Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Indiana V New jersey @ 1.89

Wins easily for a change

Boston/Chicago/Denver @ 3.75 for me tonight, only small stake as Chicago don't have the best record at Portland and Denvers Carmello Anthony may be out.

I als like Utah for the win tonight @ 1.80

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Tonight i will be betting on Minnesota vs New Orleans under 202.5pts @10/11 with Ladbrokes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

196 pts in the end, its a winner baby:p

Boston/Chicago/Denver @ 3.75 for me tonight, only small stake as Chicago don't have the best record at Portland and Denvers Carmello Anthony may be out.

I als like Utah for the win tonight @ 1.80

Lose

For tonight I'm going with Oklahoma/Atlanta double @ 1.98
    Only concern is Atlanta may have injury concerns but should still do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I was looking at the 76ers +5 earlier. The Hawks have already beat them twice this year but Philly covered the spread twice. Atlanta are only 9-15 ats at home. Horford, Johnson and Smith questionable for the them too. Philly are poor on the road so i'd still expect Atlanta to win by 2-3 points. They'll probably piss you off right till the end.

I like the Rockets -8.5 tonight. Think it's a good spot for them to beat a tired and injury ridden Twolves team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

under 251.5 @ 5/6 at half time in nuggets/warriors game. 138 scored at the half, shouldn't be able to keep up that kind of scoring. hopefully that has skewed the unders/overs market a little bit higher than it should really be! :D

and boom goes the dynamite. 230 scored in total, comfortable :D

Get in there Ray Allen. 2561 career 3 pointers. 7683 points from beyond the arc. Some record.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

I can't believe the Celtics squandered a 15 point lead. They completely fell apart in the second half.

I like the look of the Pistons +7.5 tonight. I think it's generous to give them that many points. The Heat will probably win, but I think the Pistons will keep it close enough.

• Advertisement

Yeah unbelievable how bad they came out in the secon half. They go from 65% shooting from the field in the 1st to 29% in the 2nd. I was so close to taking the Lakers plus 10 in play but just didn't think Boston could come out so horrible.

The Heat have been covering against the spread a lot lately and are on a good roll. The factor i'd like in that is that they play Boston on Sunday. So they are probably looking towards that and don't really care about a loss to Detroit or playing a close game. Could be a good bet all right Soldie.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

Any1 else think the Clippers -4.5 aagainst the Cavaliers is way too low?

under 210.5 in magic/hornets @ half.

111 scored so far.

gone for a cheeky double of
    1 Under 201.5 @ 20/23 (heat game) - they're 20 points up so hopefully scoring will slow
    2 Under 215.5 @ 5/6 (lakers game) - 58 in 1st quarter, that scoring won't keep up (i hope!) :D
    Multiple Bets
    1 x 10.00 Doubles
    Stake: 10.00
    Potential Winnings: 24.28

jive wrote: »
    under 210.5 in magic/hornets @ half.

111 scored so far.

winner. finished at 192. only 32 scored in the 4th ^_^

gone for a cheeky double of
    1 Under 201.5 @ 20/23 (heat game) - they're 20 points up so hopefully scoring will slow
    2 Under 215.5 @ 5/6 (lakers game) - 58 in 1st quarter, that scoring won't keep up (i hope!) :D
    Multiple Bets
    1 x 10.00 Doubles
    Stake: 10.00
    Potential Winnings: 24.28

Another win :) 198 scored in the Heat game and 209 in the Lakers game. happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nice call jive. I can't remember the last time I looked at the basketball.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Nice call jive. I can't remember the last time I looked at the basketball.

thanks. as far as sports that i bet on goes i know the least about basketball tbh. its probably helpful at times because while i have an understanding of the game and how the scoring usually goes, i have no real in depth knowledge which stops me from over thinking things. sometimes simplicity is best :D

Under 212.5 @ 5/6 in spurs / wizards game. currently 117 scored at the half. scoring will probably slow down as spurs are up by 27 and the line opened at 195.5

Under 212.5 @ 5/6 in spurs / wizards game. currently 117 scored at the half. scoring will probably slow down as spurs are up by 27 and the line opened at 195.5

finished at 212 hahah. line went as high as 221.5 a few minutes after i posted. there was 11 points scored in the last 49 seconds... so it was safer than it sounds. 26 foot 3 pointer scored on the buzzer :P another winner in the basketball happy out.. even tho i seem to be the only one making any bets on d bball lately :P

• Advertisement

under 220.5 in nuggets grizzlies game, hopefully the streak of unders winners continues :D

edit;
    also under 215.5 in cavs wizards game as well

under 220.5 in nuggets grizzlies game, hopefully the streak of unders winners continues :D

edit;
    also under 215.5 in cavs wizards game as well

cavs wizards game finished at 215, lucky stuff! not so lucky with the nuggets game, finished 224. small loss on the night as a result!

taking lakers +1.5 @ 5/6. kobe having an off day will hopefully get his act together, they started the line @ -5, 7 down atm

edit; they lost by 20, further proving i should stay away from outrights in live betting on bball :D

under 215.5 pacers / pistons @ half. 5/6

115 scored so far, line started at 201.5 when i was watching it at first

edit; ugh finished at 208 but going to overtime :( baaaaaaaad luck. i hate how OT counts towards totals and handicaps :(

edit2; finished at 224 now with 20 secs left.... bed time :D... going for under 221.5 in mavericks game, they're up by 20 and have 172 scored atm. can't see a high scoring 4th, hopefully im right as that last bet was unlucky to say the least!

^ the above finished at 216 and won iirc. gone for under 286.5 in the all star game, 217 scored at end of 3rd quarter. west up by 17 so scoring will hopefully slow down. smaller stake than usual as this is just an exhibition game really. less than a 70 point quarter and this one is a winner... makes it pretty hard to resist given that the west are up by 17

edit; they banged out a 74 point quarter! close but no cigar. Was going to back under 281.5 when the line dropped and hope to land in between but alas it sky rocketed to 288.5 in about 15 seconds :pac: only a small loss, was more for a bit of interest than anything really! no biggie, bring back the regular games

Doing a good job of holding the thread together jive :pac:
    Was the all stare game good?

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Doing a good job of holding the thread together jive :pac:
    Was the all stare game good?

ha I know sure what can ya do :P I only caught the last 2 quarters. It wasn't like a normal game of bball, it was just get the ball up court as quickly as possible and try to smash it in the hoop really :D fairly entertaining i suppose!

Hmmm sounds familiar to the sport I watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Sun Feb 27

Lakers @ Thunder : Thunder, money-line, 3 units. Lose.
    76ers @ Cavs : Cavs +7.5, 2 units. Win.
    Rockets @ Hornets: Rockets +6.5, 2 units. Win.
    Knicks @ Heat: Heat -8.5, 2 units. Lose.

Result: 4-5.

• Advertisement

Liking the Clips tonight against the Kings. Took them with 2 points earlier for 100. Have a cousin over from Mexico so haven't been getting to root out bets lately. Shame cause this has normally been a successful stage of the season for me going by previous ones.

Advertisement