Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Headshot wrote: »
    I was reading up some forums and they mention over 212 points in the Miami Heat @ New York Knicks game

any thoughts on that ?
    i'd probably wait for the in running to see how the scoring is going. 212 points is a pretty big total to hit but they are 2 high scoring teams so if they both come out scoring then i'd take it but i wouldn't fancy taking it before the game. It should be a relatively tight game which is always good for hitting overs.
    3 matches over 599.5pts thinking of doing this?
    205,212,182 are the overs/unders market for the 3 games tonight. thats 599 on the button. i'd rather take a single at the same price rather than relying on 3 games to be relatively high scoring. the way i look at it is you'll pretty much need to to clear overs easily in case 1 leaves you down. i personally wouldn't take it @ 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,873 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

boston price has gone from 1/2 to 10/19

wonder whats up there

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

wonder whats up there

its gone from 0.5 to 0.5263 only a small move that is all

backing miami on betfair 1.66

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

The Heat-Knicks game is really a flip of a coin as to whether it will go over. Both sides are typically high scoring but the game could easily just be a defensive battle. There's been a lot of emphasis on trying to shut Stoudemire down tonight. The leagues top scorer. But since this game features number 1 and 2 top scorers it could be end to end. I think this game will open fast paced and could be over 54 points in the 1st Q.

what ya think of miami 1st quarter -0.5 at 10/11 on betfair ?

think i will put afew euros on that

• Advertisement

wonder whats up there

A good bit of money came in late in the afternoon in the US on the Blazers to cover the spread. So the bookies over this side of the Atlantic are probably just reacting a bit. No major news or players not playing or nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Im all :confused: what to bet on tonight, i think ill just open another can and sit it out.

Probably a wise move Jonjo. Either the bookies clean up tonight if the Heat game goes under or the Knicks cover as most of the money is on the overs and Heat ATS. Or the bookies get cleaned out. Hoping for a Heat cover and overs myself. Good card tomorrow night.

jkelly85 wrote: »
    what ya think of miami 1st quarter -0.5 at 10/11 on betfair ?

think i will put afew euros on that

Miami win by 1 point so happy with that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:( **** low scoring, i was gona go for this earlier in the day byt then back out because i had too much to drink and i dont like to gamble when im half cut.

• Advertisement

small stake on under 191.5. going into 4th quarter with 137 scored in total and the highest scoring quarter was 47. 55 point 4th? i think not!

jive wrote: »
    small stake on under 191.5. going into 4th quarter with 137 scored in total and the highest scoring quarter was 47. 55 point 4th? i think not!

finished at 181 so pretty comfortable, softened the blow as i had a double with heat and celtics and the heat just lost :@ 29-15 in the 4th quarter, they led by 9 wtf is that about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Just one double for tonight, I probably shouldn't have bothered as it includes Boston.

Houston V Dallas + Boston V Portland @ 2.0

Wins

Going with the Twolves to cover against the Jazz tonight. They are currently +8.5 in European bookies. Falling to +7 and +6.5 in the US so should follow soon enough over here.

One treble for tonight
    New York V Atlanta + Denver V Cleveland + Minnesotta V Utah @ 2.04

Also thinking of backing Orlando to beat Chicago but not a 100% yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

NBA Matches
    Detroit Pistons At Miami Heat
    2011-01-29 00:35:00
    Total Points Scored
    Over (189.5)

very confident in the overs here tonight,last night was a game in which miami should of won and of won easily,miami played good defense and put in a lot of work and subsequently i think they will feel those tired legs tonight which it will make it easier for detroit to score,also the big players of miami were not the best despite at shooting last night either so they will try to make up for their mistakes last night by trying to trounce detroit,which i dont think they will,in fact i think detroit will cover the spread but i still expect a maimi win..
    Miami is 14-4 OVER when playing against a bad team that has a win % between 25-49 over the 2nd half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
    Detroit is 6-2 OVER in last 8 vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
    I would defo play the overs here as you can deny the stats and the scoring ability by both on show..
    As i said im very confident in it coming in..this is going to be one of my biggest bets and im putting my neck on the line here,i really do fancy it BIG time..
    Couple of worrys that have to be factored in,in the last game between these there was only 72 points scored by detroit,and 169 in total,which is worrying but that was due to excellent defense and not detroits shooting ability.
    Big bet..

