Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Do the Heat look like winning?

well im hoping for a draw tbh,but yes Le bron should win..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Bumsex wrote: »
    well im hoping for a draw tbh,but yes Le bron should win..;)
    hoping for O/T myself....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

One more bet laying Oklahoma at 1.23, there currently 17-10 down and they had a tough game the last day when going to overtime.

This one going all the way.

One treble for tonight
    New York V Atlanta + Denver V Cleveland + Minnesotta V Utah @ 2.04

Also thinking of backing Orlando to beat Chicago but not a 100% yet.

The treble wins but Orlando lose, knew I should have stayed out of it.
    I also laid Oklahoma at 1.23 but they won in double overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Ouch. How could anyone go overs in the Miami game at the opening line when they were missing Wade and Bosh and had a terrible night in NY. Not to mention the Pistons being one of the worst points and rebounds team in the NBA. Hard luck though man. That was a lot to stake on it.

• Advertisement

Ouch. How could anyone go overs in the Miami game at the opening line when they were missing Wade and Bosh and had a terrible night in NY. Not to mention the Pistons being one of the worst points and rebounds team in the NBA. Hard luck though man. That was a lot to stake on it.

dont be doing the snake now horse by after timing...:rolleyes:
    its easy to say all that now..grow up.

Easy to say beforehand too. They are one of the worst points scored and rebound teams. Those are facts that were true before the tip. I'm not rubbing it in. Just a lot of factors available beforehand to show Miami weren't going to put up the points. You even said yourself you didn't think they'd cover. Usually that points towards low scoring when a top ranked team meets a bottom one.

Easy to say beforehand too. They are one of the worst points scored and rebound teams. Those are facts that were true before the tip. I'm not rubbing it in. Just a lot of factors available beforehand to show Miami weren't going to put up the points. You even said yourself you didn't think they'd cover. Usually that points towards low scoring when a top ranked team meets a bottom one.

well you should of said that last night and you would of saved us a lot of bother...

Didn't see it last night. And i assume you would have placed the bet before posting up here. So no bother saved.

Didn't see it last night. And i assume you would have placed the bet before posting up here. So no bother saved.

well its better than after timing,,,and giving people a second opinion is always good..

• Advertisement

If i had of seen it i would have posted up that Wade and Bosh were out and given my opinion on it. I'm seriously not trying to belittle the bet and sorry if it came off that way. I'm just a big a basketball fan so i'm a little opinionated on it. I know i have hindsight but i would have honestly favored unders given a lot of available factors. Anyways you'll get it back. Plenty more games left.

Just the one for tonight
    A treble paying 2.13
    Indiana V Chicago + Atlanta V Dallas + Houston V San antonio

I also considered a double of Milwaukee and New orleans pays 2.0 but happy to leave it alone.

NBA Matches New Orleans Hornets At Sacramento Kings
    30-01-2011 03:05
    Match Betting
    New Orleans Hornets @ 10/19

Sacramento is 11-33 straight up this year.
    New Orleans is 31-16 straight up this year.
    They are also 11-4 ATS their last 15 games over all.
    The Hornets are 6-0 ATS after scoring 100 or more points in their last game which they did in their last game against the warriors,which also adds that extra bit of confidence in them coming through.I watched that game on and off and they seemed to be in control for most of that game and over all played well, scoring a lot..
    Hornets played last thursday which gives them time to rest,practice and study kings play..This all adds up for me,and are all positives leading to a victory and one that i think will lead hornets to cover the spread as well.
    they have also won their last 2 games against them this season.
    The Hornets are 8-0 ATS their last 8 road games,which in all the statistics this one cannot be ignored and am very confident in them covering the -5 spread not to mind winning the game..
    cant say much more really,only i fancy it big time,

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Gone for Memphis -2.5 1st Quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Under 200.5 @ 5/6
    raptors vs timberwolves

just 74 scored with 4mins remaining in the 4th, should hopefully stay under the 200s

I got it at 219.5 pre game. 88 points at the half. As long as Toronto stay only putting up around the 20 mark for the last 2 quarters it should remain under 200.

