Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Mon Feb 28

Suns @ Nets: Nets +2.5, 2 units. Win :)
    Celtics @ Jazz: Celtics -4.5, 5 units. Win :)
    Clippers @ Kings: Clippers ML, 2 units. Lose :(

Result: 7-2
    To date: 11-7

Fri Mar 4

Heat @ Spurs: Spurs -2.5, 3 units. Win.

To date: 14-7

Sat Mar 5

Timberwolves @ Wizards, Wizards -3.5, 1.5 units. Win
    Nuggets @ Clippers, Clippers -1.5, 1.5 units. Win
    Kings @ Jazz, Jazz -7.5, 2 units. Lose

To date: 17-9

Sun Mar 6

Lakers @ Spurs, Spurs -3.5, 3 units. Lose

To date: 17-12

Mon Mar 7

Clippers @ Bobcats, Clippers ML, 2 units. Win

To date: 19-12

• Advertisement

Tue Mar 8

Blazers @ Heat, Heat -8.5, 3 units. Lose

To date: 19-15

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

under 219.5 @ half, 76ers and pacers. 118 scored so far

^ finished at 210, fairly comfortable. just 36 scored in the 3rd. Put a tiny bet on miami +4.5 @ 10/11 for a bit of interest in the end of that game

and Miami lose by 9! interesting viewing though :p profit for the night anyway, cant beat it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

The Heat are a mess right now. Too much pressure on them from their home media and Bosh saying he isn't happy with his role. Really fancy the Lakers to win tomorrow by at least a bucket. They've been rolling since the all star break.

• Advertisement

jive wrote: »
    and Miami lose by 9! interesting viewing though :p profit for the night anyway, cant beat it

Yeah I hated my bet as soon as I started watching the match. I managed to get out of it, bet the Blazers straight-up at half-time with a 6-point lead @ 6/4. They look an impressive team now that they're healthy & with the addition of Gerald Wallace. Wouldn't like to face them in the first round of the playoffs.

Wed Mar 9

Thunder @ 76ers, Thunder +1.5, 2 units.
    Knicks @ Grizzlies, Grizzlies -4.5, 2 units.
    Warriors @ Nets, Warriors -2.5, 3 units. (No Deron Williams, looks good value)

i love placing an unders bet and watching the line sink really fast after you put it on :D music to my eyes i tell ya

If you can stay up late and watch the games and have the stats handy you can clean up on games that are really high scoring in the first and both teams are shooting above their FG percentage. The markets get inflated and then over the course of the game they regress to the norm. Really need to be up watching the game though instead of just looking at a score and then taking the bet. And also take the bet before the 1st half ends as they'll recalculate the line for the second half at the break.

If you can stay up late and watch the games and have the stats handy you can clean up on games that are really high scoring in the first and both teams are shooting above their FG percentage. The markets get inflated and then over the course of the game they regress to the norm. Really need to be up watching the game though instead of just looking at a score and then taking the bet. And also take the bet before the 1st half ends as they'll recalculate the line for the second half at the break.

if the first 2 quarters have abnormally high scoring i like to wait till the finish of the 2nd (they seem to score a few baskets in the last minute or 2 of the 2nd quarter which inflates the line further) then i like to take the unders market. It's especially nice if one team is up by >15. I usually open up tabs with the starting game lines and see how inflated they actually are in comparison to how they opened up. I've had some joy with it but sometimes you get unlucky but you only need to hit 2/3 to score profit and I think based on my record it's fairly do-able over the long run you just have to know when to strike and hope that the scoring doesn't continue abnormally high. It usually does slow down after 2 big quarters.

Tonight i'm having a small bet on the lakers -4.5 at 29/20, just for a bit of interest really! Miami are in a bad way at the moment and lakers have won 8 on the snot. Dunno if they'll beat them by 5 but i prefer it over the -1.5 @ 10/11 because i think miami will win or just go bust :D like i sad though just a small bet as i'm not good at all with basketball outrights tbh

When i meant before the 1st half ends i meant like the last possession of the half. Basketball is a season long game. I didn't do it properly this year like i done in others. But you really need to be watching the games, keeping up with the stats, capping the games yourself and making a few bets a week based on units instead of level betting. As you said 2/3 or 5/6 for the week and you are up.

I just took the Lakers +3. 250 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Gone for Under 202.5 in Thunder @ Heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

boston celtics i hate u all that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pablo-jericho

partyndbs wrote: »
    boston celtics i hate u all that is all
    I know the feeling well.

The Celtics been kind to me lately. But they have royally fúcked me over in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Had the Spurs last night +5.5,can't believe they actually lost for a finish after leading all game nearly.

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Had the Spurs last night +5.5,can't believe they actually lost for a finish after leading all game nearly.

They were missing Duncan and altitude plays a role in Denver which is why they have a good home record most seasons. Spurs looked tired in the 4th.

Gone with a €25 double on the Spurs & Trailblazers (+4),pays €101,prices with PP. Spurs have come up trumps for me last 2 two times I've backed them on the handicap although I'm just going with them on the moneyline tonight,I like the 11/10. Was going to back Portland on the moneyline but just settled for the handicap,reckon it'll be close.

Shouldn't really be backing teams at the moment,I'll blame boredom for that!!

Just waiting on Heat tonight for my 6/1 treble to come through,the Bulls & the Mavs won for me last night on the moneyline.

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Just waiting on Heat tonight for my 6/1 treble to come through,the Bulls & the Mavs won for me last night on the moneyline.

celtics gonna win!!

I've a large sum on the Celtics to win the series. But Brothers is the ref tonight. He heavily favors road teams in his decisions. I've seem him change games big time with bogus calls. Also Rondo is a game time decision after messing up his elbow. Hoping for a Celtics win though.

I fancy Chicago to do the business again tonight with 5pts to spare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I like the over 200.5 Pts in tonights game, Dallas vs Okl, i think its nailed on:cool:.

I like the over 200.5 Pts in tonights game, Dallas vs Okl, i think its nailed on:cool:.

Looks good alright,I also fancy The Mavs -5.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nice one Jonjo. had a small bet on it after reading this last night.

Advertisement