Bumsex wrote: »
    NBA Matches
    Detroit Pistons At Miami Heat
    2011-01-29 00:35:00
    Total Points Scored
    Over (189.5)

very confident in the overs here tonight,last night was a game in which miami should of won and of won easily,miami played good defense and put in a lot of work and subsequently i think they will feel those tired legs tonight which it will make it easier for detroit to score,also the big players of miami were not the best despite at shooting last night either so they will try to make up for their mistakes last night by trying to trounce detroit,which i dont think they will,in fact i think detroit will cover the spread but i still expect a maimi win..
    Miami is 14-4 OVER when playing against a bad team that has a win % between 25-49 over the 2nd half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
    Detroit is 6-2 OVER in last 8 vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
    I would defo play the overs here as you can deny the stats and the scoring ability by both on show..
    As i said im very confident in it coming in..this is going to be one of my biggest bets and im putting my neck on the line here,i really do fancy it BIG time..
    Couple of worrys that have to be factored in,in the last game between these there was only 72 points scored by detroit,and 169 in total,which is worrying but that was due to excellent defense and not detroits shooting ability.
    Big bet..
    best of luck mate

will have a bet on it myself on betfair as the rest are going 190.5 betfair still 189.5

its currently 180.5,i personally would be all over this but have too much staked already,anybody that hasnt had a bet,this is a great one,,overs all the way,it will pick up just watch.;)

its currently 180.5,i personally would be all over this but have too much staked already,anybody that hasnt had a bet,this is a great one,,overs all the way,it will pick up just watch.;)
    hopefully it will pick up. alot of poor shooting so far

takin overs in miami game at 180.5 i think it was just missed 179.5! scoring seemed to be picking up towards the end of the first so hopefully thats a sign of things to come, also miami havent blown them away yet so a closer game will lead to more points i hope :D

• Advertisement

takin overs in miami game at 180.5 i think it was just missed 179.5! scoring seemed to be picking up towards the end of the first so hopefully thats a sign of things to come, also miami havent blown them away yet so a closer game will lead to more points i hope :D

Over 177.5 bet 365

My God Maimi miss wade and bosh so much.
    cant see my bet of over 189.5 coming in at all now :mad::mad:

One treble for tonight
    New York V Atlanta + Denver V Cleveland + Minnesotta V Utah @ 2.04

Also thinking of backing Orlando to beat Chicago but not a 100% yet.

One more bet laying Oklahoma at 1.23, there currently 17-10 down and they had a tough game the last day when going to overtime.

jkelly85 wrote: »
    Over 177.5 bet 365

My God Maimi miss wade and bosh so much.
    cant see my bet of over 189.5 coming in at all now :mad::mad:

damn i didnt know bosh was playing they relied heavily on him for scoring the last night! if i'd have known that i wouldnt have put on any bet tbh. theres still hope anyway, as long as the game stays tight there will be scores. fingers crossed! its only at 178.5 now on 365 so not too much in it really

damn i didnt know bosh was playing they relied heavily on him for scoring the last night! if i'd have known that i wouldnt have put on any bet tbh. theres still hope anyway, as long as the game stays tight there will be scores. fingers crossed! its only at 178.5 now on 365 so not too much in it really

Bosh and Wade missing.

need a huge second half or over-time haha. william hill go over 175.5 which i think will cover

i think any1 on over 180.5 is safe not sure about my bet yet,
    there is a lot of 3s being shot and missed,,
    all it takes is a couple of quick 3s and im back in the game but so far that isnt happening,le bron with a sprained ankle now wont help the cause but theres always over time anyway...:rolleyes:

i think any1 on over 180.5 is safe not sure about my bet yet,
    there is a lot of 3s being shot and missed,,
    all it takes is a couple of quick 3s and im back in the game but so far that isnt happening,le bron with a sprained ankle now wont help the cause but theres always over time anyway...:rolleyes:

yeah i think 174.5 on william hill will cover. yeah afew early 3 pointer and we are back in the game hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Not watching any of the games tonight,any good ones so far lads?

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Not watching any of the games tonight,any good ones so far lads?

well you know which one were watching anyway,cant comment on any others..;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

well you know which one were watching anyway,cant comment on any others..;)

Do the Heat look like winning?

Advertisement