Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

taken under 195.5 in grizzlies raptors game for a bit of interest. was at 199.5 and as low as 192.5, seems to be gradually decreasing so hopefully this trend continues :P

can be got at 200.5 at the half now :P

swing and a miss, had to lose on d bball eventually had a good run before tonight

finished at 198

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

PM sent.

In tonight's games I fancy:

San An @ GSW over 211.5
    GS are a run and gun team, esp. at home and are always worth a look up to higher points than 211.5 in my opinion. San An are at the mo. the best team in the NBA and can score from any position, but have a had a few poor defensive outings, relying on scoring more than the opposition to win games. Golden State won't win with defense so will go all out to outscore San An, plus San An lost last game out so won't want back to back losses. WIN

Milwaukee at Chicago over 178.5
    Chicago are the best team in the NBA at hammering teams below .500 (4 30+ games this year). Both teams have starter injuries but Chicago are at home. Only downside I can see is the Bulls take it easy or Milwaukee not scoring 79 (Chicago average just shy of 99pts a game). Caution: It was 90-77 when they last met a month ago, but I don't think that's going to happen tonight. LOSE

I'm only going with those two as the odds or spreads on the rest aren't great. Others I'd be interested in were I as rich as bumsex would be:
    PHX at PHI at 207 OVER WIN
    WASH at NY 210 OVER WIN
    Orlando to win LOSE
    NJ to win WIN
    NY to win WIN
    CHI to win WIN
    TOR to win LOSE
    PHX to win LOSE
    SAN AN to win WIN

BUT DON'T BLAME ME IF THEY DON'T COME IN!:)

As usual, I'd have been better off going with bets I didn't make......:rolleyes:
    Ah well......

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Soldie wrote: »
    I can't get away from the over in the Bulls versus Nicks game. It seems very low: It started out at 178.5 today and has now moved down to 178. Have I fallen for a trap?

:pac:

I swear they were missing on purpose!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

I've gone with 4 doubles for tonight, I probably shouldn't but doing ok of late (just jinxed myself :D )

Houston + Knicks @ 2.18
    Memphis + Chicago @ 1.9
    San antonio + Phoenix/Philly over 206.5 @ 2.75
    San antonio + Washington/Knicks under 209.5 @ 2.93

The Washington/Knicks has me thinking twice

3 of the doubles win can you guess which one lost. :D

TOLD YA!

Crap only 2 of them won Phoenix/Philly over lost also, I was looking at the wrong result.

LAL -7 and Denver -5 tonight are tempting.

Also considering:
    Cleveland v Boston under 197
    Utah v LAL over 195.5
    Den v Washington over 210

A double tonight @ 2.0

Denver V Washington
    La Clippers V Dallas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Haven't had a bet in a while but think i'll go for Lakers -2.5 tonight for the 1st quarter.

Under 229.5
    nuggets and wizards game
    currently half time with 124 scored. Nuggets are 12 ahead and should hopefully pull away even more in the 3rd, then just play down the clock for a bit in the 4th resulting in lower scoring. Fingers crossed they pull away! Even if they dont it will be tough to hit 126 anyway.

lol @ my late night math ability. that should read 106 not 126

jive wrote: »
    Under 229.5
    nuggets and wizards game
    currently half time with 124 scored. Nuggets are 12 ahead and should hopefully pull away even more in the 3rd, then just play down the clock for a bit in the 4th resulting in lower scoring. Fingers crossed they pull away! Even if they dont it will be tough to hit 126 anyway.

won. finished at 229, 3 pointer scored on the buzzer though so didnt have to sweat too much :P

Haven't had a bet in a while but think i'll go for Lakers -2.5 tonight for the 1st quarter.

well that couldn't have been easier

A double tonight @ 2.0

Denver V Washington
    La Clippers V Dallas

Wins

well that couldn't have been easier

Yeah sure looks that way. Only seeing the score now. Liking the Spurs tonight if the spread is less than -4. Jazz back to back games after what looks like a long game for them last night. And Spurs off a days rest and good win at the Warriors. Can't see it up on PP yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

Spread up now. Its -3. Do you still think its a good bet

Haven't took it yet as Duncan is probable. However even without him i still think the Spurs can cover. This Jazz team is just pathetic right now. The team doesn't even know the playbook. In their last 10 losses something like 6 or 7 of them have been by double digits. They've also yet to lose by less than 5 points. I just don't see how they turn it around tonight. They'll probably start strong and win the 1st Q or at least cover the spread as their not too bad from the jump at home. But i see the Spurs getting on a run eventually. Only real fear i have is a backdoor cover when the Spurs bench plays it out. Maybe i'm a bit optimisitc but the Jazz really have been that brutal. And the Spurs are the best road team currently if my memory serves me right.

2 doubles for me tonight

San Antonio V Utah + LA clippers V Houston @ 2.14
    Orlando V Indiana + Oklahoma V Minnesotta @ 2.03

and I'm thinking a smaller bet on
    Denver V Detroit + Atlanta V Milwaukee @ 3.11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

like the look of the heat tonight- 3 great call last night on the spurs guys

2 doubles for me tonight

San Antonio V Utah + LA clippers V Houston @ 2.14
    Orlando V Indiana + Oklahoma V Minnesotta @ 2.03

and I'm thinking a smaller bet on
    Denver V Detroit + Atlanta V Milwaukee @ 3.11

Both the main two win but Atlanta lose for the smaller double

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

Whats tonights fancy lads ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Ladbrokes are doing total points for tonights 3 matches over 599.5pts 5/6 or under 599.5Pts 5/6, im tempted to trow 120 on under, any opinion lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Knicks +3.5

I like the Heat to win tonight but i'm not too confident on the -3.5. It's live on ESPN tonight so i might leave it to an in play bet and see if i can get it down to a bucket. Lebron and Wade both have a good history at MSG and the Heat dominated the last game there. And that was back when NY was on a hot streak. Now they are the opposite and aren't playing too well. Only win in the last 7 was a close one against the crap Wizards. Heat are well rested but might be a bit cold getting going in the first. Spread isn't up on PP yet so i'll have a look later. The overs did interest me until it jumped from 208 to 211.5.

Just one double for tonight, I probably shouldn't have bothered as it includes Boston.

Houston V Dallas + Boston V Portland @ 2.0

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

I like the look of the over 183.0 in the Celtics at Trail Blazers game.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was reading up some forums and they mention over 212 points in the Miami Heat @ New York Knicks game

any thoughts on that ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

3 matches over 599.5pts thinking of doing this?

Advertisement