Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

I was actually in the Crowne Plaza a while back and tried the bar food. A friend of mine gave me a voucher (swipe card) as a birthday present so I said I'd try it out. Food was nice. The bill came to €45 for two. The voucher was for €25 so I put another €20 with the card and left afew euro as a tip. To my surprise, the waiter returned the voucher card (like a credit card) and told me there was no money on it. I noticed that the card he gave me back was not the card I handed to him to pay the bill and it was obviously switched as it had scratches and had been used a few times. My card was brand new, just out of the cardboard wallet I got it in. When I went home and checked, the card number didn't match the number on the receipt which came in the wallet, obviously making it clear that a switch was made. Beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

RTT wrote: »
    ...obviously making it clear that a switch was made. Beware!

Hope you reported the waiter so this doesn't happen again.

Thai Garden is excellent and my favourite (though as has been said, on the pricey side). The earlier complaint that it's always busy proves that people are willing to pay for quality.

If you are looking for home delivery (or collect) then LetsEatIn has also surprised me at the quality you get. More often than not these days we order from their website instead of going out. And despite the fact that they have a fairly large range, we have yet to be disappointed with anything we've had from them. Website is great - easy to use and once registered it's easy to order again.

Yeah I did report him but the girl at the front desk said I had to pay for the meal and settle the bill. Then she suggested I go home and bring back the paper receipt with the value on it so she could check if it matched the card number, which it didn't indicating that he gave me back a different card.
    I did this came back and spoke to the manager. He said he had no authority to reimburse me so I had to wait until the following day for a different manager and go back again. Disastrous customer service. Anyway the manager maintained that staff could not use the cards so it would be of no benefit to the waiter to switch cards. When I suggested that his friends could use it instead then he offered to reimburse me. They just tried to cover the whole thing up and the suggest that somehow the cards got mixed up at the time of purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Murt10

If you were certain that you had paid you should have stuck to your guns and refused to pay any more. What can they do? You say you paid, they say you didn't. It's their problem. Let them take you to court if that is their preferred option. They would never prosecute anyway.

By all means give them your name and address. Also ask them for the tip back.
    You are no longer satisfied with their service.

I would at this stage lodge a complaint with their head office. They are a major hotel and would treat something like this, customers being accused of robbing, very seriouly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Murt10

I was in Poppadoms Indian restaurant beside Bradys Castleknock Inn a week ago.

They are only open relatively recently. Over the years it had several different owners. Food was very good. You can bring your own bottle of wine (corkage charge). They also do takeaway food. They have an early bird menu before 8.00 pm every day except Saturday.

Here is a link to their website.

http://poppadom.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Everytime I go to that restaurant it seems to have new owners and a new name! I still think it's quite pricey, the early bird is good but get your timing wrong and it's not a cheap night out. Wasn't impressed with it last time I was there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Anybody been to the new bar / resto at Ashtown/Rathbourne yet??

Think it is called Geisha and the riverside bar(?) or something. Not sure about the bar name..... Particularly as it is beside a canal not a river :D

Passed it on train yesterday eve and it looked fab all lit up etc.

Edit. I mean not sure about the bar name as in I am not sure if I have the bar name correct or not. I don't mind what they call it! I like the way they have water connotations in the name anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

It is quite close to the Tolka too though!
    Haven't tried it yet, will do soon though since it's only a couple of minutes walk for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Gaspode wrote: »
    It is quite close to the Tolka too though!
    Haven't tried it yet, will do soon though since it's only a couple of minutes walk for me.

Very true.

Is that it's name?

I love bars beside water anyway. Canal or river I don't care ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Definitely has Geisha on the sign, not sure about the 'Riverside' bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

amdublin wrote: »
    Anybody been to the new bar / resto at Ashtown/Rathbourne yet??

Think it is called Geisha and the riverside bar(?) or something. Not sure about the bar name..... Particularly as it is beside a canal not a river :D

Passed it on train yesterday eve and it looked fab all lit up etc.

Edit. I mean not sure about the bar name as in I am not sure if I have the bar name correct or not. I don't mind what they call it! I like the way they have water connotations in the name anyway.

It does look fab - I don't think it's open yet, but really looking forward to trying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

It's called the Canal bar and geisha restaurant.

The fit out has been going on for an eternity but it looks almost ready to go. Looking forward to giving it a try when it does open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

We tried The Ming Court in blanchardstown last week and I have to say we were very disappointed :( The food was dreadful, there was loads of food but none of it was any quality.

Going to try Aurora soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

finty wrote: »

The fit out has been going on for an eternity but it looks almost ready to go. Looking forward to giving it a try when it does open.

