Thursday and hadn't booked but got a window seat nonetheless. It was quite busy.

Starter of skewered chicken satay was lovely. Main was a bit bland. The staff are lovely. I left full but I was disappointed that it was a bit more expensive than I expected. Overall I enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Maybe they just didn't like the look of me!
    It was very busy as we were leaving so I suppose they had their reasons for hanging on to the better seats.

There's a good few boats on the canal today so I think they were getting good business from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

Gaspode wrote: »
    While there I stuck my head into the Canal Bar downstairs, and talked to a chap there. He reckons they'll be open in about 3-5 weeks time.

I was talking to an employee about 2 months ago and he told me the bar would be open in 4-6weeks.

The last progress i've seen in this place in the last month was the addition of the LCD screens on the inside of the windows....

I'll believe it when i see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Maybe they just didn't like the look of me!
    It was very busy as we were leaving so I suppose they had their reasons for hanging on to the better seats.

There's a good few boats on the canal today so I think they were getting good business from them.

Any update on whether the bar is open yet or are they still doing the 2 weeks thing. Good weather coming this weekend would be nice down there by the canal.

• Advertisement

Was closed up over the weekend, so signs of activity. :(

Was closed up over the weekend, so signs of activity. :(

Wonder what the story is as I was in it nearly 4 months ago and could have had it up and running in a week. You don't have to have everything perfect on day 1.

As a surprise I was taken to Giesha for Fathers day, when I was told this at 11am on Sunday morning I had to ask If a table was booked as I thought it could be packed, It was but we needn't have bothered.
    There were about 20-30 in when we got there. We had the set lunch menu for the first time which was ok, that's all.
    The food was average, I got the feeling that nothing was going forward, standards were slipping a bit, the famous Bar downstairs still not open, WHAT IS THE STORY?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

I see Brownes Steakhouse has reopened with a wine bar/tapas restaurant extension.

Has the menu changed? What is the tapas restaurant like?

Went to Brownes tonight. The menu has changed very slightly. They have added more sides and different desserts and a couple of new mains. The food was great tonight, better than usual and I usually leave happy anyway. Great service too, as usual.

Had a quick look at the tapas menu on the way out. Seemed to be plenty of choice although I didn't check what the prices are like.

It was packed tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

In brownes last night after work and the have stuck the prices up..around €2 on everything. So added to the Vat reductions this is a major piss-take, classic irish business logic.."we are doing well..lets expand and jack the prices up".

Food was the same as normal and fairly good but this kind of price-gouging went out the window in 2007 i wont be going back.

Small tip for Brownes..dont forget to update the menupages menu its a bit of a giveaway that you have increased your prices.

http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/west_dublin/blanchardstown/brownes_steakhouse_/Menu.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Jaysoose wrote: »
    In brownes last night after work and the have stuck the prices up..around €2 on everything. So added to the Vat reductions this is a major piss-take, classic irish business logic.."we are doing well..lets expand and jack the prices up".

Food was the same as normal and fairly good but this kind of price-gouging went out the window in 2007 i wont be going back.

Small tip for Brownes..dont forget to update the menupages menu its a bit of a giveaway that you have increased your prices.

http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/west_dublin/blanchardstown/brownes_steakhouse_/Menu.aspx

Yeah I noticed that. Even the coffee has increased. Used to be €2 now its €2.50 as far as I can remember. Tried the tapas last week. Wasn't overly impressed to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

RTT wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that. Even the coffee has increased. Used to be €2 now its €2.50 as far as I can remember. Tried the tapas last week. Wasn't overly impressed to be honest.

Its a shame to be honest as it was obviously doing a good trade and instead of offering value for money they see it as an oppurtunity to squeeze the customers for an extra few €.

You have to wonder about the business acumen of the irish restaranteur sometimes, instead of keeping a winning business model they have to expand as soon as possible and expect the customers to absorb the cost of this.

The Vat reduction obviously hasnt factored into their thinking either so its a double increase in a sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone know the name or the phone number for the chinese in Blanch village opposite Ryan's Garage.

It's up that laneway?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

PopTarts wrote: »
    Anyone know the name or the phone number for the chinese in Blanch village opposite Ryan's Garage.

It's up that laneway?

Do you mean the Thai Garden beside the church?

• Advertisement

PopTarts wrote: »

It's up that laneway?

8157882, probably too late now.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Has anyone any experience of Brasserie 15 in Castleknock? The reviews on tripadvisor and menupages aren't great for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I've been there a good few times for lunch and dinner. Food is good, bit expensive, service can be very hit and miss though. ALso they have no nappy changing facilities, which I found out when we booked a meal for 20 people for a christening, had to change child's nappy on the ground. We asked them at the time why they had no baby changing table, they said it had been ordered but hadn't arrived yet, that was 18 months ago :rolleyes:

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience of Brasserie 15 in Castleknock? The reviews on tripadvisor and menupages aren't great for it.

Nice enough place, can be a bit pricey like Arciphe say's, but they do deals on meals like steak on the stone for €15, half price wine etc check their page out.
    They also own Browns in Blanch and Castello Bruno around the corner from B 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I was in Ravello's Restaurant in Clonsilla last night. I was very impressed. Cozy place too.

I didn't like Brasserie 15 when I was there. It didn't have a great atmosphere, the service wasn't great and neither was the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Thanks folks. We're going to go with the safer bet of the Thai Garden in Blanchardstown instead of Brasserie 15.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Thanks folks. We're going to go with the safer bet of the Thai Garden in Blanchardstown instead of Brasserie 15.

Good call, very nice place, and very well priced, come to think of it I haven't been in ages, hmmm, nothing planned for the weekend.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Good to hear as its local to me too
    I was there 3 years ago and it was cat.....
    Swore id never darken their door....

Worth another go?

I was in Ravello's Restaurant in Clonsilla last night. I was very impressed. Cozy place too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

fisherking wrote: »
    Good to hear as its local to me too
    I was there 3 years ago and it was cat.....
    Swore id never darken their door....

Worth another go?

I'd say so, I have been hoovering around there recently due to election work and it looked busy each time I pulled up near it.

I was only in there by chance Wednesday and it's a really decent place in my opinion.

Advertisement