I got it at 219.5 pre game. 88 points at the half. As long as Toronto stay only putting up around the 20 mark for the last 2 quarters it should remain under 200.

line is at 194.5 now and twolves are goin to have a big lead going into the 4th which should help with low scoring with them runnin down the clock

bet is safe as houses wish they'd give me my money though so i could stake some of it into the hornets -1.5 @ 5/6!

taken Hornets +1.5, good thing there was no money in my account i guess :P

Just the one for tonight
    A treble paying 2.13
    Indiana V Chicago + Atlanta V Dallas + Houston V San antonio

I also considered a double of Milwaukee and New orleans pays 2.0 but happy to leave it alone.

The main one wins.

• Advertisement

jive wrote: »
    taken Hornets +1.5, good thing there was no money in my account i guess :P

this ain't looking too good. i think i will stick to overs/unders as i seem to hit a winner on that pretty often whereas a hit on the spread is much much rarer :P

edit; taken Under 196.5 @ 5/6 in that game. if either bet wins il be in profit for the night so will be happy enough

jive wrote: »
    this ain't looking too good. i think i will stick to overs/unders as i seem to hit a winner on that pretty often whereas a hit on the spread is much much rarer :P

edit; taken Under 196.5 @ 5/6 in that game. if either bet wins il be in profit for the night so will be happy enough

rotten, kings by 6 and 198 scored :D unlucky stuff, lots of points scored in the last 1.30. didnt lose too much though so not too worried, still unlucky tho :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,874 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing hornets, never again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I thought they were a risky bet,Kings playing much better lately,beaten Lakers twice lately.

Two doubles tonight pays 2.57

Main bet
    Miami V Oklahoma + Detroit V New York

Smaller bet pays 3.58
    New orleans V Phoenix + Utah V Golden state

going for under 196.5 in the lakers celtics game. 149 scored at the end of the 3rd (43 1st, 61 2nd, 45 3rd). Havent seen any of the game but looking at the scoring i just have a feeling that they wont hit a 48 point quarter in the last, could be wrong though. Celtics lead by 5 and will hopefully keep the lakers from scoring too many as they only scored 21 and 18 in the 1st and 3rd quarter.

edit; poo, big scoring 4th

Two doubles tonight pays 2.57

Main bet
    Miami V Oklahoma + Detroit V New York

Smaller bet pays 3.58
    New orleans V Phoenix + Utah V Golden state

Both lose

Liking the Clippers minus the points tonight.

The Heat play the Magic on Thursday but both have their last games before that one tonight. Usually both teams don't play too great before big games. Especially when they have played in good wins the night before. The Cavs covered last night against the Magic. The Heat should win easily against the dismal Cavs but i reckon they slow down on a 20+ lead and Cleveland get a back door cover. The Magic play the Grizzlies who have been playing some really good ball recently. And that was on the road where they typically haven't been the best. At home they are very strong and defensive. I could see them winning this straight up. Orlando go back home to face Miami in an inter state game and i reckon their focus is on that instead of a final road game. The same goes for Miami who know they should still win by rotating their starters and not giving 100%.

Gonna consider both of these as singles and perhaps a double.

Cavs +17.5
    Grizzlies + 1.5

• Advertisement

The Heat play the Magic on Thursday but both have their last games before that one tonight. Usually both teams don't play too great before big games. Especially when they have played in good wins the night before. The Cavs covered last night against the Magic. The Heat should win easily against the dismal Cavs but i reckon they slow down on a 20+ lead and Cleveland get a back door cover. The Magic play the Grizzlies who have been playing some really good ball recently. And that was on the road where they typically haven't been the best. At home they are very strong and defensive. I could see them winning this straight up. Orlando go back home to face Miami in an inter state game and i reckon their focus is on that instead of a final road game. The same goes for Miami who know they should still win by rotating their starters and not giving 100%.

Gonna consider both of these as singles and perhaps a double.

Cavs +17.5
    Grizzlies + 1.5

I probably should have read this first :D
    But I'm going with a treble of
    Toronto V Indiana + Orlando V Memphis + Washington V Dallas @ 2.55

Advertisement