The restaurant opened on Wednesday and has some good reviews on Rathborne.net. The bar won't open for a week or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

finty wrote: »

Good to hear of this development. Did not notice it when passing on train -must have a look out this evening. Does Geisha suggest it will serve Japanese cuisine?

ongarboy wrote: »
    Good to hear of this development. Did not notice it when passing on train -must have a look out this evening. Does Geisha suggest it will serve Japanese cuisine?

They open from 5pm, 7 days, Asian fusion. There is a "Geisha" restaurant in New York, had a look at that menu on line and think they may have borrowed some ideas as well as having the old classics. Hope to go there this week, I hear its doing very well.

Went to Geisha last night, brilliant, really nice. This place will be heaving in the summer right beside the canal. I am not going to review the restaurant and spoil the surprise, go and support your new and well overdue D15 (D7) eatery. Just down past the Half way house heading towards the Ashtown train station, cross the tracks and there it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What's the menu like in Geisha?

'Asian' it says on it, so kinda a bit of everything you want, good variety and not too dear. Looks good I have to say.
    The bar downstairs looks like it's near ready to open. The lights were all on tonight and someone was in cleaning tables. A bit open plan for my liking but with a 2 minute walk to get there it would be churlish not to have a few scoops there when it opens.

Menu is mainly Japanese/Thai, stir fried dishes, sushi, curry, noodles. starters €4-€6, mains €14-€22, most around €16. house wine €16 per bottle, about 8 reds and whites available from Findlator wines.
    the bar downstairs looks very nice and the manager is only too happy to show you around. it looks finished but they are waiting for beer taps,tvs and a few other things, it will take a few weeks. well worth a visit. they have plenty of plans in place for the summer, barbecues out by the canal, themed parties etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Do you by any chance have anything to do with this new place??

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

ate in the geisha house last weekend, very impressed and reasonably priced. ashtown was lacking a nice bar and restaurant. the bar is opening in about a month. looks nice. hopefully they'll get the right crowd in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Must give it a go, i'm pretty much beside the Halfway House so would be handy. The Rathbourne area around where the Superquinn is always seems quite enough at weekends, would have thought it would be tough to get a sizable crowd for a new bar/restaurant, but maybe i'm wrong and it could be just what the place needs.

January wrote: »
    Do you by any chance have anything to do with this new place??

Sorry if I come across that way but no I have nothing whatsoever to do with the place. Its just that this area has been screaming out for a nice place to go for something to eat for years. From Hanlon' corner to Castleknock theres nothing much. I have done the Halfway, Cumo,s and especially the Hole to death and am delighted with the new addition. lower the radar a bit and chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NJR

Was there on Sunday for food and i thought it was fab. Decor in the retaurant is really nice and food and service great. The manager in the restaurant offered us free tea or coffee after dinner!
    There have a little private room with a table that seats 10 people. Its free of charge to book and would be handy for birthdays or something.:).
    I wasnt in the bar but apparently there have a little private karaoke booth that again could be used for small parties. Looking forward to having a nice local closeby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Just come home from an excellent meal in Browne's.

Both I and Mrs Phoenix had Steak on the Stone with a few side orders'.

Food and Service were very good.

Everything was fine till the bill arrived !

The Menu said all sides were €3(By the way the steak came with nothing as in no chips no nothing.)

1 of our sides was charged at €5(the regular price).When we challanged it we were told only some sides were on offer at €3.

At this point let me say I am not one of them miserable sods that watches every cent.

However this query turned into an absolute fiasco resulting in the manageress telling us that she would have to pay the €2 out of her wages although she ageeed we were not at fault.

What a shining example of the total C**P we are still expected to put up with?

I rest my case!

I was actually in Brownes this evening also. Noticed that about the sides too. Made full use of the half priced wine though!
    Phoenix3 wrote: »
    Just come home from an excellent meal in Browne's.

Both I and Mrs Phoenix had Steak on the Stone with a few side orders'.

Food and Service were very good.

Everything was fine till the bill arrived !

The Menu said all sides were €3(By the way the steak came with nothing as in no chips no nothing.)

1 of our sides was charged at €5(the regular price).When we challanged it we were told only some sides were on offer at €3.

At this point let me say I am not one of them miserable sods that watches every cent.

However this query turned into an absolute fiasco resulting in the manageress telling us that she would have to pay the €2 out of her wages although she ageeed we were not at fault.

What a shining example of the total C**P we are still expected to put up with?

I rest my case!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Hi RTT

Could you smell the aftershave I bought off you on Adverts as I was wearing it:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Anybody got any feedback on Tsangs in Littlepace?

Heading there with a big bunch on Sunday for a birthday dinner, choose the buffet option.

• Advertisement

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    Hi RTT

Could you smell the aftershave I bought off you on Adverts as I was wearing it:D:D:D:D

Haha! Sorry all I could smell was my beautiful steak sizzling away with the garlic butter!

Advertisement